Which songs should they add/drop?

14 minutes ago, Top-Hatted One said:

Drop every cover and jam except LALD & Godfather

add Locomotive & Don’t Damn Me

duff - mix So Fine every once in a while 

Add Shacklers & The Blues 

Hmmm i view godfather as a chance for a piss break and a trip to the bar. Slash has played that solo piece even during skmc so i think its time to be dropped. They could add reckless life instead.

This I love was great each and every time they played it as it gave me a chance to go take a piss.

I really think my Michelle and out ta get me should be staples, both are as strong as mr brownstone and its so easy so why not add them permanently?

drop a few covers and add in locomotive and maybe mix it up a little with move to the city or perfect crime.

bring on Tobias as a guest and play sympathy for the devil 😂

• Like 1

I'd love to hear Locomotive, even if it's just a jam with no vocals, kinda like that Paris 1992 soundcheck video. Otherwise, there's like 3 layers of Axl vocals on the chorus, he can just use the lowest voice live. I looove Coma so I'd just replace black hole sun with locomotive. 

I know it's been mentioned before, but switch out the seeker for you're crazy "funky" version...I don't care if axl talks out the whole song, it'd still be +1 gnr song. 

Switch out Better for Pretty tied up, same place in setlist. I don't think pretty tied up would be difficult for axl to sing (he's been doing songs like coma and twat so...), and I think it's the type of song that casuals could get into as well..cool riff, catchy chorus, you're good!

Also, just for some variety, every once in a while switch out one of duff's songs with so fine.

• Like 1

Drop -> Black Hole Sun, The Seeker, Wichita Lineman, rotate some Chinese tunes, Play 4 Chinese songs a night.

Add -> Locomotive, Dead Horse, Right Next Door to Hell, Perfect Crime, Breakdown, Since I Don’t Have You, Slither.

Change -> Don’t Cry to alt lyrics and Heaven’s Door to the original version.

• Like 2

Really -drop the Slash guitar solos , wtf ? are u cats high or something ? the guiatr solos by Slash are a mainstay and the reason I go to a gig --

Locomotive would be a killer add -It isnt gonna happen but that would be the amazing

all gnr songs on this tour would be my dream setlist and I  include KOHD and LALD as the only covers - Let Slash play all the solos on Rocket Queen and KOHD - Less CD songs a lot less 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TMAC20 said:

Really -drop the Slash guitar solos , wtf ? are u cats high or something ? the guiatr solos by Slash are a mainstay and the reason I go to a gig --

Locomotive would be a killer add -It isnt gonna happen but that would be the amazing

all gnr songs on this tour would be my dream setlist and I  include KOHD and LALD as the only covers - Let Slash play all the solos on Rocket Queen and KOHD - Less CD songs a lot less 

Seriously, I can't tell you how many people I heard say they were blown away by Slash all night at the local shows. People I went with or knew that went, people on the radio, All the facebook posts the next day.

Agree with the rest too. Although I don't mind some of the covers.

• Like 1

I think it's unnecessary for Rocket Queen to be 12 minutes long. It's my favorite GNR song but that's too long, you could fit RNDTH and Perfect Crime into that and still have a 6 minute Rocket Queen (as it was on the album).

Chinese songs are okay, love that album but in 2018 songs like This I Love and Sorry seem uninteresting to me live(as I stated in the OP). Add I.R.S., Scraped, SoD, Shacklers, Riad...whatever just make TIL and Sorry go away. And yeah, rotating them would be a good idea, like they did with Don't Cry/Patience.

But I love Prostitute, Madagascar and TWAT on the setlist.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheGeneral said:

But I love Prostitute, Madagascar and TWAT on the setlist.

Agree with this part. I don't mind if they have TWAT in the setlist as long as Axl can still do it justice. It's a hard song to sing, but he was really bad on it at a few shows. 

drop all cd songs

drop all covers exept KOHD max.1993 version 

drop rocket queen

add salt of the earth

add back off bitch

add dont damn me

add you aint the first

add dust n bones

add so fine

add think about you

add raw power

add mama kin

add used to love her 

add dead horse

add 1 fuckin new song

• Like 1

Drop: the superfluous covers (keep AC/DC tho)

Add: If the World, out ta get me, DUST N BONES

10 hours ago, Natty said:

drop all cd songs

drop all covers exept KOHD max.1993 version 

drop rocket queen

add salt of the earth

add back off bitch

add dont damn me

add you aint the first

add dust n bones

add so fine

add think about you

add raw power

add mama kin

add used to love her 

add dead horse

add 1 fuckin new song

Drop rocket queen??????? Oof x 100

4 hours ago, ramsey said:

Drop: the superfluous covers (keep AC/DC tho)

Add: If the World, out ta get me, DUST N BONES

Drop rocket queen??????? Oof x 100

rocket queen doesn t sound that good live any more. some kick ass songs like raw power would keep the crowd rocking. just my thoughts

This is my ideal setlist tbh;

Spoiler

1. Nightrain

Spoiler

2. Estranged

Spoiler

3. Estranged 

Spoiler

4. Estranged

Spoiler

5. Estranged

Spoiler