the eating stuff thread

wasted

4 minutes ago, Gracii Guns said:

Rosemary, homegrown blackcurrant and raspberry baked cheesecake. I used to really hate cheesecakes, but I'm down with this one. 

Debuting my new cake stand too. 

0_IMG_20190629_134149_563_compress99.jpg

Looks like a miscarriage. :lol: 

* I’m really sorry. That was just my first thought which probably says much more about my character than your cake. I’m sure it was delicious. :) 

Edited by Dazey
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Gracii Guns said:

@Dazey Your wife really must be a saint if she is to expect appraisal like that for her cooking.

None taken, it was delicious. 

I’m really sorry Grace. Sometimes my typing hand works faster than my brain. :lol: 

• Haha 1

Had my first Syrian Pizza down at the Canada Day celebrations. I dont think the Syriasn running the joint loved the sensory-memory of the war planes flying over head, but dang they made some incredible food!!

They take the raw dough and slap it on a metal dome with heat on the under side. The bread quickly expands and bubbles - both sides took what seemed to be seconds to brown up. Super toothsome, chewy with great spring. Its served as a wrap with za'tar spice blend and olive oil... lots of olive oil. :axl:

• 1 month later...

Banging cake!

I made my first bolognese yesterday with fresh herbs from the garden (even some winter savoury, which I think worked really well). I slightly over salted it, but its really delicious I must say. This stuff is luxurious. Planning to make dill pickles today. But since having bolognese pasta for breakfast, Im on couch lock :lol: 

• Thanks 1

On 01/09/2019 at 4:10 PM, Dazey said:

That the millennial version of American Pie? :lol: 

I know a lad who claimed to’ve shagged a cantaloupe once.  My enduring memory of him is the smelly bomber jacket he never took off and his nicotine stained fingers.  I think he had a bit of pikey in him on his old mans side.  He warmed it up in the oven beforehand so the story goes.  Looking back it seems the most impractical of fruits to shag.

Edited by Len Cnut

2 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

I know a lad who claimed to’ve shagged a cantaloupe once.  My enduring memory of him is the smelly bomber jacket he never took off and his nicotine stained fingers.  I think he had a bit of pikey in him on his old mans side.  He warmed it up in the oven beforehand so the story goes.  Looking back it seems the most impractical of fruits to shag.

If I had to shag a fruit I’d choose Kenneth Williams. :lol: 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, lukepowell1988 said:

I have tried getting hold of some of there stuff but its like £30 a bottle and I dount as spocy as some of the stuff I already use.

Dragon In The Clouds definitely brings some heat... it's not as hot as the Last Dab but it's hotter than Los Calientes and their Fiery Chipotle sauces. But yea it's expensive, whenever I buy stuff from Heatonist I buy like 5~ sauces at once so the price is more justifiable (shipping is a large % of the cost, and I only buy sauces that I can't find in stores).

23 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

I used this stuff in pulled pork last weekend:

HOT_SAUCE_FRONT_VIEW_960x.png?v=15657546

was really good!

Im trying out making some pulled pork. If I can hit you up for some tips?

Is this the type of cut you use, smoked with bone in?

pqFmgc1.jpg?1

Any short-hand recipe would be appreciated if you feel like it and have the chance :) 

3 hours ago, lukepowell1988 said:

Fuck yeah! How was it?

Burger was great! Yeah, I get how its so famous. Im not sure if this is odd, but my favourite part was the shredded lettuce drenched in the sauce. I mean, the cheese and beef could use some sprucing up imho, but thats not what this is, right? Its like Lars drumming in Metallica - its the singular perfect thing at what it does, despite itself. Delicious. Will eat again. :headbang:

Musta been a middle school nearby because it was filled with kids, swarming. And with the computer orders the staff are screaming out order numbers every second. The kids all wanna sit 12 kids to a four chair table - practically siting on my lap! The TV news is playing images of warfare. Ive had more relaxed meals while incarcerated! So, I ate the burger and ditched the rest of the meal. Meaning I've now fled a McDonalds twice in as many months :lol:

Edited by soon

35 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The best burger I ever had in the United Kingdom was at a beer cellar place in the centre of York. 

Nice. I looked at pictures of York and can't tell if York is more bourgey or working class - making NYC a perfect namesake. I think you are describing a good and honest basic, well cooked burger - none of that stunt burger stuff that Burger Brothers seems to get into?

If so, Im about that too.