Tour Lithographs and show specific artwork

21 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I was hoping it'd be an old garage with a GNR airplane flying above it :lol: (in reference to the '02 no-show).

edit: more of a reference to Victoria and BC art in general but something with an Emily Carr kind of style would be awesome.

I'm hoping McBob calls that out in the intro ...:lol:

41 minutes ago, Captain SK said:

Actually I kind of disagree as far as the Regina poster goes. "Pile of Bones" was a long used term that's dissappeared as Regina has grown since I was a kid. I instantly recognized it's significance and thought that aspect was quite neat. The Regina poster had much more real history behind it them the other Canadian posters thus far.

Yeah but you do know that most people on the planet are completely unaware that a place called Regina Canada even exists, and for the ones that DO know about it, it's just a dumb vagina joke, right?

Agreed. Being from Regina I thought the poster was cool. They went with a theme I totally didn't expect which I appreciated the rest of planet earth aside.😂

37 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

Yeah but you do know that most people on the planet are completely unaware that a place called Regina Canada even exists, and for the ones that DO know about it, it's just a dumb vagina joke, right?

2 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Wow.

I wish I could say "oh yeah, I knew it as soon as I saw it that Buhler was back and that poster is an instant classic."

But I have to admit, it didn't impress me at all. 

I haven't been impressed with a poster since Europe.  I admit to knowing nothing about the histories/cultures of the various regions of Canada though.  If I were in charge of posters I'd be consulting with locals about what the posters could possibly represent.

I was equally unimpressed with the American leg though.  Here's hoping it picks up by the last leg.

Actually I kind of disagree as far as the Regina poster goes. "Pile of Bones" was a long used term that's dissappeared as Regina has grown since I was a kid. I instantly recognized it's significance and thought that aspect was quite neat. The Regina poster had much more real history behind it them the other Canadian posters thus far.

1 minute ago, Captain SK said:

I ended up with an extra Regina litho as I bought an extra for a family member that passed on it.  I don't want to sell it. I would rather trade it for another cool litho. Anyone interested? Send me a message and cheers all!

Awesome! I grew up in regina (as you may recall). Would be interested. Message me on Facebook, my messages on here aren't seeming to let me login and open them. 

1 minute ago, goneshootin said:

Awesome! I grew up in regina (as you may recall). Would be interested. Message me on Facebook, my messages on here aren't seeming to let me login and open them. 

Ahhhhh man. I totally didn't think of you. Totally forgot. Will do. Cheers. Message on the way. Take care.

2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Has any member here purchased a litho from the eBay seller Warpig? The guy selling unumbered lithos.

They can't be real in any way. the amount that he's sold and frequency in which he gets more lithos, from 2016 may I add, doesn't add up. Especially with how limited and rare some of the designs are.

Hey guys,

Sorry have been looking through the thread - can anyone confirm the following for me please?

- Dimensions of the European lithos?

- Does it vary by country-to-country or are they all standard size?

- If they do vary, can you confirm the London 1+2 sizes please? 

Thanks! :D 

18 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

They can't be real in any way. the amount that he's sold and frequency in which he gets more lithos, from 2016 may I add, doesn't add up. Especially with how limited and rare some of the designs are.

No doubt he is selling copies and has made thousands off of them so far.

15 hours ago, estrangedtwat said:

Wow.

I wish I could say "oh yeah, I knew it as soon as I saw it that Buhler was back and that poster is an instant classic."

But I have to admit, it didn't impress me at all. 

I actually had a doubt on the Winnipeg one, as it reminded me of the one he did for the Rolling Stones in Dallas, looks like I was one gig ahead! ^^

1 hour ago, CAFC Nick said:

Hey guys,

Sorry have been looking through the thread - can anyone confirm the following for me please?

- Dimensions of the European lithos?

- Does it vary by country-to-country or are they all standard size?

- If they do vary, can you confirm the London 1+2 sizes please? 

Thanks! :D 

European lithos are 17.5" x 23" (440mm x 584mm)

The only exceptions are: Vienna (slightly narrower) and Paris (slightly smaller)

London 1 and London 2 are both 440mm x 584mm

On 8/25/2017 at 3:39 AM, papalaz said:

I have Paris (67/100) and London 1 (62/150) lithographs which I'm looking to trade.  PM.

Hey buddy,

I know some features on here haven't been working, did you happen to get my message I sent?

Also, anyone looking to trade a a Winnipeg please let me know. I'd probably trade my extra Cincinatti for it.

On ‎26‎/‎08‎/‎2017 at 4:08 AM, amaninjapan said:

Guys... guys. We were overthinking it and looking it it from completely the wrong light.

Winnipeg litho is based on this image from the Manitoba Department of Mines and Natural Resources from almost a hundred years ago.

lxu0QDT.jpg

DIA47pcUMAAaMkh.jpg

I thought I KINDA recognized the art style and sure enough, after being pointed in the right direction, it turns out it's a style that is synonymous with a very famous poster artist by the name of Tom Purvis. I recognized the artwork but never knew the artist's name until now. If you've ever seen old British propaganda posters (which Purvis did a few of) or the classic series of vintage London Rail posters, you would probably recognize the style. But if you're like me, you'd have no idea about the name of the artist. Well, now I know. I can't confirm whether the original Manitoba artwork is by Tom Purvis but it is at least done to imitate his style. Some of his famous rail posters:

DuaAEuC.jpg

4AieJV9.jpg

Thank you for that!  Great sleuthing!