08/05/16 - Houston, TX - NRG Stadium

downzy

It's obvious that the HoustonPress review is biased. The writer almost concedes it himself.

And this is very low:

Overheard In the Crowd: "Axl's great! Who cares if he's racist?"

But it's Axl's fault too, because he has given too much credit to reviewers like this guy.

• Like 1

I haven't seen any videos other than PC...I gotta wait till I get home, but I know this forum is filled with some of the most critical and highest expectation based people of any band. 

So when you guys say it's great, it must have been incredible! Excited to watch all the videos. Any recommendations on which are the best so quality so far? 

2 hours ago, Reclamation Project said:

Anything short of holding hands on stage between songs = Slash and Axl aren't getting along. 

Tickling and spreading arms wide open at the sight of the other or laughing together is obviously not enough. They should probably fuck... Seriously I have no idea how exactly things are between them or what the dynamics is but based on what we've seen so far, there is absolutely nothing that would justify the conclusion that they don't get along, absolutely nothing.  So why the fuck write it? Probably because some asshole decided long ago this was a cash grab tour and they will never admit they were wrong. Pathetic.

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

I haven't seen any videos other than PC...I gotta wait till I get home, but I know this forum is filled with some of the most critical and highest expectation based people of any band. 

So when you guys say it's great, it must have been incredible! Excited to watch all the videos. Any recommendations on which are the best so quality so far? 

These 2 fellas

• Like 1

Screw these lilly assed show reviews, with their underhanded and backhanded comments thrown in. All I have to say is consider the source. GNR, or any band for that matter, makes its living creating art and touching the souls of its fans. Meanwhile these press critics are paid to sit at laptops and suck the life out of other people's accomplishments. It's a school bully's dream future profession. 

In the words of Morrie...of Morrie's Wigs (that Don't come off)..

"Fuck 'em! Fuck 'em in the ear! What are you talking about? Fuck 'em in the other ear, that son of a bitch!"

Edited by Tiffani
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

What did Dizzy do to save the song? I've watched all 3 angles and still can't tell what the fuck was going on. The bad notes still come back at the end. It doesn't really look like Dizzy's arms were moving like it was him playing them. But Axl thought it was him. Then the Axl comment "I don't mind ghosts & goblins, but I wish they'd learn the fuckin song".  Any idea what was going on back there?

The more I see, the less I'm even sure about that.  From my section, it just looked like Dizzy playing it.

But as obnoxiously pretentious as "November Rain" is, you have to give Axl credit for rolling with the flow when the audio on his piano cut out. 25 years ago, he would have thrown the bench into the crowd and (probably) called us assholes. Last night, he only briefly halted the song before continuing with the muted keyboard. Lets hear it for maturity.

LOL:P

My friend who bought my 6th row ticket told me the Houston gig was incredible.

My buddy has never seen GNR before and he was completely blown away.

While I am disappointed that I was unable to attend due to personal issues, I am glad that my friend was able to fill my seat!

I was so pleased that Guns N' Roses rocked my Austin based friend to his core!

The big question is, does a high quality lossless audio recording of the Houston show exist?

I offered to tape this show in exchange for a ride.  

However, no one was interested in helping me out.... :lol:

11 hours ago, Jeez said:

Seriously though, where did that piano sounds come from? When Axl stops NV you can see Dizzy is raising both his hands to show he is not touching anything, and the klinkj-klonk sound is still playing. Axl isn't touching anything either lol. Melissa?

Could it be an animal in one of the pianos?   Totally not kidding here.

Watched the whole show now. Totally blown away by Axl, holy shit. This show is significant better than anything so far from him in 2016 with GNR. He is absolutely killing it in Houston. Don`t Cry, PC, RQ, his old voice is there on all of those. Truly amazing, if warming up on the road allows him somehow to sustain this kind of form, this will get even better, on a whole new level.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiffani said:

Screw these lilly assed show reviews, with their underhanded and backhanded comments thrown in. All I have to say is consider the source. GNR, or any band for that matter, makes its living creating art and touching the souls of its fans. Meanwhile these press critics are paid to sit at laptops and suck the life out of other people's accomplishments. It's a school bully's dream future profession. 

In the words of Morrie...of Morrie's Wigs (that Don't come off)..

"Fuck 'em! Fuck 'em in the ear! What are you talking about? Fuck 'em in the other ear, that son of a bitch!"

I've seen a lot of very very positive comments on the college football forums I visit. Casual fans attending the shows seem to be very happy with what they're seeing, regardless of how the media reviews the tour. 

36 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

I've seen a lot of very very positive comments on the college football forums I visit. Casual fans attending the shows seem to be very happy with what they're seeing, regardless of how the media reviews the tour. 

Definitely. I was there and everyone I saw was rocking their asses off. However these critics attend with the intent of finding imperfections. If you look for faults you'll always find them.

Edited by Tiffani
  • Like 2

I thought the show was fantastic.  There's nothing like hearing a stadium crowd go completely nuts for songs they love.  

I would've gladly traded most of the covers (LALD & KOHD not withstanding) with any other GN'R song.  The "Wish You Were Here" & "Layla" bits were the weirdest to me . . . I guess I don't get why a classic rock band needs to play classic rock covers when most of their own songs are pretty, um . . . classic.  Why not do "Mama Kin" or "Nice Boys"? 

As for reviewers . . . Axl & co have a looooong history of being thin-skinned with the press, so many reviewers take any shot they can.  I don't see how anyone who loves or even just likes GN'R could walk away from that show not being blown away.  Even if you see bands all the time and work in the biz yada yada . . . there's something so innately special about seeing this band filling stadiums with a lineup nobody thought would ever play again, and they happen to be kicking ass! 

• Like 1