Appetite for Destruction Remastered General Thread

2 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

So question - do I get in trouble for "leaking" it or does the person that accidebrly put it in YouTube at some random time get fired lol?

If you didn't upload it on Youtube/FB/Twitter, you're pretty much off the hook.

Edited by Gibson_Guy87

I'm quite happy with this, tho it will probably cost a fortune, it is a must have for a decent price, pretty cool live like @ suicide is in there as there are limited copies of it  and one costs 400 these days

Edited by GNRmello77

2 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

That's just a still frame from the Locked and Loaded edition video isn't it? You can see the rest of the box behind it. 

yeah but i see at the top say super deluxe

Edited by Gibbo

4 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

I'm quite happy with this, tho it will probably cost a fortune, it is a must have for a decent price, pretty cool live like @ suicide is in there as there are limited copies of it  and one costs 400 these days

I'm sure this is a reprint of LLAS worth $5 not $400. I don't think there's 10,000 spare originals around that they'd need for the box set .

Edited by Subtle Signs

15 minutes ago, charliehoodger said:

So question - do I get in trouble for "leaking" it or does the person that accidebrly put it in YouTube at some random time get fired lol?

"in trouble" from us or someone else? 

If you're asking about us... You wouldn't get in trouble with us. I can't answer for anyone else though lol

3 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Looks like theirs going to be 3 versions Deluxe, Super deluxe and Locked & Loaded

Which was my guess the whole time! Lol

My concern at this point is how limited Locked & Loaded is. I want it but just plain can't put the cash out if it goes on sale this weekend and sells out. 

6 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

yeah but i see at the top say super deluxe

Ah - got you! I see what you mean now. 

In that case, $179 for four cds is absolutely outrageous. The recent Prince Purple Rain reissue had 4 discs - the album remastered, two discs of b-sides and unreleased rarities, and a live concert DVD. Price? $22. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

"in trouble" from us or someone else? 

If you're asking about us... You wouldn't get in trouble with us. I can't answer for anyone else though lol

Which was my guess the whole time! Lol

My concern at this point is how limited Locked & Loaded is. I want it but just plain can't put the cash out if it goes on sale this weekend and sells out. 

Someone did say how many

14 minutes ago, AxlIsGod. said:

$180 for 4CDs seems a bit steep if this is the case.

You also get a book and a audio blu ray. That's not worth $200 to you? The book has previously unreleased photos from Axl's personal collection! Those will probably be leaked a few days before the box is released but for $200 they can be yours too.

4 hours ago, Italian girl said:

I don't need all that stuff.

Same here. It's cool if you're into it, but I personally never cared for demo versions of songs that I've already heard a million times. And those random items are cool for the kids, I would have loved a fake tattoo or GnR pick when I was 12, but I'm not anymore.

5 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Same here. It's cool if you're into it, but I personally never cared for demo versions of songs that I've already heard a million times. And those random items are cool for the kids, I would have loved a fake tattoo or GnR pick when I was 12, but I'm not anymore.

I'm almost 40. I'd like the gnr rings and bandana but not for $700. 

3 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

$700!?!?!

Not sure where you live but in New York we have state sales tax so if the rumored $650 price tag is true then yes $700 or so with sales tax. $650 x 8.25% in sales tax is about $703.

Edited by Subtle Signs

Just now, Subtle Signs said:

I'm almost 40. I'd like the gnr rings and bandana but not for $700. 

That price is ridiculous either way, but even for 5 euro I wouldn't pay for GnR posters or whatever else is in this boxset. But each to their own!

2 minutes ago, EvanG said:

The dilemma with splashing out on something this collectible for 100s of $ is do you make use of the stuff that comes with it or keep it in pristine condition for fear of trashing future value?

If you give your kid the tattoos and the special bandana to play with that's the value diminished straight off.

Then again maybe life is too short to care. :lol:

• Haha 1