Vinyl LP and Turntable Discussion

RussTCB

On 2019-04-01 at 6:28 PM, RussTCB said:

Saw the LP at the record store the other day but passed on it. I need to stream that and the new Tesla before I commit to buying either. 

That pagea / Crowes set sounds soooo good. 

Yeah, that’s a killer record. Worth it for Oh Well alone! 

Edited by Powderfinger
  • Like 1

RSD items I bought:

Cheap Trick - Epic Archives Vol. 3

Twin Peaks - Season 2 OST

Iggy Pop - Villagers 7"

Mini Turntable with 4 Third Man 3" releases.

Two items i picked up on RSD because Amoeba always freshly stocks the collectible records for that day:

White Stripes - Icky Thump in Mono (Vault 1)

Jane's Addiction - Strays

• Like 2

I have these two beauties on their way! Two of my favorite albums by two of my favorite bands! Even though I already have Feral Roots on pink vinyl, I’m a sucker for color variants and that red looks beautiful lJnaYmU.jpgJkhE3zD.jpg

Edited by Willis1988
  • Like 1

after months of procrastination I finally pulled the trigger on upgrading my amp. I got a Rega Brio + Pro-Ject Vacuum cleaner from MusicDirect. Arriving Thursday!

I only managed to get Weezer Teal on RSD since I decided to sleep in and go in the afternoon. I had to get Weezer Gems and My Chemical Romance online at a few bucks more than retail but still a lot lower than the outrageous prices. still looking for Green Day Woodstock but only at retail price. I'd be interested in The Crow as well if i can find it cheap enough. 

17 hours ago, andrew032302 said:

Anyone in here a part of the Third Man Records Vault. Just joined and got my Sleep records last week. Super pumped for the new Raconteurs album in June too.

Yep, I'm a Vault member as well. Super stoked for the new Racs album too. I flew out to Nashville for the 10th anniversary show that the headlined early this month. It was a blast and all the new songs were great.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2019 at 12:46 PM, RussTCB said:

Picked up the only few RSD items I was interested in:

Anderson East - Alive In Tennessee
Pink Floyd - Saucerful Mono
Elvis Presley - Live / Vegas / 69
The Crow OST

Forgot to post after RSD, but I did manage to get what I was after, after hitting six local record stores, plus a 3" swap meet type thing at one for people to try and trade for the 3"s they were after with other collectors. Never had such a hard time on RSD, and I don't even think I was after anything particularly hard to find:

The Rolling Stones - She's A Rainbow [Live]
Elton John - Live in Moscow 1979
Motörhead - Rockaway Beach 7"
The Pietasters - Willis
The Ramones - Live at the Palladium
The Interrupters - She's Kerosene 3"

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

My latest pick-ups:

Free Nationals - Beauty & Essex 12" single

Anderson .Paak - Bubblin' 7" single

Reignwolf - Hear Me Out

GNR - Live in Biloxi 1992

and I ordered the 'handprint haze' re-pressing of Foxy Shazam's self-titled album. :devilshades:

I keep wanting to get a decent, complete vinyl bootleg from 91-93. I never get around to looking into them though. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I keep wanting to get a decent, complete vinyl bootleg from 91-93. I never get around to looking into them though. 

The Biloxi show is actually incomplete, but it's still cool to listen to, decent recording.

The last 'full show' GNR bootleg I bought was Stockholm 1991 I think, it's 3 LP's and it's an awesome show. It's an audience recording though. Cost me like $60 CDN with shipping ($45~ US), which isn't too bad for a 'rare' 3LP album.

Recently I've seen some new pressings of Rio '91, Argentina '93, and Chile '92 pop up online, but I don't know what the quality is like.

Unfortunately, Fuckface McWanker has had most bootlegs blocked for sale on Discogs. <_<

Edited by Gordon Comstock
  • Like 1

I picked up a fair amount over the last week, a bit of variety to what I normally go for. 

ABBA - Greatest Hits

Chic - Greatest Hits

Chris Rea - On The Beach

Cliff Richard - 40 Golden Greats 

Commodores - Midnight Magic

Multiple David Essex albums (I was never keen on his stuff, unfortunately his music was played a fair bit throughout my childhood, so more for nostalgia than anything else :lol:)

Faces - A Nod is as good as a wink...

Phil Collins - Face Value

Rod Stewart - Sing It Again Rod (I'd heard about this compilation, great artwork, the sleeve is the shape of a whisky glass)

Rod Stewart - A Night on the Town

Rod Stewart - Smiler

Rod Stewart - Atlantic Crossing

I've spent way too much money the last two weeks on vinyl...this is what I've picked up:

Dance Gavin Dance - Acceptance Speech

Explosions in the Sky - The Earth is Not a Cold Dead Place

Weezer - Pinkerton

Weezer - Red Album (yeah yeah, I know)

Nine Inch Nails - Broken (2016 reissue)

Tigers Jaw - Spin

Pearl Jam - Yield (So glad this got repressed! Now to just snag Binaural and No Code one of these days and I'll have all the PJ albums I like.)

Secret Band - LP2

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Nice. :devilshades:

Probably tied for their best album, with All Of a Sudden I Miss Everyone.

I haven't heard a good chunk of their catalog so I'll have to check that one out! I absolutely love Cold Dead Place and anything that's on par with that is good in my book.

• Like 1

Been very slow on the vinyl front for me lately. I did however, come into two records I've wanted for a very long time.

I got Elbow - The Seldom Seen Kid Live At Abbey Road and Silverchair - Young Modern.

The Elbow record arrived already but I won't have a chance to spin it until later this week. I'm hoping the Silverchair record shows up by the end of the week as well. 

Just came back from the record store for the first time in quite a while. Pretty decent haul:

Stereo MCs - Connected (2019 Reissue)
Prince - Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic
Prince - Rave In2 The Joy Fantastic
Kenny Wayne Shepherd Band - The Traveler
Whitney Houston - I'm Your Baby Tonight

Stevie Ray Vaughn - Texas Flood (Mobile Fidelity One Step Pressing, bought this as a gift for a friend)
Don Henley - The End of the Innocence (Bought this as a gift for a different friend)

My Silverchair - Young Modern LP arrived yesterday as I was hoping, so I've got a lot of great new stuff to spin tonight!