House of Blues 2001 ***NO LINKS***

This is the first show by GNR and Axl Rose after what was nearly 8 years of stage silence. It had a spectacularly gifted guy with a bucket on his head nobody knew. It had two other guitarists nobody knew, a drummer nobody knew, and a bass player very few people knew. At the time it was a freak show. Eight years later, it was legendary. Today, you are seeing what many considered a holy grail, and like it or not, you should. It is amazing.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, evader said:

This is the first show by GNR and Axl Rose after what was nearly 8 years of stage silence. It had a spectacularly gifted guy with a bucket on his head nobody knew. It had two other guitarists nobody knew, a drummer nobody knew, and a bass player very few people knew. At the time it was a freak show. Eight years later, it was legendary. Today, you are seeing what many considered a holy grail, and like it or not, you should. It is amazing.

Exactly this.

Just now, cpaxlvacy said:

What an AMAZING show!! Damn, the energy the sound, the songs, everythning. Axl's voice is fucking epic and Silkworms is mind blowing.

Yeah, and people was pretty on Silkworms, considering that was the first time it was played so... again: WTF happened!!! We needed this 17 years ago!!!

• Like 2

Show was great!

All the new songs sounded fantastic - finally made out "banshee" in the first verse of Silkworms and now I feel like I've stared into the face of God

More rasp than you'd think for this time period - Rio suffered from a terrible sound mix and this revealed his voice wasn't that bad at all

I wonder what was going on with the audio drop outs that were replaced with the old audience recording - guessing either the master tape of the show had deteriorated or this leak was from a VHS dupe

• Like 1

• downzy unpinned this topic
12 minutes ago, TheSeeker said:

Show was great!

All the new songs sounded fantastic - finally made out "banshee" in the first verse of Silkworms and now I feel like I've stared into the face of God

More rasp than you'd think for this time period - Rio suffered from a terrible sound mix and this revealed his voice wasn't that bad at all

I wonder what was going on with the audio drop outs that were replaced with the old audience recording - guessing either the master tape of the show had deteriorated or this leak was from a VHS dupe

I think we will eventually get a better copy. This seems higly compressed by someone not wanting to share the "full experience" with everyone. If this is coming from a tape well, sound should be at least way much better. But compression is the problem here.

Damn, when people are chanting "welcome back!", Axl's facial expressions say it all -- after his very real "thank you."

That's a man who has been through A LOT.  So sad, such a wonderful artist with so much potential, a multi-millionaire who could have had anything or anyone he wanted in life, to see him all broke into pieces like this breaks my heart.

• GNFNR 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Nosaj Thing said:

Damn, when people are chanting "welcome back!", Axl's facial expressions say it all -- after his very real "thank you."

That's a man who has been through A LOT.  So sad, such a wonderful artist with so much potential, a multi-millionaire who could have had anything or anyone he wanted in life, to see him all broke into pieces like this breaks my heart.

Yeah, felt the same. It was even worst than any of us can imagine. Sadly, that's the reason for the "lost years".

• Sad 1