Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

6 minutes ago, gnrstuffcoolyea12 said:

Sorry being lazy and don't want to sift through all these pages...

1. Do we have any videos of Chinese Democracy and/or Better yet? I'm dying to hear what Slash did to those.

2. Did Richard get any solos, or was it all Slash on lead?

3. How was the on-stage interactions between everyone? Did Slash and Richard stand next to each other and jam at all? What about Axl and Slash...any back-to-back poses, hugs, pats on the back?

4. What was Melissa like on stage? Is she a better presence than Pitman?

5. Axl Rants? Band Intros? What did Axl talk about??

1. Nope

2. Doubt that

3. Can't tell

4. Even Pitman's towel has better presence.

5. "This guy needs no introduction" - Axl about Slash

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

he doesn't sound 'horrible'. He sounds good, but not great. The mickey voice is coming through again...his style of rasp requires a lot of force/power and he must have tired himself out. 

that's essentially what i said, he needs to get in better cardio shape to SUSTAIN RASP and volume of sound. he certainly can do it if he wants.

he use to be a cardio animal and that was a massive part of seeing GNR live. he was always running around stage while simultaneously sounding almost recording studio quality.

seeing a stationary Axl on stage without at least a solid consistent voice behind it will be incredibly shocking to those who haven't followed the band in 25+ years. and those are the majority of people that GNR management is counting on to buy tickets and sell out massive venues.

Was an amazing show, amazing energy in the crowd despite major sleep depreviation. Cant believe how tiny that place was.

There was mic issues here and there, axl kept leaving the stage but i thought his voice was great until paradise

Loved all the slash solos. He makes chi dem songs seem more interesting.

Wttj, its so easy, my michelle,night train were the highlights 4 me

Better felt awkward to me

The bromancing during kohd was something special.

Was cool too see jim carrey, lenny, cage and dice overlooking us from the side balcony

• Like 2

1 minute ago, thirdeyeuss400 said:

The reason they got that scene/anime/hipster chick is cause they're trying to attract a new younger fan base. That's my view of it.

Doubt it. My guess is it was tweet or he just didn't get along with new band. To all those saying you don't need the 2nd keyboard, how else would they play Maddy?

Talking about that girl in the stage.......................and nobody realize that in 6 days they will perform in coacchela and AXL SOUND LIKE MICKEY MOUSE! the guy just need to find someone to help him or this is going to be a total circus

Axl has the money and time...get a personal trainer that those hollywood actors like christian bale has and cut doen 30-40 pounds in a few months...i don't really care and i'm not judging him i usually hate talking about these kinds of things but Axl could easily do it if he wanted to...maybe somebody will talk him into it now that he is open to new things again.

Axl sounded pretty damn great. Best since 2010 to me.  His just getting started and will get stronger as the concerts go on.

There's a few of the same people that are natural whingers on here and will complain about any little thing they can. They will look down on anything and everything. From his moustache to his clothing to stumbling slightly on a verse. Give the dude a break. 

Overall they had a great warm up and I would of loved to of been there. What they did was a special thing tonight. Thank you guns n roses!!

• Like 2

Hoped for a real reunion.

No Steven, no Izzy. And now a girl in the band. 

No way I will pay for or even follow this band and tour.

I'm left to my memories of the real Rock'n'Roll GnR.

But I'm glad you others enjoy it! Have a blast folks!

2 minutes ago, paranoyd androyd said:

that's essentially what i said, he needs to get in better cardio shape to SUSTAIN RASP and volume of sound. he certainly can do it if he wants.

he use to be a cardio animal and that was a massive part of seeing GNR live. he was always running around stage while simultaneously sounding almost recording studio quality.

seeing a stationary Axl on stage without at least a solid consistent voice behind it will be incredibly shocking to those who haven't followed the band in 25+ years. and those are the majority of people that GNR management is counting on to buy tickets and sell out massive venues.

There have been times when he was in good physical shape, but the mickey voice still came through (2001/2002).  I think a huge part of that sustained rasp sound was anger/rage...I've noticed that Axl sounds better when he's angry. 

• Like 1