If GnR released a box set, what would you want?

If GnR was to release a box set in time for Christmas this year, what six items would you want in it? For your $100 bill:

1. New album, written by current band (and Izzy)

2. Album featuring best remaining CD songs 

3. The Illusions behind the scenes footage DVD

4. Regrouping DVD. A four-hour documentary featuring the best live performances as well as behind the scene footage. Rehearsals. Interviews with Axl, slash and duff. History on how the boys got back together. 

5. Axl's uncensored autobiography. 

6. An Outakes CD. Just a weird eclectic group of songs.  Includes the updated versions of OMG, Silkworms, crash diet, and studio versions of seeker, back n black, the This I Love remake, and then acoustic versions of a couple songs, and maybe their version of Slither and Fall to Pieces. 

And throw in a link or pass word that gave you access to every pro shot concert in the GnR catalog. GnR would set up a website that hosted all those shows back to the early days. The box set would give you access to those shows. 

2 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

That list would be worth far more than $100.

New CD $15

CD2 $15

Illusions doc $20

Regrouping doc $25

Random song CD $15

Axl book $25

Thats $115

plus the access to listen to old concerts. 

As a package $100 seems about right. 

But the cost wasn't really the point of the topic. 

What would you like to see in a GnR box set?

Might as well dream big

1. New hybrid album of all new originals (with Adler and Izzy on a track or two)and reworked chinese leftover songs all from the current lineup

2. Bluray/CD of the Trobadour and a stadium show  (with Adler appearance as a bonus feature)

3. Documentary of NITL and album

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

New CD $15

CD2 $15

Illusions doc $20

Regrouping doc $25

Random song CD $15

Axl book $25

Thats $115

plus the access to listen to old concerts. 

As a package $100 seems about right. 

But the cost wasn't really the point of the topic. 

What would you like to see in a GnR box set?

I agree with all of the pricing estimates, though if it allowed access to pre-shot versions of every show, that's something I wouldn't even know how to value, but I know it wouldn't be free.

Obviously I'd love all of the stuff you listed; I'd pay a couple hundred for a box set like that.

But, I'd be happy with just one of those things, even.

That said, I am very happy with the status of things currently. But am anticipating the next step, whenever that may be.

5 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

Anything.

Release anything. 

That's the best answer, obviously!!!

If Axl really does have a vault full of music - which he and The Beta have both said is true - then it really is shame he doesn't want to share it with his diehard fanbase. 

5 hours ago, Black Sabbath said:

I agree with all of the pricing estimates, though if it allowed access to pre-shot versions of every show, that's something I wouldn't even know how to value, but I know it wouldn't be free.

Obviously I'd love all of the stuff you listed; I'd pay a couple hundred for a box set like that.

But, I'd be happy with just one of those things, even.

That said, I am very happy with the status of things currently. But am anticipating the next step, whenever that may be.

What kind of money do you think they would generate with the concert idea? 

I don't know how the technology works. In that scenario. GnR starts a website that has say 400 pro shot concerts, ranging from 1988 through last month. Is there a way that you can make it so people can't record or copy those videos and post them online for free?

If the band charged $1 per show. Or a fee of $50 for unlimited access to all the shows. 

Whats your guess? Maybe 50,000 people do it, spending an average of $20 apiece. That's a million dollars. 

• Like 1

Okay, for $100.00... (this is me thinking realistically, not crazy stuff like "release brand new album and a DVD from every era")

• BluRay of 4/1/16 show, includes interviews, anything related to this show
  • Not In This Lifetime tour book (autographed by the band)
  • Audio CD of one of the 2016 shows (whichever the band felt was the best show)
  • Miscellaneous items like a tour pass, stickers, etc (throw in stuff to make you feel you are getting extra value)

Make it a limited edition of 15,000 with each box set numbered.

Now...this is what I think would be realistic.  I prefer what you guys are saying :lol:

How about something like AFD box set, like Metallica did with Kill Em All and it should contain:

Original AFD cd and vinyl (with rape cover)

Lihograph of original artwork

Live DVD with footage of early years (@recklessroad?), Donnington 88', Giants stadium and other AFD tour footage, as there is not a lot of footage from these years (maybe one song from one show)

Maybe some vinyl or CD from early rehearsals

Some promo stuff, like maybe fake concert passes, patches,...

Price: somewhere around $200

option Number five. chinese democracy...naked:

featuring backing track mixes of all of pitman's contributions and fresh guitar work from DJ Ashba, with Axl adding crazy mickey sounds. I'd buy that for a dollar.

Edited by action