Slash comments on talking with Axl again - "It was probably way over due. It's very cool."

Slash is NEVER going to be a guest collaborator in Axl's GnR. Like I said earlier if they reunite it will be GUNS N' ROSES not Axl's mish mash of musicians collaborating on his music. Slash won't do that. I think I full reunion with a new album would be way more likley than a Guns N Roses song or album "featuring" Slash as a guest collaborator.

I dunno about that. I don't think any of them particularly want to deal with Steven and they probably don't trust Izzy will commit.

It wouldn't be a case of Slash joining Axl's GNR, seeing as there's not much of a band to speak of anymore. I could see Slash agreeing to it so long as Duff is on board. Something like:

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Dizzy

Chris

Frank

The general public wouldn't care less about Izzy or Steven/Matt not being onboard. I feel bad saying that about Izzy, but it's true.

There is no reason if they reunite to have Frank involved. Matt can do the job and Chris get rid of him. Most useless memeber of GnR ever. In fact he probably made them worse.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Steven / Matt

Izzy / Gilby / Richard

Dizzy(he's that "friend" you can't get rid of)

It's not going to be Axk's band though if they reunite. Slash isn't coming back for that. There's no way. If they reunite it's going to be Guns N Roses. Not Axl's band called Guns N Roses.

Slash is NEVER going to be a guest collaborator in Axl's GnR. Like I said earlier if they reunite it will be GUNS N' ROSES not Axl's mish mash of musicians collaborating on his music. Slash won't do that. I think I full reunion with a new album would be way more likley than a Guns N Roses song or album "featuring" Slash as a guest collaborator.

I dunno about that. I don't think any of them particularly want to deal with Steven and they probably don't trust Izzy will commit.

It wouldn't be a case of Slash joining Axl's GNR, seeing as there's not much of a band to speak of anymore. I could see Slash agreeing to it so long as Duff is on board. Something like:

Axl

Slash

Duff

Fortus

Dizzy

Chris

Frank

The general public wouldn't care less about Izzy or Steven/Matt not being onboard. I feel bad saying that about Izzy, but it's true.

There is no reason if they reunite to have Frank involved. Matt can do the job and Chris get rid of him. Most useless memeber of GnR ever. In fact he probably made them worse.

Axl

Slash

Duff

Steven / Matt

Izzy / Gilby / Richard

Dizzy(he's that "friend" you can't get rid of)

It's not going to be Axk's band though if they reunite. Slash isn't coming back for that. There's no way. If they reunite it's going to be Guns N Roses. Not Axl's band called Guns N Roses.

It depends what the aim is. Is it to do one last tour and make a shit tonne of cash or do they actually want to start the band up again as a creative thing that stands a chance of lasting more than one tour?

If it's the latter, Izzy and Steven are a serious flight risk.

Its interesting that the interviewers question was "I HEARD Axl and you are friends again?"

Where did he hear that from? I dont think it was even a rumor in the press circle. Maybe some Slash mgmt person tipped him off.

It makes sense. Slash answers the question so casually as if he expected him to ask it, as if it was common knowledge. I think it's pretty obvious the guy was tipped off and maybe even told to ask about it. Maybe it's their way of breaking the news slowly little by little.

It depends what the aim is. Is it to do one last tour and make a shit tonne of cash or do they actually want to start the band up again as a creative thing that stands a chance of lasting more than one tour?

Yeah so there's still Matt who most definitely woudn't be a flight risk. There is ZERO need for Frank if they reunite and I can't see it happening with Frank when you have Matt available. I could accept Richard in place if Izzy if Izzy wasn't into it but I'd rather Gilby who again isn't a flight risk. There really is no real need for any current GnR member when you've got the entire Illusion era band available.

Edited by Bono

The legal arrangement would technically be the same as new guns, with Slash etc. being hired. Unless of course you believe Axl will have an epiphany, perform a volte-face and relinquish legal ownership back to Slash and Duff et al. - highly doubtful I feel. Still there is a face saving strategy for all parties. I mean for Axl to reunite would mean him basically admitting that the new band and CD have been a colossal failure. That is quite a climb down for someone with his ego.

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

Its interesting that the interviewers question was "I HEARD Axl and you are friends again?"

Where did he hear that from? I dont think it was even a rumor in the press circle. Maybe some Slash mgmt person tipped him off.

It makes sense. Slash answers the question so casually as if he expected him to ask it, as if it was common knowledge. I think it's pretty obvious the guy was tipped off and maybe even told to ask about it. Maybe it's their way of breaking the news slowly little by little.

Yeah so there's still Matt who most definitely woudn't be a flight risk. There is ZERO need for Frank if they reunite and I can't see it happening with Frank when you have Matt available. I could accept Richard in place if Izzy if Izzy wasn't into it but I'd rather Gilby who again isn't a flight risk. There really is no real need for any current GnR member when you've got the entire Illusion era band available.

I don't care for the likes of Chris or Frank either, but I'm just thinking Slash might agree for them to be a part of it to placate Axl. As Diesel pointed out, a full AFD/UYI lineup reunion would mean a fuck load of pride swallowing on Axl's part.

Edited by Towelie

Maybe hes talking about his relationship with perla?

I don't care for the likes of Chris or Frank either, but I'm just thinking Slash might agree for them to be a part of it to placate Axl. As Diesel pointed out, a full AFD/UYI lineup reunion would mean a fuck load of pride swallowing on Axl's part.

True but then again what pride is left when every fucking guitar player since Slash has quit your band haha. I mean Slash isn't the one in the posiiton of needing to negotiate. I mean if Slash and Duff wanted Matt would they really say nah fuck it lets' reunite with Frank? I can't see it. The only one who seems like he would fit in with a reunion is Richard. Fuck Chris Pitman haha.

The more I think about it, something MUST be going on behind the scenes. Slash is old and ugly enough to know by now that those comments would open a MASSIVE can of worms with regards to reunion talk.

Edited by Towelie

Let's not go crazy, guys.

There is no way in hell that axl will ever admit that his takeover of was the colossal failure it turned out to be.

Chidem failed. NuGNR failed. Not just in a small way, but COLOSSALLY.

Axl will never admit it. Instead, he'll just hide in his mansion while Team Brazil draws up plans to divide up his corpse once he dies.

Also, look at what Slash has become. He's an institution. There's a lot of smart business going on with Slash. Do you really think he'll put a pin in his business and become an employee of Beta and Fernando?

So yeah, it's nice that axl thawed enough to say hi to slash. But in all reality, this is where it will end.

• Like 2

There is no way in hell that axl will ever admit that his takeover of was the colossal failure it turned out to be.

Axl will never admit it. Instead, he'll just hide in his mansion while Team Brazil draws up plans to divide up his corpse once he dies.

Also, look at what Slash has become. He's an institution. There's a lot of smart business going on with Slash. Do you really think he'll put a pin in his business and become an employee of Beta and Fernando?

So yeah, it's nice that axl thawed enough to say hi to slash. But in all reality, this is where it will end.

There's always the chance that Axl just lost interest in the new band. I mean, it's been pretty obvious for a while now that he's just been coasting with the new band. Maybe he actually misses the real deal.

• Like 1

You can only hope. Those GN'R instrumentals were sure better than those crappy songs that had Axl on vocals back in the 80s and 90s, eh?