Last full album you listened to?

Broskirose

On 2/21/2017 at 6:35 PM, luciusfunk said:

Stereotype Be - Kevin Max

He's remastering this for vinyl this year. Can't wait. 

This is an absolutely fantastic album. No one knows about Kevin Max! I tried to get @Black Sabbath to listen to him but he said he wouldn't. 

I remember waaaay back in the day I made a thread on this forum about him and someone replied and said they were a huge fan and I was shocked at the time... maybe it was you?!

I haven't really enjoyed some of his new music I've heard -- I think he's suffering from lack of a solid producer and a lower budget, not to mention maybe trying to revert back to more of a contemporary religious sound ("Light Me Up" is sooo bad) -- but his early solo work is amazing. If U2 had released Stereotype Be it would be considered one of their best albums.

Have you heard him cover Freddie Mercury? No one out there has the vocal range of this guy right now!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Estranged Reality said:

This is an absolutely fantastic album. No one knows about Kevin Max! I tried to get @Black Sabbath to listen to him but he said he wouldn't. 

I remember waaaay back in the day I made a thread on this forum about him and someone replied and said they were a huge fan and I was shocked at the time... maybe it was you?!

I haven't really enjoyed some of his new music I've heard -- I think he's suffering from lack of a solid producer and a lower budget, not to mention maybe trying to revert back to more of a contemporary religious sound ("Light Me Up" is sooo bad) -- but his early solo work is amazing. If U2 had released Stereotype Be it would be considered one of their best albums.

Have you heard him cover Freddie Mercury? No one out there has the vocal range of this guy right now!

It probably was me. He’s given up on trying to get back into the Christian scene. He’s tired of them and their hypocrisy. The stuff like “Light Me Up” was most likely left over from when he joined the Christian band Audio Adrenaline. 

He has a new album coming out. He’s released half of it through a Pledge Music campaign. It’s got Andy Rourke of The Smiths on it. 

I love his Save Me cover!

Here’s a preview video he put on YouTube for the first half of the new album AWOL. 

My favorite is The Glory Boys. It’s got a Japan/Duran Duran feel to it. 

Here’s a pic of my signed vinyl. 

sr7VNV4.jpg

Edited by luciusfunk

3 hours ago, luciusfunk said:

It probably was me. He’s given up on trying to get back into the Christian scene. He’s tired of them and their hypocrisy. The stuff like “Light Me Up” was most likely left over from when he joined the Christian band Audio Adrenaline. 

He has a new album coming out. He’s released half of it through a Pledge Music campaign. It’s got Andy Rourke of The Smiths on it. 

I love his Save Me cover!

Here’s a preview video he put on YouTube for the first half of the new album AWOL. 

My favorite is The Glory Boys. It’s got a Japan/Duran Duran feel to it. 

Here’s a pic of my signed vinyl. 

sr7VNV4.jpg

Awesome!

How/when did you meet him?

I want that vinyl...

Black and Blue - The Rolling Stones.  Y'know, I'm pretty much like...I've heard all of their 70s albums now pretty extensively, I don't see where this drop in quality is that everyone talks about, they're still fuckin' brilliant.  This albums sick, really loose and groove heavy and it just sounds like a band really enjoying their playing.  I read reviews from Goats Hell onwards and they're quite cynical about the band and sceptical and most of the criticism alludes to some sort of vague unspoken promise that the band supposedly made that they haven't followed through on, like they were supposed to be messiahs and fuckin' absolve their sins or lead them up to the heavens, so far I don't at all see what the problem is with any album they made, except Satantic Majesties which is admittedly a bit shite, I'm up to Some Girls I've listened to before so I know that ones a belter...so wheres the shit-ness, wheres the drop in quality?  Its Only Rock n Roll is kind of a bit slow to grow on me, the rest are fuckin' brilliant, they went on a run all through the 60s and 70s that, barring SM, is fuckin' fantastic, I'm kinda optimistic to hear what their 80s shit was like now too.

• Like 3