Final thoughts on NITL tour

The problem to other bands that don't realease new music is that GnR just works in the current setting as long as the big money from stadium tours is coming in. As soon as this band can't fill stadiums anymore it's over - because at this point slash can earn the same amount of money with his solo career and doens't have to deal with the axl drama (I'm pretty sure there is still a lot of drama going on behind the scenes which we don't know about)

So they have to realease sth in the near future to stay at the stadium level to keep this thing going.

• Haha 1

Just My Opinion , the boys had to learn to become friends  again and it looks like they have become tight just like before, more mature, SLASH-AXL-DUFF and the rest of GNR will release a new album I personally guarntee that , it takes time , they still dont talk to the MEDIA -I LOVE THAT -no one knows anything -BETA is promoting SLASH with Myles Kennedy and the Conspirators new album -check out her IG , the boys will make a new record and the machine is back !!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kula2006 said:

The problem to other bands that don't realease new music is that GnR just works in the current setting as long as the big money from stadium tours is coming in. As soon as this band can't fill stadiums anymore it's over - because at this point slash can earn the same amount of money with his solo career and doens't have to deal with the axl drama (I'm pretty sure there is still a lot of drama going on behind the scenes which we don't know about)

So they have to realease sth in the near future to stay at the stadium level to keep this thing going.

Way to make assumptions and jump to conclusions....

• Like 3

On 7/9/2018 at 6:49 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

It's been a good tour that has dragged on a bit too long, but good overall.

Pro's:

-The hype of the Vegas 2016 shows was unreal, it was great to be in an arena with such an electric atmosphere, that first show was such a great experience. Seeing them perform Coma on April 8 is honestly the best concert moment I've experienced.

-The NA 2016 tour and Axl/DC shows were easily the best shows since 2010.

-The setlist, while basically the same for the majority of the tour, is great. Coma, DTJ, Madagascar, CITR, and SOYL and Slither on this leg are nice additions.

Con's:

-Axl's voice deteriorated after the NA 2016 shows

-If you've been to 1 or 2 shows already, the setlist is predictable.

-Too many covers. FUCK BLACK HOLE SUN.

-Basically everything about TIL has sucked since 2017 yet they won't drop it from the set.

-Ticket prices.

Totally agree about TIL. That song went from being a set highlight for me in 2016 to being one I think they should drop. Both Axl and Slash seemed to lose interest in it

You guys are absolutely right. This was pretty much proven when people were getting beers during Coma at the majority of the shows I was at. That's a song for the die hards and a ton of people there either didnt know it or didnt care because it wasnt Jungle, Sweet Child or Paradise City. Albums dont sell anymore, but Guns is in a different category. New music will sell fine because of their large fanbase plus the fact that its been so long that people will buy it just for curiosity sake, especially if they lead with a strong single. Let's just hope Axl has enough juice left to want to do it because we all know Duff and Slash do. The shows have gotten plenty of strong and positive reviews that they can easily take that and run. Hell, Van Halen put out a pretty strong album full of demos and ideas from 30 years ago. It wouldn't be that difficult or time consuming to do.

3 hours ago, Kula2006 said:

"Slash can earn the same amount of money in his solo career"  :crazy:

LOL. If Slash could make the same amount of money in his solo career, he wouldn't have needed to come back to Guns. SMKC's ceiling is being an arena band. Slash will never, ever, ever make $1M a show in his solo career. Ever. Hell, the cut of merch he gets with Guns is probably more than he makes with Myles. :lol:

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, Gunner927 said:

"Slash can earn the same amount of money in his solo career"  :crazy:

LOL. If Slash could make the same amount of money in his solo career, he wouldn't have needed to come back to Guns. SMKC's ceiling is being an arena band. Slash will never, ever, ever make $1M a show in his solo career. Ever. Hell, the cut of merch he gets with Guns is probably more than he makes with Myles. :lol:

Agreed, hes a club/theater level headliner in the States.

So the way i worked it out is that they have 13 shows left (i looked on here so dont remmeber if the newly added mexico show was on there)..... lets just say the average show length between all them is just 3 hours (obv ballpark) 13 shows times 3 hours average = 39 hours of music. They have to play 39 more hours of music and thats the END of this MONSTER ASS tour. Theres no way they can stretch this out any longer. What im syaing is that the countdown to the end is a bit exciting. Like wtf are they actually going to DO when its done? (please save me the easy joke of "duh - nothing") And I know alot of people dont care about this but id like to see in the end how it actually racks up in the HIGHEST GROSSING TOURS OF ALL TIME list. Im going to be buying the super deluxe of appetite soon so im pretty excited for that as well. 

As an added bonus, i absolutely LOVE slash's solo stuff, like some of those riffs are amazing. With all the sort of 'enlightenment' in his life thats happened in the past 3 years i cant wait to hear the next SATC album.

27 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

So the European leg of the tour is over now?

I saw some Asia dates and more US dates.

Slash and Miles Kennedy are touring soon. Not interested. I don't like Miles' voice at all.

Pretty sure there's a handful of more Euro dates, then Slash's short tour, Guns in Mexico and the far east and then the questioning really starts.

I'm incredibly happy this tour happened, given that I never thought I'd see Axl and Slash onstage together (let alone be right in front of the stage when they played London).

I'm glad the 2016 leg sounded so good for the most part and that Axl's commitment and professionalism on this tour has been fantastic. He seems to be a lot happier nowadays.

Hopefully the NITL tour ends with the dates currently announced, because I feel like it might outstay its welcome if it carries on too long. I don't want GNR to go back to being a touring jukebox in cafes and bowling alleys.

Hopefully before this tour is done we get some idea of the band's future plans. I feel like if the tour continues into next year, the odds of new music feel a lot lower. I really hope they maybe take next year of and spend some time in the studio, even if it's just for a few songs.

Hell, I'd even accept a single at this point.

• Like 1

On 7/12/2018 at 9:13 AM, GoBucky said:

You guys are absolutely right. This was pretty much proven when people were getting beers during Coma at the majority of the shows I was at. That's a song for the die hards and a ton of people there either didnt know it or didnt care because it wasnt Jungle, Sweet Child or Paradise City. Albums dont sell anymore, but Guns is in a different category. New music will sell fine because of their large fanbase plus the fact that its been so long that people will buy it just for curiosity sake, especially if they lead with a strong single. Let's just hope Axl has enough juice left to want to do it because we all know Duff and Slash do. The shows have gotten plenty of strong and positive reviews that they can easily take that and run. Hell, Van Halen put out a pretty strong album full of demos and ideas from 30 years ago. It wouldn't be that difficult or time consuming to do.

I want an album as much as anyone but what is the motivation? If people don’t recognize “Coma”, an album track from one of their only 5 original albums, they aren’t going to go out and buy a new album and get into it. Anything that’s not a played to death hit is beer time unfortunately. 

Pros - It happened!, which I always believed it would. I went to the first Vegas show and last LA show! They played so many songs. I was thrilled to have seen that last show - lots and lots of songs that i haven’t heard live. The tour had zero drama, and zero cancelled shows (?...is that correct?! Amazing).

Cons - No Izzy, no Adler, no Sorum, and the seemingly bad relationship between Axl and those guys. Axl’s bad vocal shows, and the “throw it in our faces” AC/DC performances. Yes, he does owe us. If he didn’t want to owe us anything at his concerts, then don’t charge me an arm and a leg to attend. The setlists changed very little, the number one reason I didn’t go to more shows. The show goes on so long, it gets stale. Too many cover songs. No new original songs played. 

For those of you wanting an interview... Axl is the only one with anything remotely interesting to say. He’s a good, intelligent speaker and story teller. Slash and Duff are rock stars, not conversationists.. 

The excitement seems to be dying off now.

These guys need to put out a new record to get people interested again which most likely won't happen.

No one cares about a remastered AFD or some old single from the 80s.

I went to 4 NITL shows and at the 4th show I was kind of bored.

Also, Axl is not sounding to good these days. Will he hang it up soon or will they keep touring the same old setlist?

• 1 month later...
On 7/9/2018 at 6:49 PM, Gordon Comstock said:

It's been a good tour that has dragged on a bit too long, but good overall.

Pro's:

-The hype of the Vegas 2016 shows was unreal, it was great to be in an arena with such an electric atmosphere, that first show was such a great experience. Seeing them perform Coma on April 8 is honestly the best concert moment I've experienced.

Agree about the atmosphere at the first show in Vegas and hearing Coma for the first time. I totally lost it, one of the best concert moments for me too.