Summer 2016 North American Tour Announcement - 'Not In This Lifetime" - Dates and Venues Announced!

Just an FYI, if Eddie is right about GNR playing the Superdome (New Orleans)...

That's fucking huge. NO ONE "plays" the Superdome nowadays. It's too big. That draw goes to shit like the Superbowl and WrestleMania. As an example, the Superdome has two events scheduled this year -- aside from Saints games: the end of an annual 10K race; and the Essence Festival, which is a three-day thing.

Most bands play the House of Blues or the Smoothie King Arena. Rolling Stones played the Superdome in 1978 and 1981. GNR and Metallica played it in 1992 or whenever it was. US and Green Day played it before the Saints' first game in the Dome after Hurricane Katrina. I don't even think Zeppelin played the Superdome. A little research shows the Allman Brothers and Temptations played it in the 1970s. Not sure how many rock bands aside from those listed above played the Dome as an independent concert. I know very few, if any, have played it recently. It just doesn't happen a lot.

Just saying, if that's true, that's fucking massive.

Edited by 3rd Wheel
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, 3rd Wheel said:

Just an FYI, if Eddie is right about GNR playing the Superdome (New Orleans)...

That's fucking huge. NO ONE "plays" the Superdome nowadays. It's too big. That draw goes to shit like the Superbowl and WrestleMania. As an example, the Superdome has two events scheduled this year -- aside from Saints games: the end of an annual 10K race; and the Essence Festival, which is a three-day thing.

Most bands play the House of Blues or the Smoothie King Arena. Rolling Stones played the Superdome in 1978 and 1981. US and Green Day played it before the Saints' first game in the Dome after Hurricane Katrina. I don't even think Zeppelin played the Superdome. A little research shows the Allman Brothers and Temptations played it in the 1970s. Not sure how many rock bands aside from those listed above played the Dome as an independent concert.

Just saying, if that's true, that's fucking massive.

Super Dome.  Only 1 day though.  I'm hoping the fans want an Eddie Money opening act.   

• Like 3

I realize Cincinnati is close, but these guys just WILL NOT come to Kentucky which is ridiculous. They've been here one time and had something scheduled in 2002, which was cancelled of course within a tentative lineup. A lot of great bands come here and sell out, they need to get some confidence and book a show here.

1 minute ago, downzy said:

Hang tight... 

In a couple of days we'll be announcing how you can win tickets to several shows!!!

By chance IF I win the ticket and want to give it to some other person on this forum, is that possible? 

4 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

By chance IF I win the ticket and want to give it to some other person on this forum, is that possible? 

We're working on a system to ensure that only the person who wins the tickets would be the one using them.

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

We're working on a system to ensure that only the person who wins the tickets would be the one using them.

Thanks, then I won't take part in it as I won't be going to the US shows, I thought if I win then I would give it to you or @ZoSoRose or @emybdc or @tsinindy or @Powerage5, after going to 500 Iron Maiden shows, he deserves to see a reunited GNR. 

Edited by Slash787
  • Like 3

So ... after thinking about this and the Superdome thing a bit more. Something doesn't quite add up -- and I don't mean that in a bad way.

A reunited Axl, Slash and Duff who haven't released music together in 23 years cannot fill the Superdome. Hell, I don't think they could get 2/3rd of it filled.

That's why I'm thinking this -- and I don't find myself important enough to make a new thread, but it's an honest prediction:

They're going to release a single right before this U.S. tour starts. They have to. They NEED new music out there. I get the whole Guns N' Roses history, a lot of fans' nostalgic love for the band, and the mainstream impact of the 1987-1993 run. It can fill up a lot of arenas and whatnot. I don't think it can fill U.S. stadiums anymore, especially in the YouTube age where you can save your money and wait for the video to hit the Internet and get 75 percent of the raw feeling. And I think Axl -- and Slash and Duff -- knows this.

That's why they need a new song, new material out there. People need to BELIEVE this is a true comeback, a true rise back to the top of the music world. Or at least a solid go at it. People, non-hardcore GNR fans, will pay money to see Guns N' Roses come through town if it was more than AFD, Lies and UYI songs. They'll jump on board if this is a hard go at it, with a badass rock single and fresh reason to pay attention.

Then another single after the U.S. tour ends. Then an album in 2017. Oh, and I believe Izzy and Adler are involved. I just have a feeling now. I think this is going to be fucking monstrous. At least, that's what "Superdome" tells me. These guys are shooting for the moon. They need Izzy and Adler in some way involved just to draw in those fringe fans.

That's my prediction: single right before this tour starts; another single between it and the "World tour" and then an album in 2017. I don't often go off the deep end with GNR fanboy-ism, either. This is the first time in a loooooong time. But it makes sense, and they need it to reach the goal they are setting for themselves.

Or ...

It's all a cash grab and they don't care if stadiums sell out or even if they get 50 percent filled. They just want the $300,000 or whatever the cut is for each show and just go through the motions. That's possible, too. I hope not, though. If they want to do this thing (the U.S. tour) right, they need new music out before it starts.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, 3rd Wheel said:

So ... after thinking about this and the Superdome thing a bit more. Something doesn't quite add up -- and I don't mean that in a bad way.

A reunited Axl, Slash and Duff who haven't released music together in 23 years cannot fill the Superdome. Hell, I don't think they could get 2/3rd of it filled.

That's why I'm thinking this -- and I don't find myself important enough to make a new thread, but it's an honest prediction:

They're going to release a single right before this U.S. tour starts. They have to. They NEED new music out there. I get the whole Guns N' Roses history, a lot of fans' nostalgic love for the band, and the mainstream impact of the 1987-1993 run. It can fill up a lot of arenas and whatnot. I don't think it can fill U.S. stadiums anymore, especially in the YouTube age where you can save your money and wait for the video to hit the Internet and get 75 percent of the raw feeling. And I think Axl -- and Slash and Duff -- knows this.

That's why they need a new song, new material out there. People need to BELIEVE this is a true comeback, a true rise back to the top of the music world. Or at least a solid go at it. People, non-hardcore GNR fans, will pay money to see Guns N' Roses come through town if it was more than AFD, Lies and UYI songs. They'll jump on board if this is a hard go at it, with a badass rock single and fresh reason to pay attention.

Then another single after the U.S. tour ends. Then an album in 2017. Oh, and I believe Izzy and Adler are involved. I just have a feeling now. I think this is going to be fucking monstrous. At least, that's what "Superdome" tells me. These guys are shooting for the moon. They need Izzy and Adler in some way involved just to draw in those fringe fans.

That's my prediction: single right before this tour starts; another single between it and the "World tour" and then an album in 2017. I don't often go off the deep end with GNR fanboy-ism, either. This is the first time in a loooooong time. But it makes sense, and they need it to reach the goal they are setting for themselves.

Or ...

It's all a cash grab and they don't care if stadiums sell out or even if they get 50 percent filled. They just want the $300,000 or whatever the cut is for each show and just go through the motions. That's possible, too. I hope not, though. If they want to do this thing (the U.S. tour) right, they need new music out before it starts.

It's great You posted this.... Maybe They will see this N' consider it to release the single or....... that unreleased 2 years UYI footage that I really wanted to see

• Like 1