06/09/18 - Derby, UK - Donington Park Circuit (Download Festival)

downzy

20 hours ago, bangit said:

I think they show it on Sky Arts a few weeks after the event these days. Usually just a few tracks of the headliner. There was a time that it was live streamed i think!

edit - just looked - Broadcast 29th June. GNR mentioned so i would expect some tracks. 

Download Festival 2018

Sky Arts

Ozzy Osbourne, Guns ’N Roses and Avenged Sevenfold headline the UK's number one rock and metal music festival, held each year at Donington Park in Derby.

probably 4 tracks from GNR...headliners usually get 4 over the 2 shows.

As others have said BHS will godown well, as will some of the other covers. WL shouldn't be included but its a nice break for the voice.

Shadow should go down well, as hopefully will Slither. 

This year it is just periscopes/FB streams, wish I could be there though, I do love the whole event!

35 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

probably 4 tracks from GNR...headliners usually get 4 over the 2 shows.

I hope they choose carefully what songs are streamed and pick ones that Axl sounds good on.. It's So Easy, Brownstone, Jungle and Nightrain would be the wisest choices....

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I hope they choose carefully what songs are streamed and pick ones that Axl sounds good on.. It's So Easy, Brownstone, Jungle and Nightrain would be the wisest choices....

I agree, but I would love me some pro-shot SOYL and Slither

• Like 2

Silent reader of the forum since 05. Second gnr gig since 16th June London (golden circle). Staying at the premier inn derby city centre. Hoping for OMG, why are they still playing BHS?? Hope everyone enjoys themselves, will live stream what I can on FB. Fuck £30 a t shirt! P.s. silkworms remix  leak is poop. Love you all!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Creed said:

When you think about it, its ridiculous. Back in the day he could sing everything. Even if he had  a bad  day, he was still great and he delivered. I totally understand  that a voice is changing the older you get, but then you simply have to change the setlist or  the arrangements of the songs. Axls post 94 voice is too freakin high for most GnR and CD songs. 

I hear ya.. It is what is is though.. Even the Denmark show we all praised him because it wasn't total disaster but if anyone is honest with themselves you can't really say he sounds good.  There are really only a handful of songs that he really sounds good on. There are some songs that he sounds good during some points of the songs but if he sounded anything like he does now back in the day I wouldn't be a Gn'R fan. That whole Mickey/Helium/Elmo voice just doesn't sound good, it is just cool to have Axl him up there singing the songs with Slash and Duff and enjoy the parts of the songs where he does sound decent/good.  I listened to COMA from Denmark the other day and there was one line in the outro part where he dropped into his lower voice and it sounded good. Dunno if it was intentional or not but it sounded better than trying to force it.  I think most can accept that he can't sing like the old days but he should definitely try and practice alternate ways of singing some songs. As someone said in another thread his voice is a like a swiss army knife. He has an arsenal of cool singing voices and has options..

Edited by Tom-Ass
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, angriestwhopper said:

why are they still playing BHS?? 

That one stuck out to me in the last setlist.. I thought it was one of the best sets of the tour. Swap BHS out with Out Ta Get Me or some other classic and it would have been on point.  Even with CD songs present ;) I do think 3 CD songs is a good number though. Anymore than that is too much. 

2 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I agree, but I bet they’ll do YCBM, Sweet Child, November Rain because they’re the “hits” 

5 hours ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It’s £7.50 a pint, I nearly cried :lol:

Flippin' eck' you'll have to load up before you go like the uni students do. :lol:  Hopefully you'll get good weather...although the pollen levels are high (you can tell we're in the UK when we talk about the weather and pollen levels).

15 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I agree, but I bet they’ll do YCBM, Sweet Child, November Rain because they’re the “hits” 

YCBM and Sweet Child would be a nightmare.. He actually sounded pretty good on November Rain during the last show though.. 

11 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

Not playing OTGM is a crime!! 

Damn fucking right it is.. One of the songs this lineup is best at too

Understand about respecting chris for doing BHS but its almost axls scared of trying new shit.. Until now! Reading the promoters not seeing it as a "legacy" act brings hope of even more new shit. But how desperate is it that perfect crime is on  the alt list and never played!! Looking forward to shadow 

15 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Damn fucking right it is.. One of the songs this lineup is best at too

Not counting ISE, Brownstone and Jungle that sound always good, I gotta say that OTGM is the next best along with Nightrain!

Still do not understand why cannot they kick out UTLH/BHS and throw in OTGM/Michelle as STAPLE!!

• Like 1