*Possibly* The General, terrible quality cell phone recording *NO LINKS*

Just now, Grayfox said:

Yeah I’m going to say The General is a “sizzle clip” aka to show proof it exists to potential buyers. While at the same time making it so the guy can’t turn around and claim he has the song and try to scam. 

The fact that it's even being shopped around means the person in possession of it is a whore

• Haha 1

Just now, brownstone91 said:

The fact that it's even being shopped around means the person in possession of it is a whore

I can agree with that. But the fact it’s being shopped around is a plus. All the cellphone clip proved was The General was played. Easily could have been Axl at a club and someone recorded. This is pretty definitive proof we’re closer to a new song more so than ever. So that’s a plus..

2 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Hopefully someone good at audio can work with the General clip to make it more legible, it sounds like it was also sped up a bit.

I’m working on it now. The cellphone clip is mostly a lost cause. Tinkering has made some vocal points known but can’t tell lyrics just melody and structure.

The cellphone clip of the General seems to be disappearing rapidly. I wonder if management have already found out about it?

The cellphone clip of the General seems to be disappearing rapidly. I wonder if management have already found out about it?

5 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Holy shit. Some people have FAR too much time on their hands.

I had this clip for years..i didn't have "SHAZAM" back then..it only took me 10 seconds to find out

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

Ok so the orchestral version of The General is centered around the key of D

The cell phone audio that we got is centered around the key of E from what I can hear, so either the cell phone audio is sped up or it is fake, it is hard to tell based on the poor quality of the cell phone video, but I just wanted to point out the difference in pitch centers between the two of them

You can even hear the orchestral part on the phone call that leaked 2day.

1 minute ago, NeonKinight said:

You can even hear the orchestral part on the phone call that leaked 2day.

I will listen with headphones when I can, right now I am just using my phone and can only make out bits and pieces like the guitar solo and the general key center of the clip

29 minutes ago, Wagszilla said:

The next time one of you fuckers goes to a super secret album release party, do me a favor and put your phone / top secret spy recording device next to the speaker. 

Or find the DJ, seduce him or her, and take one for the team.

still wondering why i didn't do that.. :facepalm::lol:

• Like 1