Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

22 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Were they billed as "the first GnR show of 2016"? I don' remember that? I do remember the date coming out but I think most rightly assumed that this was one of many dates to come out and it was quite likely that other dates would be announced.

To quote the Rock "It doesn't matter" if you see the first gig or the 2nd gig. If you see Slash, Duff, Axl and co together you'll be excited with that alone... the rest is just bragging rights... and really there's not much bragging rights with a gig that holds 20000+ (it's hardly the ritz, or a bowling alley), the only way you get something ultra special is if they play and break up right after, and you're one of the attendees that saw it in person (unlikely).

If I had tickets to Vegas, them playing a gig before would have no affect on my enjoyment of the gig, my thinking would be that they'll just be that little bit tighter when I see them. Definitely wouldn't sell my ticket.

History will be made in April when Guns N’ Roses - featuring the iconic lineup of Axl RoseSlash and Duff McKagan - regroup for the first time in 23 years on the T-Mobile Arena stage. After announcing that they will headline Coachella, the band has now confirmed the very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip, where they will perform a two-night rock spectacular at the brand new T-Mobile Arena. Guns N’ Roses will perform Friday, April 8 and Saturday, April

http://www.axs.com/events/306247/guns-n-roses-tickets

Canters Deli or whatever the music room is called!

When did we last hear from Marc?

Edit: I did a half hearted look on Friday 1st the Fockers are playing? Any detectives know if this something legit. 

Edited by Archtop

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

It was advertised by Axis and the official promos as the "first time together in Las Vegas" or something along those lines.

But that being said, I agree with the rest of your post.  Vegas will be the first full-production show.  Any club gig will be limited in production, etc.

And for anyone that is thinking about selling their ticket.....what if they bring out the "known lineup" at the club gig...Axl, Slash, Duff, Fortus, Frank, Dizzy.....but then bring out Adler and Izzy for the last 5-6 songs in Vegas?  Would you not be banging your head in regret for missing that?

Anything is possible at this point and selling your ticket because of some private club gig prior to the Vegas shows is crazy, imo.

Well, it would still be true then. It will still be their first time together in vegas as the latest version of GnR :P

5 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Half the band will be playing with hollyqood roses and the ither half will be on jimmy kimmel

Which Part of Guns N' Roses?

I guess Part 1 with Axl, Slash, Duff, Izzy and Steven should be on Kimmel

Part 2 with Myles, Tommy, Ashba, Fortus and Frank should be with Hollywood Roses lol

36 minutes ago, Spirit said:

As far as I know this is just a random guy, anyone know who it is?

Not sure. The tweets have really been picking up the last week and it does seem like there's too much smoke not to be a fire..

Im keeping my eyes peeled Friday. If this forum crashes then I'm convinced a gig is happening :P

GUNS N' ROSES is rumored to be playing an intimate warm-up show this coming Friday, April 1. If it happens, the concert will take place at one of the Los Angeles-area clubs where the band first played prior to the release of its iconic debut album, 1987's "Appetite For Destruction". More information is expected to be revealed by Friday morning, at which point a limited number of tickets will go on sale to the general public.

As previously reported, GUNS N' ROSES will embark on a 21-city North American tour to follow the previously announced run of comeback shows. Exact dates and venue details have not yet been announced.

GUNS N' ROSES has six concerts scheduled so far, all in April: two at the Coachella Music And Arts Festival, two in Las Vegas and two in Mexico City.

The exact band lineup has yet to be confirmed beyond singer Axl Rose, guitarist Slash and bassist Duff McKagan, although it is almost certain that keyboardist Dizzy Reed, guitarist Richard Fortus and drummer Frank Ferrer are on board as well.

Original members Izzy Stradlin and Steven Adler didn't appear to be involved in the gigs, but Adler's solo band abruptly canceled a show at the Whiskey A Go Go in Los Angeles on April 1, with the venue tweeting, "Stay tuned for a big announcement! #GunsNRoses." There is now speculation about a guest appearance by Adler with GUNS.

The last show Axl and Slash played together was on July 17, 1993 at River Plate Stadium in Buenos Aires. The latest incarnation of GUNS N' ROSES, which only included Axl from the original lineup, played a residency in Las Vegas in 2014 but has remained silent since.

According to Billboard, the GUNS reunion — which sources say has been in the works for two years — is asking for anywhere from $3 million to $5 million a show.

Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rumor-guns-n-roses-to-play-intimate-los-angeles-club-show-this-friday/#QBh5SVsP02UHlEST.99

I wouldn't be upset or anything if there was a private show, but I would be annoyed, not so much because Vegas was billed as the first show, but because they billed it like that so they could charge an arm and a leg... Seems like they'd just invite people to a rehearsal in wherever they're rehearsing, unless they plan to stream or somehow release a club show. :shrugs:

I think that entire blabber mouth article is just speculation and click bait based on the  Whisky cancelation. No evidence or sources given, and I've never seen them break news before. 

Either way though the sooner we see them the better but Vegas is still the first real show in my eyes haha

Edited by KiernanProud

14 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Good by me. I'd love to see a well oiled machine by the time I see them next Saturday. 

In a related story: Holy FUCK, I'm seeing GNR next Saturday! 

I'm out of likes lol.. But that's the spirit!!!

Im freaking ready. Let's do this. One warmup gig, could care less for video or not then kick some ass for the Vegas folks!!

• Like 1

I for one hope they do do a secret show, so that we might Bask in the Butthurt. While I do understand the frustration, I don't understand why people can't just be happy for others that might be lucky enough to get to attend. If you need to be at the first show so badly, then hop a flight to LA early and follow the rumors like a hawk. If your not willing or able  to do that, then you obviously don't want it bad enough. Control the things that are within your control and stop worrying about things you can't.

To all the predictions of April fools.

I'm not sure what everyone here is used to, but you usually do the prank on the actual day. Not some elaborate scheme starting a week or days before.

That being said, there are no valid sources yet to confirm any show at all.