If guns had reunited in 2006 where would they be now?

I think they'd've broken up or splintered again.  They didnt reunite because the individuals were not ready.  And thats my thought whether we're talking actual reunion or three union.  Substances were still a struggle for many of them.  Axl still had some outbursts.  Im reminded about the public acrimony happening among VR members around then too.

Oh, and how could I forget: Axl was pissed at Izzy for how they split the loot for his appearances!!

Edited by soon
  • Like 3

Had they fought to keep it as a functional band I believe they'd be like Aerosmith, playing arenas and occasional stadiums.

In ten years they could've released at least three albums of original work, a live album or two, some of the vault stuff like the UYI documentary, anniversary boxes with outtakes, live videos from the corresponding period and etc. Had they released an album in 2007, they could've put a 10 years anniversary version of that album out now.

Its insane to think what they could've achieved had they reunited in 2006 and fought hard to keep the band alive.

Demand might've gotten a little lower by now, but I dont believe it'd get to the point NuGNR was in terms of popularity and attendence, I believe they'd stick to arenas.

Edited by default_

I think it would've been more successful than it is now. Cd would've been better excepted by the public if slash was on it. I think after all the money they would've made, we would've got an excellent album post Cd and it would've been huge. Like someone else said, probably like Aerosmith. Aerosmith had their most success in the mid to late 90's while they were all close to 50. Guns was around that same age in 06'. Remember the mash up of slither with if the world vocals? 

5 hours ago, RussTCB said:

One more album past Chinese is my guess.

See, I would guess that we'd likely have zero albums had they, for whatever reason, reunited in '06. Chinese likely wouldn't have dropped the way we know it, and then you get into the politics of song credits and the endless bullshit reasons why we likely won't see an album from the current lineup. 

The band would probably consist of Axl, Slash, Robin, Fortus, Matt, Chris, Dizzy, and Duff instead of the lineup we have now. Robin was still a happy member of GnR at that point, and Brain was borderline leaving. Chinese Democracy would probably still come out around 2008, and then who knows... Before the release of Chinese Democracy Axl had a lot of faith in the new band. I think he lost it around 2011 or so. So I think any reunion before then would've been short lived as Axl wouldn't have realized how essential Slash (and to a lesser extent, Duff) were to GnR. Also, at the time Slash and Duff still had Velvet Revolver to turn to.

I'll be honest, I would love to see what Robin and Slash would come up with together.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liers said:

The band would probably consist of Axl, Slash, Robin, Fortus, Matt, Chris, Dizzy, and Duff instead of the lineup we have now.

A two-drummer line-up would've been great. 

1 hour ago, liers said:

I'll be honest, I would love to see what Robin and Slash would come up with together.

Totally. Robin is also a very good songwriter