Rumor of a new album???

Yea, it's one thing to do not like Fortus' playstyle, but only guitar noobs don't agree that he's not an excellent player with unique techniques. Waaay above ACDC's 4 chords songs.

I'm not even sure how he didn't go crazy playing G | D | Am for 90 years in a row.

Edited by Duwz
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

8 minutes ago, Duwz said:

Yea, it's one thing to do not like Fortus' playstyle, but only guitar noobs don't agree that he's not an excellent player with unique techniques. Waaay above ACDC's 4 chords songs.

I'm not even sure how he didn't go crazy playing G | Dm | Am for 90 years in a row.

Wouldn't compare him with AC/DC though. Fortus is his own sophisticated guitar style, as for Angus Young well he is Angus Young. Either they make me bang my head with their music.

Just now, Oldest Goat said:

I never said Fortus isn't a capable player. I said what I said because that particular poster I quoted is obsessed with him.

Because obsession isn't a common thing in GNR fanbase. I see.

Just now, GoForJMark said:

Wouldn't compare him with AC/DC though. Fortus is his own sophisticated guitar style, as for Angus Young well he is Angus Young. Either they make me bang my head with their music.

Good point. Simplicity is definitely not a flaw.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Fortus is technically a better player than Slash, Izzy, Angus, Malcolm. 

But those guys are all rock god's. They wrote some of the best riffs, solos, songs, albums in history. 

When somebody picks up a guitar, do you want them to play a rocking song or watch them sweep pick some arpeggios? 

This is an issue that comes up again and again on this forum. Bucket, Bumble and Fortus are great players who barely have a good original song, riff or solo between them. 

Was a good post until including Buckethead. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

But those guys are all rock god's. They wrote some of the best riffs, solos, songs, albums in history. 

When somebody picks up a guitar, do you want them to play a rocking song or watch them sweep pick some arpeggios? 

This is an issue that comes up again and again on this forum. Bucket, Bumble and Fortus are great players who barely have a good original song, riff or solo between them. 

Exactly, you should listen to some Buckethead stuff...he is GREAT. 

I guess his art is not commercially succesfull, but that doesn't mean anything. He is insanely skilled, and his art is so diverse...

I believe he is the only guy whose music lacks a singer, I can listen to hours without getting bored.

Really, give him a try...

I would start here, if I were you...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, GNRfanMILO said:

I'll repeat this shit once again.

- You won't get new songs if Guns N' Roses releases a new album.

- You will get Chinese Democracy II with Slash over it. Songs that are 20-15 years old, with MAYBE 2-3 new songs.

- You will get an album which will have vocals from 20-15 years ago.

- You will get an album which will have lyrics about how the media hates Axl, how everyone hates Axl, how evil Slash is, how evil Stephanie is.

- You will NOT get an album with lyrics expressing Axl's life in the last 2-3 years, the happiest he's been since the Illusions.

I don't want that if you ask me. I want brand new songs, with Axl's 2016-2017 voice, with Axl's 2016-2017 lyrics. I wan't an AXL/DC album...

Lets just say that the whole band minus Axl re-record those songs and Axl agree to leave them in a simple state with a new mix and master.

Lets say GNR pays to the original songwritters to hand off credits to the current band.

You would listen to the stuff, love it or hate it and wouldnt even notice.

2 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

I guess his art is not commercially succesfull, but that doesn't mean anything. He is insanely skilled, and his art is so diverse...

I believe he is the only guy whose music lacks a singer, I can listen to hours without getting bored.

Bucket is definitely not a one trick pony like alot of other guitar icons are.

2 hours ago, Alejandro GNR said:

Bucket is definitely not a one trick pony like alot of other guitar icons are.

And here he is about 25 years ahead of the times when this was released.

58 minutes ago, Hollywood Gunner said:

fortus might have some real skill but theres a reason why dead daisies never took off and ac/dc did.. theres a lot more to rock n roll than just being technically gifted

lol have your ever listened to the Daisies albums Fortus played? Daisies never were about technique, those albuns were straight up bluesy rock n roll records, I cant remember a single pure shred solo on those records.

Fortus may be skilled but he really isnt the guy that keeps shredding and doing crazy stuff like most of them. The guy really has a unique style that comes from something different from where all those shredders come from.

If you pay close attention to NITL, Slash has been shredding waaay more than Fortus.

7 minutes ago, Carmenjello said:

Jesus fucking Christ. Whats wrong with you people? I wanna check this thread for fucking album updates and all i see is some kiddies constantly arguing about who is better than who? Goddamnit..

What album man? There is no album and this is a forum, we are chatting, this is how a conversation goes.

8 minutes ago, Carmenjello said:

Jesus fucking Christ. Whats wrong with you people? I wanna check this thread for fucking album updates and all i see is some kiddies constantly arguing about who is better than who? Goddamnit..

I totally agree! Such irrelevant bullshit at times here. All I can say is New GNR music YES  AXL/DC Fuck NO!! Nothing left to discuss but New LP Rumors!

1 minute ago, default_ said:

What album man? There is no album and this is a forum, we are chatting, this is how a conversation goes.

No, this is how derailing a thread goes. If you wanna discuss fortus vs bucket, then make a thread about it. People come here for updates but see the same old boring discussions

6 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Nailed it.. 

2 hours ago, default_ said:

Buckethead, the guy that has released the same album 250 times.
Those technical guitar players are so fn boring.
I'd trade 1000000 bucketheads and bumblefucks for a Keith everyday.

blublublublublbublubblublubdedededeblbulbulbubbirllbulbubdedededblul next buckethead song.

I bought a Buckethead CD to see what he is about.. It is terrible..

• Haha 1

How bout let's keep this thread about the new album rumor.
Here's the band:
Axl Rose
Slash
Duff "Rose" MfuckingcKagan
Dizzy "If I fall down, I'm alright" Reed
Richard Fortus
Hate to say this but it's probably for the good: Frank Ferrer
and Melissa Reese

Let's not argue about how good Buckethead is. He is fucking amazing probably the best in his genre, but the thread says Rumor of a new album. :bitchfight::smiley-confused2::jerkoff::dance:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6-2-2018 at 5:21 PM, Dangelus said:

Myles has just added dates into the end of May for his solo tour. Presumably, if SMKC is recording, then Myles is out.

Slash is working on something that he’s keeping under his hat. At this point it’s clearly GNR material.

Well, I think back when the whole reunion started one of the Conspirator guys already said an SKMC album was done except for Slash' parts. So I guess they wouldnt need the whole band to complete the album, just Slash. And Myles' agenda isnt that packed that he cant make a few days of studiotime to dot the I's and cross the T's if necessary.

4 hours ago, LovelessNL said:

Well, I think back when the whole reunion started one of the Conspirator guys already said an SKMC album was done except for Slash' parts. So I guess they wouldnt need the whole band to complete the album, just Slash. And Myles' agenda isnt that packed that he cant make a few days of studiotime to dot the I's and cross the T's if necessary.

Seriously.. How big of a tour for a Myles solo album really be?  Myles was ok but I wouldn't even care if Slash tried someone else.. I think Andrew Stockdale would have been better anyway...

• Like 3