Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

1 minute ago, Len B'stard said:

Mend their clothes when their fat arses split the seams :lol:

If you look real close you can see a sewing needle and some cotton resting on top of her keyboard. Ready to go at a moments notice.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Towelie said:

If you look real close you can see a sewing needle and some cotton resting on top of her keyboard. Ready to go at a moments notice.

All that budget and they wouldnt even lay out of a Singer Handy-Stitch, sexist bastards :lol:

• Like 1

The sexist jokes aren't really needed..  Nothing wrong with women being in rock bands but the whole second keyboard player is fucking dumb.. There is still as many scab members as originals now.. two keyboardists.. The keep advertising this with an oldschool vibe and it is nothing of tehy sort.. This is Slash and Duff sucking Axl's balls for money.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

The sexist jokes aren't really needed..  Nothing wrong with women being in rock bands but the whole second keyboard player is fucking dumb.. There is still as many scab members as originals now.. two keyboardists.. The keep advertising this with an oldschool vibe and it is nothing of tehy sort.. This is Slash and Duff sucking Axl's balls for money.

Lighten up. It's just a laugh innit?

1 minute ago, Tom-Ass said:

Says who?

_86685955_86685954.jpg

• Like 1

GnR has had plenty of female musicians on board in the past, why are some people getting so upset? 

Tracy & Roberta, Cece Worrall, Anne King and Lisa Maxwell all made great contributions to this band in the UYI era. The extended 'Move to the City' in Tokyo is awesome and shows how versatile the band as a whole were.

Welcome her. Now is a great time to be a GnR fan. Be thankful for what we have, it's awesome, and no yellow raincoats or out of tune Ashba SCOM intros to be seen!!  

46 minutes ago, Changes said:

I have also always felt that, but if they desperately crave a second keyboard player I think a young woman is a better way to go, she is just so obviously not intended to be an additional "real" band member. I'd rather a woman with a completely different style than a seventh or an eight male rocker in his 40s or 50s. That creates a bunch! 

Yeah, maybe they want to draw that distinction. It was one of the many complaints about Pitman.

I think people really want a band feel again, so everyone playing with GNR is viewed in that light.

Edited by Babooshka

Ugh I tried to like her and all but I can't. It's nothing personal. Guns N' Roses is a manband. Always was and I think it should always be. Axl sings shit like "Gonna stick my dick right up her ass" so as we all know, GNR lyrics are pretty sexist sometimes so it's just weird. 

As @Tom-Ass said, nothing wrong with women in rock bands but I don't know if Guns N' Roses needs her or anyone new tbh.

1 minute ago, Nice Boy said:

GnR has had plenty of female musicians on board in the past, why are some people getting so upset? 

Tracy & Roberta, Cece Worrall, Anne King and Lisa Maxwell all made great contributions to this band in the UYI era. The extended 'Move to the City' in Tokyo is awesome and shows how versatile the band as a whole were.

Welcome her. Now is a great time to be a GnR fan. Be thankful for what we have, it's awesome, and no yellow raincoats or out of tune Ashba SCOM intros to be seen!!  

You left out Ashba.

1 minute ago, Bandanaman said:

Ugh I tried to like her and all but I can't. It's nothing personal. Guns N' Roses is a manband. Always was and I think it should always be. Axl sings shit like "Gonna stick my dick right up her ass" so as we all know, GNR lyrics are pretty sexist sometimes so it's just weird. 

As @Tom-Ass said, nothing wrong with women in rock bands but I don't know if Guns N' Roses needs her or anyone new tbh.

There was Tracy and Roberta, plus a few female musicians in the orchestra that they toured with.

Perhaps it's better to see her like that, as an additional musician type thing, rather than a band member. Maybe they were trying to avoid another Pitman situation. :question:

29 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

You're right. That's not how I meant it exactly. I meant specifically regarding the "second keyboardist" position. 

Funnily enough its a lot like a football team, lots of em dont like each other in bands, Ramones, Pistols, Steve Jones gave that very same example, 'its like a football team, just cuz i dont like someone dont mean i dont pass em the ball'

2 minutes ago, Babooshka said:

There was Tracy and Roberta, plus a few female musicians in the orchestra that they toured with.

Perhaps it's better to see her like that, as an additional musician type thing, rather than a band member. Maybe they were trying to avoid another Pitman situation. :question:

See her any way you like but if it is true she has replaced Chris, which her sister claims, then she is a band member of GN'R :)

11 minutes ago, Nice Boy said:

They weren't "members" of the band and they only contributed to a couple songs.. That over bloated part of the tour was only for one year. Thankfully... They got it right in 1993 when they stripped it back to 6 and the shows were amazing.

• Like 1