No Holds Barred Thread - Post Anything That Is On Your Mind, Even the Politically Incorrect!

Ace Nova

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, wasted said:

That’s property damage though. And that’s where a lack of free speech leads to ultimately. In the light we will find a way. 

Debatable whether the property has been damaged. Its certainly been modified. Maybe even improved.

Its exactly where they said to put the free speech! Our comrade colouring between the lines is a little anti climatic even.

On 23/10/2018 at 2:57 PM, Gibson_Guy87 said:

Someone who knowingly falsely accuses another person of rape/sexual assault as a form of revenge against them should get the same punishment as an actual rapist. 

I have a tendency to be a bit forgiving when its girls.  Especially if she's fit.  Its like 'awwww, she got hysterical, had a bit of a woman fit, lets let her off' :lol:  Mingers though, fuck em, give em life :lol:

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, soon said:

Debatable whether the property has been damaged. Its certainly been modified. Maybe even improved.

Its exactly where they said to put the free speech! Our comrade colouring between the lines is a little anti climatic even.

I agree it’s fine, it’s sort of become art. 

But I’m saying me swearing at you is different from me punching you in the face. People do sometimes want words to be like a punch in the face and this is pretty good example. Both sides should see the merits. 

Violence seems to come up when one or both sides refuse to listen. When people apply an ideology very rigidly then they can justify their lack of humanity. 

Edited by wasted
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kasanova King said:

The same bloke who says you can't be anything but a capitalist if you own an iphone.  Thats right folks, take it from Jordie, it does not matter if you firebomb wall street or bring about the collapse of the world banking system, if you have an iphone in your pocket whilst you're doing it you're not committed to the cause :lol:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

The same bloke who says you can't be anything but a capitalist if you own an iphone.  Thats right folks, take it from Jordie, it does not matter if you firebomb wall street or bring about the collapse of the world banking system, if you have an iphone in your pocket whilst you're doing it you're not committed to the cause :lol:

You could have obtained a state-owned phone from some Commie state after all. 

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

You could have obtained a state-owned phone from some Commie state after all. 

It just seemed a ridiculous statement.  I mean I bet the 9/11 bombers had mobile phones but I wouldn't say they showed a lack of commitment to their anti-western society cause.  I mean thats about as commited as you can get, isn't it? :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

It just seemed a ridiculous statement.  I mean I bet the 9/11 bombers had mobile phones but I wouldn't say they showed a lack of commitment to their anti-western society cause.  I mean thats about as commited as you can get, isn't it? :lol:

Taken to is absolute extremity it is true, but you have to take it to its absolute extremity and when you consider the fact that Lenin himself reintroduced capitalism (sorry to be geeky but with his New Economic Policy of 1921) into the Soviet Union to stop the famine you realise how impossible it is to attain this absolute anti-capitalistic ideological state. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Taken to is absolute extremity it is true, but you have to take it to its absolute extremity and when you consider the fact that Lenin himself reintroduced capitalism (sorry to be geeky but with his New Economic Policy of 1921) into the Soviet Union to stop the famine you realise how impossible it is to attain this absolute anti-capitalistic ideological state. 

Its true, it doesn't really function in an absolute sense.  I think a lot of people adopt extremes in an effort to force the issue but as you say its rarely workable once you actually get into a position where you can implement it. 

29 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

I find it hilairious this 21st Century trend of all these men moaning the death of the alpha male, like you're fuckin' Steve McQueen to begin with. 

Yeah, it’s quite the racket. Considering the audience is comprised of men who should theoretically be thrilled by the ‘death of the alpha male’. 

Edited by Angelica
  • Like 1

Feminism is kinda made for men if you think about it.  I can't think of any movement in the post war world that has done more of service for men, sociologically speaking.  Its kind of the only thing that is working to bring men into the future.  The old masculine archetype is dying.  There's really nothing to it but misery.  The truth is if men like Jordan Peterson had to live out the ideals that they aspire to they would go insane.  This idea of the grimy stoic hard drinking man working the capstan lathe then going home to 2.4 children and the her indoors is a fucking nightmare as much for men as it is for women.  These are archetypes that grew out of social constraints that were crippling for men and women, it literally drove people insane.  Feminism is doing men a favour.

1 minute ago, Len Cnut said:

Feminism is kinda made for men if you think about it.  I can't think of any movement in the post war world that has done more of service for men, sociologically speaking.  Its kind of the only thing that is working to bring men into the future.  The old masculine archetype is dying.  There's really nothing to it but misery.  The truth is if men like Jordan Peterson had to live out the ideals that they aspire to they would go insane.  This idea of the grimy stoic hard drinking man working the capstan lathe then going home to 2.4 children and the her indoors is a fucking nightmare as much for men as it is for women.  These are archetypes that grew out of social constraints that were crippling for men and women, it literally drove people insane.  Feminism is doing men a favour.

What a poof.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What a poof.

Me and you would die trying to live out that old masculine archetype :lol:  A bunch of fuckin' fairy-arsed subtitled film watching rock n roll fans, we are the diametric opposite of the masculine archetype, the work alone would kill us :lol:

Peterson was basically just in the right place at the right time. Without the Lindsey Shepherd scandal at Wilfred Laurier University and the existence of Patreon I doubt we'd be talking about him at all. For example Camille Paglia has been at this for decades and we never talk about her - even now when Peterson quotes her and features her pic! Paglia speaks against the grain whereas Peterson is happy to take on the talking points or his Right Wing Millennial Patreon supporters. His job is to give a professorial tone to their rhetoric. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, wasted said:

I agree it’s fine, it’s sort of become art. 

But I’m saying me swearing at you is different from me punching you in the face. People do sometimes want words to be like a punch in the face and this is pretty good example. Both sides should see the merits. 

Violence seems to come up when one or both sides refuse to listen. When people apply an ideology very rigidly then they can justify their lack of humanity. 

I didnt realize we were discussing violence? I certainly hadn't heard you say: "But I’m saying me swearing at you is different from me punching you in the face." ??

Possibly you are inferring I took a clear position on a subject by posting that pic? I would say there are many meanings to be found in the pic, but my take aways have been left opaque.

But to speak to your points

18 hours ago, wasted said:

But I’m saying me swearing at you is different from me punching you in the face.

Well, that depends. The outcome may be exactly the same for you:P

18 hours ago, wasted said:

Violence seems to come up when one or both sides refuse to listen

Im not sure what was violent about the picture? But all I can say is that the quicker we dispel the notion of a "both sides" outlook, the better. There are so many "sides" and even those undoing "sides" as their sides contributions. Once we have systems that better honours diversity then so many better ideas can emerge. Ideas that dont need to take account of all the binary entrenchment. 

Some of Peterson's stuff is quite useful, his bread and butter psychotherapy topics about sorting yourself out and taking responsibility for your own shit. I can see why it appeals to directionless young men. The problem comes in the form of him straying into other things he isn't that knowledgeable about and wrapping it up in weird spiritualism and musings about other populist talking points.

I agree with the right place right time theory. It's made him very wealthy. I'm always shocked when I read how much money people are giving on sites like Patreon just to hear videos and tours going over the same ground again and again.

I've missed a trick modding this forum over the years instead of becoming a youtube guru. :lol:

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, soon said:

I didnt realize we were discussing violence? I certainly hadn't heard you say: "But I’m saying me swearing at you is different from me punching you in the face." ??

Possibly you are inferring I took a clear position on a subject by posting that pic? I would say there are many meanings to be found in the pic, but my take aways have been left opaque.

But to speak to your points

Well, that depends. The outcome may be exactly the same for you:P

Im not sure what was violent about the picture? But all I can say is that the quicker we dispel the notion of a "both sides" outlook, the better. There are so many "sides" and even those undoing "sides" as their sides contributions. Once we have systems that better honours diversity then so many better ideas can emerge. Ideas that dont need to take account of all the binary entrenchment. 

I’m not using the word “you” to mean you. It means more people in general. It’s not me and you. I’m not putting us in the ring. 

I’m saying there’s a difference between saying something and physical abuse of people or property. In the sign example, I was just saying technically maybe there’s a case for property damage. But I appreciate the artistry or whatever. The free speech zone isn’t license to start burning cars and beating people up or spraying painting fuck you on property. It’s a minor observation, extension, not a comment on what you might think. I tend to have multiple, often contradictory thoughts about things. I’m not sure what that image means really, at first I thought the fuck you was in support of the sign. 

It’s like a protest, people can go and say things but then they get carried away and start turning over cars. It defeats the object. Not to mention whoever’s car it is might agree with you. 

I think the both sides thing comes up when people interject into a dispute or situation. It’s not meant to reduce life or people to two choices or sides. But in Antifa v Alt right protest violence it easy to stand to the side and just say both sides were violent in certain situations. Or if your anti war both political parties have contributed. You can argue degrees and general outcome, but sometimes not on principles. It might not be the majority’s perspective. 

Edited by wasted