Terminator Franchise (New film on the way)

RussTCB

5 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

That is perfect. A rehash of the first two films. Might as well get JJ fucking Abrams in there.

What I meant was, the main old cast as part of the story but not being the main characters, the main characters will be new people

Edited by Raykugen

2 hours ago, rocknroll41 said:

That pretty much says it all then. Even Arnold probably didn't like T5, and I recall Emilia Clarke hinting that she herself was also disappointed with it.

I'm paraphrasing but he basically said he thought getting Cameron to back the film screamed desperation and instead of hyping the film probably had the exact opposite effect because it showed the studio was too scared to let it stand on its own. The film itself aside, it's clear that Arnie knew that the marketing campaign was a disaster.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
26 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

I'm excited to fight withim @Uncle Bob when this comes out!

hahahaha
it's been 3 years since Genisys. And i have to say that I don't have the same point of view.
I still consider it better than T3 and Salvation, but the movie had a good idea and they just didn't developed anything about it... The relationship between "Pops" and Sarah could have been developed in some ways like adding some flashbacks that could make you feel some empathy about their relationship, understanding how strong Sarah is, understanding what they have been through. Same for Sarah and Kyle, what a waste, I consider ridiculous how Sarah fell in love with Kyle in T1 but at least there was CHEMISTRY.
The script was just terrible, like they didn't even want to take it serious, with some development, real dramatic scenes, some TENSION (those scenes in T1 and T2 where you just don't know what is going to happen) would have made this a real Terminator movie.
But they just wanted to make a Summer Blockbuster, empty, just a cashgrab movie from people that wanted to take advantage of this license.

I am very hyped for this new movie. James Cameron is producing it, and he talked about how he is looking to doing something totally different than these last 3 sequels over the years, that he has a whole team of people studying stuff about real problem with machines, etc. He is part of the script too. This looks like a "The Force Awakens" treatment, they have the original cast, and they want to make something new by introducing us new characters, and I think it's a good idea. We had enough Sarah and John Connor over the years and a ridiculous amount of recasting.
Hope this will be the real Terminator 3.

A good oportunity to have a new GN'R song too (one can dream)

Edited by Uncle Bob

They need to get back to the strengths of 1 and 2. A Terminator is hunting down John Connor or his mom, right? Who cares about the time or explaining sub plots. I remember seeing the first one and not knowing anything other than this unstoppable killing is coming for Sarah connor but why didn’t really matter. The drive of 3, 4 sort of got diluted by trying to explain to much. Salvation from what I remember was like a war movie? 

They should do it like Bond, just have a new Terminator and remake T1 and 2 over and over. 

• Like 1

Linda Hamilton could have had a HUGE career after T2. She could have played every detective, assassin, soldier, lesbian badass role of the nineteen nineties. 

The fact that she turned her back on superstardom is fascinating to me. She just elected to do marginal work in things nobody would see. Granted, she is a very rich woman after taking Cameron's Titanic money in the divorce (Linda got the Titanic) but before this new Terminator film, you could mostly find her at fan conventions. Fascinating because she always wanted to shed Sarah Connor.

2 hours ago, 31illusions said:

So Excited for this!! I thought Arnold just had heart surgery or something. I don't think he can any action scenes. Either way, I will be there.

He had a valve replaced in the late nineties and I think his latest surgery was just to replace the same valve again. Not sure what the recovery duration is for that sort of thing but considering he’s had it done in the past I wouldn’t think he’ll have any real limitations depending on the production schedule.

On 6/30/2018 at 6:28 AM, DieselDaisy said:

They need to stop making these films - it is that simple. Same with the Aliens also. Just stop. Stop! Finite!

It also would be good if they could eradicate all known copies of 3-5.

Eradicate all copies like they should do with that Indiana Jones movie that doesn’t exist and we don’t mention.

On 30/06/2018 at 6:58 AM, action said:

did she time travel from 1991 or something. she looks not a day over 38.

You must know some pretty old looking 38 year olds then. 

Yeah, she’s in good shape, but she still looks like someone’s grandmother 

• Haha 1