Can we live in a world were both Izzy and Richard get the respect they deserve?

4 hours ago, Sosso said:

Buckethead has a lot of feel in his guitar playing

I agree 100% and it's a cliche phrase alot of unaware people like to throw around "those shredders have no feel, blah blah blah". Bucket and alot of others get that same label and it's just not true on many levels. 

From my vantage point alot of people that make that claim come from a classic rock purist background, the Clapton school of rock?? But it's 2018 and things move fwd... 

I think his song "I love my parents" is my quintessential argument against that and IMHO it hits harder in my chest then any of the"old school" purist players. But this happens to be a subjective argument, how "emotional" a song or music can be. Unlike technique which is not subjective.

Edited by Order of Nine
Spelling

5 hours ago, Order of Nine said:

And that's what I stated in my original post here, he has yet to prove that. That's for the next release to be judged upon. 

next release? until they release shit who gives a hoot - the guy got paid off in a shrewd way - now what they've done to him is way more offensive than the original 90s break up 

nobody with a backbone agrees to things with an agenda 

in some ways adlers book is the best because of his description of the royalty division - pure selfishness something even jim morrison didn't stoop to

Edited by double talkin jive mfkr

6 hours ago, bucketfoot said:

He's a session/touring musician, no more, no less. There's nothing wrong with that, he plays the songs well, is a nice guy and doesn't rock the boat. I wouldn't expect him to have many, if any, writing credits on a potential new album.

LOL

Richard will have more writing credits than Izzy ever did. 

1 hour ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

LOL

Richard will have more writing credits than Izzy ever did. 

As a session player on whatever he was rented out to play on. 

He is obviously a better guitarist than Izzy on a technical level, but he is NOT a rhythm guitarist. He is a lead player and his style does not fit with Slash as well as Izzy's. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Fortus is not in your preferred lineup of GNR, but its still GNR.  

Fortus has never been in ANY lineup of GNR.

It's not because you're a hired musician and play guitar on stage (or as a session musician in the studio) that you're IN the band.

Bobby Bandiera is NOT in Bon Jovi.

Fortus is NOT in GNR.

Why are we still discussing these facts ? :facepalm:

11 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

next release? until they release shit who gives a hoot - the guy got paid off in a shrewd way - now what they've done to him is way more offensive than the original 90s break up 

nobody with a backbone agrees to things with an agenda 

in some ways adlers book is the best because of his description of the royalty division - pure selfishness something even jim morrison didn't stoop to

Well, that's honestly why I came here. To get some laughs when they do release a CD. Not to many here can read between the lines and think the band is toast.

4 hours ago, Nikki_Sixx said:

Fortus has never been in ANY lineup of GNR.

It's not because you're a hired musician and play guitar on stage (or as a session musician in the studio) that you're IN the band.

Bobby Bandiera is NOT in Bon Jovi.

Fortus is NOT in GNR.

Why are we still discussing these facts ? :facepalm:

Facts? Dude come on I mean honestly if you cant see how this makes you seem very petty then all is lost for you

4 hours ago, Sunset Boulevard said:

Are Izzy's fans JEALOUS of Fortus because he took the spot of their idol in Guns N' Roses? :lol:

Let's be clear : Richard Fortus is a band member of Guns N' Roses and knows how to write a great song maybe even better than Izzy!

Your delusional shit is getting sooo tiring.

Richard Fortus was playing that awful shit for his family and 20 other people, now he was hired to play Izzy Stradlin songs at full stadiums. You can cry or make up all the shit you want but the truth is, there are millions of people who love Izzy's songs (YCBM, Patience, Don't Cry and many more) and there's one person (who's sanity is at least questionable) who gives a shit about Pale Divine. Blame it on the world for being unfair or whatever you want but Izzy fn' Stradlin doesn't have to play for N'Sync or Rihanna to make a living because he wrote some of the most timeless Rn'R songs of all time.

• GNFNR 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

Richard Fortus was playing that awful shit for his family and 20 other people, now he was hired to play Izzy Stradlin songs at full stadiums. You can cry or make up all the shit you want but the truth is, there are millions of people who love Izzy's songs (YCBM, Patience, Don't Cry and many more) and there's one person (who's sanity is at least questionable) who gives a shit about Pale Divine. Blame it on the world for being unfair or whatever you want but Izzy fn' Stradlin doesn't have to play for N'Sync or Rihanna to make a living because he wrote some of the most timeless Rn'R songs of all time.

Come back to the WT, we miss you.:bitchfight:

giphy.gif

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BorderlineCrazy said:

I think you will find Izzy even played in front of friends or family with a band called Hollywood and in fact GNR in its early days played small venues in front of small numbers attending. Even Izzy had to start so were or do you think he picked up a guitar annd become Izzy the guys in GNR?.

What Izzy did in the past, his influance and as a song writer is now past history. 

Like any form of history you can look back and relive that past. I do when I listen to appetite or lies albums.

But Izzy is not currently in the band playing guitar.

That should not lead us as fans to denigrate a current member of the band.

Each have thier own skills and contributed to the past and present.

I can understand why Richard is highly thought of as a guitar player and I appreciate as a fan his passion for playing and being in GNR. Richard explains in this rig rundown (from the 35min mark) the unquie partnership and styles he and Slash have to work on when playing live. 

Given GNR is playing tours these days you can understand why Richards skill sets as a touring guitarist works for GNR.

• Like 1

At the end of the day, we can all refer to when Slash tried to recruit Richard as a band member, or as Richard playfully quoted, "steal" him from Axl. Having read some of the posts in the thread about this, I recall many people wanting to see Slash & Richard Fortus playing together. Now they are playing together, which should be recognised as icing on the cake to the Gn'R reunion with Axl, Slash & Duff, as unlike '94-'96 Slash is playing guitar with someone he greatly appreciates.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, WhazUp said:

Facts? Dude come on I mean honestly if you cant see how this makes you seem very petty then all is lost for you

All wast lost for GNR around 1996 ...  If anything is petty, it's what they've been calling 'GNR' since then ...

As for me, all is not lost for me, I still have and always will have the memories and the recordings of the real deal ...

3 hours ago, tremolo said:

Damn, just watching that makes me want to have a few hours convo with Richard about guitars, effects and gear in general.

What a cool dude too, showing his own setup himself and taking the time to explain the whole thing.

Yeah I really like his passion and enthusiasm!  He seems like a super chill dude

• Like 1

On 18/01/2018 at 11:54 PM, bucketfoot said:

I wouldn't be too hopeful of that judging by his previous. Harsh as it sounds there's nothing to suggest he has a top notch song in him, nothing whatsoever.

So this guy has to write a song that equals 20/30 yr old fan favourite classics, that may or may not have have introduced said fan to the band to prove himself...😬

I mean, yeah the likelihood of Richard doing that is slim to none. it is a similar situation for Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy.  I'm yet to see any band 30 years on write a record with songs as good as their classic works, and even if they did I definitely haven't seen it being embraced ln any way as if it was equal to past classic material.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

So this guy has to write a song that equals 20/30 yr old fan favourite classics, that may or may not have have introduced said fan to the band to prove himself...😬

I mean, yeah the likelihood of Richard doing that is slim to none. it is a similar situation for Axl, Slash, Duff and Izzy.  I'm yet to see any band 30 years on write a record with songs as good as their classic works, and even if they did I definitely haven't seen it being embraced ln any way as if it was equal to past classic material.

Some of the later albums from Motörhead were as good as their classic albums. Inferno, Kiss of Death and Motörizer for example.

Edited by Sosso