Prostitute was sound checked in Bilbao

I'd easily pay $200 for a ticket to see Guns playing the chinese democracy album from start to finish. And besides a few surprise cameos from Josh Freese to Robin Finck, Chris Pitman, at the end of the show, we will get to hear The General with a full blown orchestra. How awesome is that.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I'd easily pay $200 for a ticket to see Guns playing the chinese democracy album from start to finish. And besides a few surprise cameos from Josh Freese to Robin Finck, Chris Pitman, at the end of the show, we will get to hear The General with a full blown orchestra. How awesome is that.

Sounds about as awesome as contracting a disease of the genitalia.

I think you are living in the wrong era. Do you know that we had this era which lasted approximately from 2000 - 2014; you may have liked it; it had all these people like DJ Ashba floating around?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Cory Trevor said:

Prostitute is like a Stephanie Seymour ballad fucked a James Bond theme song, its wonderful.

If The World sounds more like a Bond song. I think I even remember Axl saying something like it was their attempt at writing a "cheesy Bond song" or something to that effect. I actually used to like when they'd do the Fortus Bond solo, If The World, and Live And Let Die all together in the set.

I just like the fact that Guns N' Roses was once a band with three guitars. It's not entirely a Dj Ashba thing, sure he wasn't exactly the right guy to replace Robin. 

13 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think you are living in the wrong era. Do you know that we had this era which lasted approximately from 2000 - 2014; you may have liked it; it had all these people like DJ Ashba floating around?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Believe it or not, there are people at the shows who want to hear CD songs. I consider them GNR songs too like a lot of people on this forum. 

I'm not saying there aren't ANY people who want to hear CD songs, I'm just saying the vast majority of people who purchase a ticket with hard earned money don't want to hear axl's solo songs.  and the band should respect that.   

50 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I just like the fact that Guns N' Roses was once a band with three guitars. It's not entirely a Dj Ashba thing, sure he wasn't exactly the right guy to replace Robin. 

guns was never a three guitar band... they never really replaced izzy...  Gilby toured the uyi records and then they broke up essentially... they didn't play again until April 2016 where fortus was playing izzy's parts instead of gilby.  

axl's solo tours behind CD weren't gnr... no matter what the lawyers and Team Yes may have sold you.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Magnus Cavalerra said:

I hope this song didn't replace TWAT, but replacing borefest TIL. 

Every CD song on rotation in the place of TIL would be very sweet. 

Prostitute outro is mesmerizing. 

I don't get people's aversion to TIL. It was written by Axl during the UYI era, so by going with the twisted logic of some members here, it is more deserving to be on stage.

I like TIL and think Axl performs it consistently well. I would rather Prostitute replace The Seeker.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

I'm not saying there aren't ANY people who want to hear CD songs, I'm just saying the vast majority of people who purchase a ticket with hard earned money don't want to hear axl's solo songs.  and the band should respect that.

It's not that difficult for people to sit through the CD songs if they don't want to hear them. It's like 3 or 4 songs out of a 24 song set. It's a legitimate part of Guns history and the band is right to not drop CD songs from the set

3 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Just like the other fool the other day, you're deluded. I base my comments on what has happened before, comments from current and past members and past employees... you base your rational on nothing but conspiracy and large amounts of misinformation which you pass off as fact... somebody is drinking something, but it isn't the kool aid. 

You're basing your comments on what Axl said (who has zero credibility) and what Richard supposeably.  I've never heard either one say anything about Axl singing whatever Slash or anyone else wanted to play....and that's what you said.  As I said, it's pure speculation....and you have provided zero proof or evidence to support that is a fact, it's pure speculation.

We can keep discussing this all you want, but PM me if that's what you want, I'm done speculating in this thread.

It's not that difficult for people to sit through the CD songs if they don't want to hear them. It's like 3 or 4 songs out of a 24 song set. It's a legitimate part of Guns history and the band is right to not drop CD songs from the set

It's NOT gnr history, it's axl's history solo away from his band mates, but I see your point, and I also think it was a good move/olive branch to axl to play the songs, but it should be TWO SONGS tops and axl should do one of theirs.  If I went to a gnr show and got four or five CD songs I'd be pissed. 

6 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Have you been to show?  Bc in general there are not lots of people enjoying any of the CD songs at a show.  Not there three I've been to at least.

I haven't seen it either aside from the title track.  That one seems to go over well in the 3 slot but the rest of the songs not so much... I actually had a friend that left the last Foxboro show because they were playing too much. That wasn't the only reason.. He gets up at like 4am and it was a Tuesday night an hour away from home. But he did say that they started playing too much CD and that's when he decided to bolt. 

4 hours ago, Lies They Tell said:

Most people are there for the hits. They don't give a rats ass if they play Locomotive or Prostitute, cause they don't know either song.

There are probably 100 times more people on the audience that know songs like Locomotive over prostitute.. atleast.. And that isn't saying that the majority will know Locomotive..

3 hours ago, Silent Jay said:

I like The Seeker, it's one of the rare times when we get to see a glimpse of true Axl. Great vocals, angry, ironic and stuff. But yes, Slither could work during the encore, I think.

They should swap Slither and the Seeker each night.

1 hour ago, Live Like a Suicide said:

I don't get people's aversion to TIL.

For me it is easy.. The song just sucks.. The chorus is kind of catchy.. Probably because it is so repetitive but the rest of the song is beyond terrible.. Boring and awkward...

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

It's NOT gnr history, it's axl's history solo away from his band mates, but I see your point, and I also think it was a good move/olive branch to axl to play the songs, but it should be TWO SONGS tops and axl should do one of theirs.  If I went to a gnr show and got four or five CD songs I'd be pissed. 

Agree to disagree, friend. I feel it's part of the band's history and it should be acknowledged and you feel the opposite way. Nothing wrong with that. Have a nice evening!

• Like 1

4 songs a night is beyond overkill.. Half the shows they play ZERO songs from LIES....  4 is already way too many and I think peopel are getting less patient with that crap because they are putting is much effort in to learning more songs while ignoring classics people would love to hear.

I'd be happy if they put some effort into learning Rocket Queen.. I just watched the one from the other night and it still sounds like a Monkey fucking a football... 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Sunset Gardner said:

4 out of the 7 people in the current line-up play on CD. The songs belong in the setlist, and I'm one of the few who think the more the merrier. I got to see the last performance of Prostitute in 2014 and it was fucking awesome, honestly as far as personal GNR concert moments go it's only topped by Coma from the first Vegas show.

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

There are probably 100 times more people on the audience that know songs like Locomotive over prostitute.. atleast.. And that isn't saying that the majority will know Locomotive..

I doubt it. I'd say there's probably an equal amount of people who know Locomotive as would know any given CD song. But either way, they wouldn't be playing one of those songs for the average joe who only knows the hits, so it doesn't matter very much IMO.

9 hours ago, Italian girl said:

if the do the same setlist, some of you are not happy. if they change something, some of you are not happy.

how boring.

we are happy to have a change-up, but the CD stuff is what 99% of the people are not interested in hearing, this is Axl's way of saying FU to the fans and to Slash

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I doubt it. I'd say there's probably an equal amount of people who know Locomotive as would know any given CD song. But either way, they wouldn't be playing one of those songs for the average joe who only knows the hits, so it doesn't matter very much IMO.

Not a chance in hell.. A lot of people owned Use Your Illusions back in the day.. CD not so much... I went literally knew about 30 friends/family that went to the Foxboro show and I bet not more than 2 knows prostitute or any other song off that album.. I grew up with these people and I know most of them know Locomotive. At very least they would recognize the song if they didn't know the title.. These shows are loaded with people that used to be into Guns N' Roses back in the day. They weren't filling Stadiums during the CD era..

• Like 2