Eddie Trunk: "[a GNR reunion] has been put to motion."

If the Eagles can do it then so can GNR.

Nobody got killed in the break up so anything is possible.

Marc says that he believes the whole feud could be cleared up in a day or so if the two men spoke and explained their positions.

That means that the gross wrongdoings on each side must be pretty minor all told.

Both Axl and Slash have to work so much harder on so many more nights to much smaller crowds with older, damaged bodies to pay the bills and keep their profiles up; that must be tiring as you age. It all would be so much easier if they were doing 2/3 stadium gigs a week and back making U2's kind of money.

With the kind of music Slash is writing now, and the vault Axl is sitting on, if both men agreed to give each others material their best efforts and celebrate their musical differences rather than fight them, we could have a mind-blowing double album to follow.

Fucking dreaming again...damn it!!

Yeah seriously dude, not trying to be an asshole, but it's never gonna happen. Never. Can't you see how crazy and butthurt the ginger is? not in this lifetime. He meant it.

I agree, as I said "I'm fucking dreaming again".

My only hope is that Duff worked on Axl while on tour, maybe Axl even missed his old wingman enough after the tour to change his thinking on the whole thing.

There was talk that Axl has had it with the users, maybe Duff has shown him a new path back to the reunion that he thinks he can handle.

Maybe he's tired of the feud and finally wants peace.

Maybe fucking maybe...

If the Eagles can do it then so can GNR.

Nobody got killed in the break up so anything is possible.

Marc says that he believes the whole feud could be cleared up in a day or so if the two men spoke and explained their positions.

That means that the gross wrongdoings on each side must be pretty minor all told.

Both Axl and Slash have to work so much harder on so many more nights to much smaller crowds with older, damaged bodies to pay the bills and keep their profiles up; that must be tiring as you age. It all would be so much easier if they were doing 2/3 stadium gigs a week and back making U2's kind of money.

With the kind of music Slash is writing now, and the vault Axl is sitting on, if both men agreed to give each others material their best efforts and celebrate their musical differences rather than fight them, we could have a mind-blowing double album to follow.

Fucking dreaming again...damn it!!

Yeah seriously dude, not trying to be an asshole, but it's never gonna happen. Never. Can't you see how crazy and butthurt the ginger is? not in this lifetime. He meant it.

I agree, as I said "I'm fucking dreaming again".

My only hope is that Duff worked on Axl while on tour, maybe Axl even missed his old wingman enough after the tour to change his thinking on the whole thing.

There was talk that Axl has had it with the users, maybe Duff has shown him a new path back to the reunion that he thinks he can handle.

Maybe he's tired of the feud and finally wants peace.

Maybe fucking maybe...

we can dream mate

It's weird to hear Trunk say he has deep sources on this situation, and to get guys like MSL and others to say they've heard similar ideas.

For his part, MSL is saying that he maintains that Slash's chance of being back in GNR is still 0%, and that what Eddie has heard is just the result of industry speculation and probably Team Brazil/Axl consideration of having Duff and maybe Matt back in the band. Seems more likely to me.

• Like 1

He clearly said he heard from some sources that very deep that have been some stuff in motion.

I also said that, but everybody is laughing.....

Where?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?/topic/209057-looks-like-no-gnr-for-some-time/page-3

But here you say that it is a done deal (signed months ago) which is a big leap, but kudos to you if it turns out to be true

On one hand, I think if it didn't happen at the RNR HOF, it probably won't ever happen. On the other hand, Axl's reluctance to release new material and openness to work with Duff/Izzy/Gilby, plus at least publicly squashing animosity with Steven/Sorum makes me think that a reunion could be possible. All the dudes are around 50 and there aren't many years left for them to get back together for a big money pay day. I don't think anyone wants to see GNR as 60/70 year old gray haired dudes struggling to get through songs. Axl's voice was as good this year as it had been in 3 years. His voice comes and goes. Due to his vocal style, he isn't going to be singing into his 60s/70s without changing it dramatically. IF there is ever going to be a reunion, it needs to be within the next 1-3 years at the most.

My ideal situation is to do the reunion and then release all the new material while the GNR name is big in the music media again. If the new songs don't get played live, then oh well. I'd be happy for a reunion. If it came to town I'd most definitely go see it. It isn't something I'm dying to see because I like what Axl/Slash/Duff are doing on their own. I think a reunion would make the fan base stop being such giant cunts to each other. I just want something more than the status quo of the past 10 years to happen.

Edited by Stro

Slash was just asked the question on Aussie TV and his response - "No, there's nothing in motion..." :shrugs:

In all honestly though, it's not about what Slash wants.

It's about Brazilian internet fans have drawn from Eddies Trunks opinion.

Edited by AtariLegend
  • Like 1

Of course anyone involved with old Guns will deny reunion rumors. One being,they never know when Axl will/might change his mind.

And two,it leaves the suspense. Then when the whole world least expects it.BLAM! A reunion happens. : )

Gotta be kidding with Gilby yeah? Fortus is a million miles better, dj won't leave Axl so he's set , can't see tommy leaving unless replacements get more serious with things, bumble, fuck knows.... Duff yes, Matt no, slash no it'll never ever happen

Gotta be kidding with Gilby yeah? Fortus is a million miles better, dj won't leave Axl so he's set , can't see tommy leaving unless replacements get more serious with things, bumble, fuck knows.... Duff yes, Matt no, slash no it'll never ever happen

I think a good arrangement would be to keep Fortus on as the rhythm guitarist on a full time basis and have Izzy write and record and make guest appearances when he feels like it.

But any "reunion" line up which had DJ in it would be hilarious!

to pay the bills

My God, they have millions and millions....

The more money you have, the more money you spend, so the more money you need to maintain your lifestyle ;)

once you make that money it takes more now

"Costs" not "takes".

• Like 1