GNR Women's Discussion - Part 2

alfierose

39 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Btw what the fuck is Dammit wear? Some lame self titled merch like Ashba Swag? 

:lol:

Todd Dammit Kerns is slash s bassist. He is pretty cool and I like his voice much more than this awful Myles Kennedy voice. 

3 years of SMKC sounds terrible. I dont like AC/DC but I like Axl/Dc so if there would be an Axl/Dc album I would buy that and go and watch them. I just hope they are not that STUPID to let GNR die and concentrate on their side projects for so long as Mrs Kerns does make us believe. 

I am gonna write a banner for the european shows to let them know that we want GNR more than anything else they do musicallywise.

:cry:

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I have a terrible feeling about the Euro shows too. Fucking awful. 

TB are still smiling whilst the house burns down around them.

Duff flew away yesterday with all his family......

And where the fuck is Axl? 

I need to go..I'm so upset

Edited by Georgina Arriaga
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, Georgina Arriaga said:

If Axl goes with AC/DC that is at least 2 fucking years......is not a mere side project.....sigh. frustrating...again why I didn't choose Coldplay?

cause Coldplay sucks ;-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, money honey said:

@killuridols Please explain. I'm consumed with the need to know! :wow:

LOL :lol:

I think I messed up a bit..... In 1996, Erin was pregnant of her son Eason (father Jack Portman) and so was Stephanie, of her third son Harry (father Peter Brant) :ph34r:

But now I dont remember why I brought this up :facepalm:

As Fernando says 2018 s gonna be huge it should be like this. SMKC announces album for autumn. Axl/Dc announce album 2018 as well and at some point when no one expects it -this year however -  GNR presents a new album.

this - and only this - would be a great 2018. everything "great" without new GNR release would be bullshitting by TB.

chances of 3 albums in 2018 ???:headbang::facepalm:

:headbang::facepalm::shrugs:

• Confused 1

WHAT IF this situation is the result of something that happened recently, something we don't know yet? :ph34r:

What if Slash called it quits in the middle of conversations for a new album because he didn't like something or didn't want to do something?

Since the European shows are already planned and sold, they cannot cancel all of that, but what if Slash & Duff contracts were planned  to really end with the tour and that was all they reunited for? :shrugs:

Why are we disappointed about it? They never promised an album. They never said they would get back together forever. It was always promoted as a semi-reunion TOUR, not regrouping to continue being the band they were or whatever fantasies we created in our minds?

I think we are wrong to be upset. Not that I dont understand the feeling. But we grew hope based on nothing, really, just on wishful thinking, nostalgy of the past. Not facts.

I am very happy to have gotten more than I expected, ie seeing Axl, Sladsh and Duff together in shows that I absolutely loved. And they do as they please of course. If Slash wants Myles, fair enough, if Axl wants Angus, okay. Although I fin f that vastly inferior to having Slash and Axl together.

However... When I saw Slash, he played half of AFD. I guess 1/3 of his setlist were GNR songs. GNR will always be his big thing. Everything else will always attract less attention. He accepts that and embraces that by playing so many GNR songs. Then why, oh, why, would he ever want to spend three years with Myles? I still think he'd jump at the idea of making a GNR record again.

I think it's very possible that something happened and they changed plans again. We've heard of so many great plans that didn't materialize in the past, or near-failures. If I'd have to guess, I think Axl is the one blocking it though. I simply can't imagine Slash saying no to any new music with GNR. I mean, he's recorded songs with so many artists before, he loves writing and recording. It doesn't make sense to me that he'd say no to a GNR record.

I never expected new music and knew this was a way for A/S/D to fill their bank accounts so that they could spend their remaining years doing what they want without the pressures of making money. It's been obvious all along. This is the way it was always going to be. I mean, hope is good and all but the writing has always been on the wall. If they considered themselves to be a real, working band again, who were inspired by each other creatively they would have been  screaming it from the rooftops. If you don't have anything nice to say...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

I agree. I'm aware they've never promised an album or another tour. But I think that people are pissed off at their lack of communication with fans and the big mouthed statements from their management. If they had got things straight 2 years ago we would be ok with it now. But they have been playing their stupid game with us since the beginning of the reunion. They acted as if they had huge future plans but nothing has happened so far. GNR fans are already bored and upset with "a huge announcement...get ready...don't forget to set your clock...this is just the beginning..." Like last year when they got hyped the whole GNR world up just to announce US arena dates. :facepalm:

The problem is that we have no idea what to expect. We all thought the NITL tour would end in November last year but then they announced European leg which made us hope for new music or their further collaboration. 

The most dysfunctional band in the world makes us the most dysfunctional fans ever.

Výsledek obrázku pro rosa the pig angry

But, Princess, most fans who attend shows they do not follow TB on their social media. Most fans who attend shows do not have a clue who the GN'R management is! :facepalm:

Most fans who fill this band's pockets with money are not expecting a new album.

It is only us, the die-hards, the idiots who love them since the 80's or 90's and can't let them go :unsure:

And all those things like "huge annoucement", "2018 gonna be big", "dont forget to set your clock", etc. are just marketing strategies!
It is copy for the social media posts, just like Nike or Coca-Cola or Apple do it the same... :shrugs:

We fans are fool enough or fantasize too much and add extra meaning to those publicitary lines, but they don't mean what we think they mean, they are hype because yeah, they have to promote and sell the tickets. That's what it is about....... selling the shows, nothing more, nothing less.

I am sorry :cry:

Get what you can get and don`t expect anyone to fulfill your expectations, otherwise you are building castles in the air of few sentences by band managers.

Que sera sera. I`m a fan of one of the most unpredictable bands in the world - and I like it.  

Sincerely, vixen.  

Don’t want to derail the thread but my hubby and I were just talking about GNR and watching old videos on YouTube of bands we like, and we ended up watching a live video of Motley Crue from not that long ago - holy shit balls what happened to vince Neil :wow: and people have the cheek to say shit about what Axl is looking like these days!

I love this picture Meegan posted of Slash, he looks great

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

What about Vince Neil? @Wheredowegomeow he cannot be doing worse than Tommy Lee right now. That guys life is a mess! :facepalm:

I can’t believe what he looks like - 

Doesn’t even look like the same bloke! Couldn’t seem to find more recent photos on insta but I’ve seen worse ones than this out there 

oh god yeah I read the stuff about Tommy Lee and his son recently, what a mess!

Edited by Wheredowegomeow
  • Haha 1

How many time do these guys go on vacation? :question:

They are always on vacations!!

The McKagans already took holidays after the tour ended in November. Later went to Tulum for the wedding and now they are gone again?

2 minutes ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

Doesn’t even look like the same bloke! Couldn’t seem to find more recent photos on insta

Axl doesn't look like himself either.

12 minutes ago, Wheredowegomeow said:

I can’t believe what he looks like - 

Doesn’t even look like the same bloke! Couldn’t seem to find more recent photos on insta but I’ve seen worse ones than this out there 

oh god yeah I read the stuff about Tommy Lee and his son recently, what a mess!

I saw Motley Crue at Download in 2009, they were a shambles, I stood waiting for ten minutes for them to play a song and they didn't do anything but walk around the stage arguing so I went :lol:

On March 22, 2018 at 4:27 PM, Padme said:

Let me put it this way. Why is Axl interested in making an album with Angus but not with Slash? I really don't think Angus is going on tour without a new album. We still don't have confirmation regading Axl/DC but there are strong rumors

Am I speaking hopefully by saying that;

Angus is older than the boys of GnR, & the reason Axl is doing the album/tour is because it will be the very last chance for ACDC.

GnR have a few extra years to possibly cut another album & tour, so Axl may just be prioritizing by age which project he should tackle first.

8 minutes ago, Mararoyce said:

Am I speaking hopefully by saying that;

Angus is older than the boys of GnR, & the reason Axl is doing the album/tour is because it will be the very last chance for ACDC.

GnR have a few extra years to possibly cut another album & tour, so Axl may just be prioritizing by age which project he should tackle first.

But the GNR guys aren't exactly spring chickens anymore either. And with the damage they've done to their bodies we can't expect them to be around forever.

If that's really what they're thinking, I think it's a mistake. They're very lucky that all 5 are still alive. If an album was going to happen, now might be their last chance. :unsure:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lio said:

I think it's very possible that something happened and they changed plans again. We've heard of so many great plans that didn't materialize in the past, or near-failures. If I'd have to guess, I think Axl is the one blocking it though. I simply can't imagine Slash saying no to any new music with GNR. I mean, he's recorded songs with so many artists before, he loves writing and recording. It doesn't make sense to me that he'd say no to a GNR record.

I'm not so sure that Slash would be eager to make new music with GnR. Although he had been more open to the prospect of a reunion when the topic came up in his pre-threeunion interviews, he always talked about it in terms of playing live "for the fans"; he never expressed a desire to get in the studio with Axl again or referred to it as a possibility.

Moreover, Slash is now used to working in the studio in a certain way: writing the music by himself and then giving it to Myles to write lyrics and lay vocals; also calling the shots and deciding the sound, the production, the timeline etc. Maybe he would do new music with GnR if it could be done this way. But Axl doesn't work like that (he'll do it only with AC/DC because it's not his band) and he knows it. Would he be willing to go out of his ways and put himself in the process of working with Axl again?

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Zoot said:

if that's really what they're thinking, I think it's a mistake. They're very lucky that all 5 are still alive. If an album was going to happen, now might be their last chance. :unsure:

So true. Considering all the crazy stuff they've done, statistically at least half should be dead. They, and in turn us fans, are so lucky that is not the case. 

• Like 1