Lots of old Recordings

why is this now deleted?

did the magment come after someone who posted or what?

considering there was GNR, VR, Screaming trees, Outsiders stuff..., this could be a little tricky. someone posses stuff from many different authors.

it is obviously not someone from Geffen, like someone here suggested, cause those bands were with many different labels

Just came to the conclusion that this was a plant by Team Brazil to distract us from the fact that Axl Rose sang a song in a god damn childs cartoon

"Didn't like Axl singing kids songs? By the way, old material still exists!" 

Get Joe Rogan over here, it's all a conspiracy! 

#tower7 #fakenews 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Real McCoy said:

Slightly off-topic, but as another example of "artists being prolific during recording sessions", there are FOUR albums worth of outtakes from Aerosmith's "Permanent Vacation" album, and it's a treasure trove - tons of unreleased, completed songs, early versions of songs that eventually made the album w/different lyrics, a full 1986 rehearsal, etc. It's pretty incredible, really.

I would love to listen to those recordings from Aerosmith! The band at their best!

1 hour ago, shotsfired cro said:

why is this now deleted?

did the magment come after someone who posted or what?

considering there was GNR, VR, Screaming trees, Outsiders stuff..., this could be a little tricky. someone posses stuff from many different authors.

it is obviously not someone from Geffen, like someone here suggested, cause those bands were with many different labels

Basically people on this forum somehow felt like the person who posted this should have someone leaked the stuff that was in the storage unit. Because you know that was totally in reality and was going to happen :shrugs:

I just like the mystery of it all. Obviously, we know who the Screaming Trees are and it's semi-safe to assume the "Shrieking Violet" reel is L.A. Guns, though I can't make out any of the titles.

Anyone have any idea what the Ya-Ya's is? Here is what the labels say:

Reel One:
July 15/98
The Ya-Ya's
1. Not Like You 0-3:20
2. Long Ways 3:40-6:40
3. Hideaway 6:40-10:25
Tones At Head
RecPadStair
Reel One

Reel Two:
The Ya-Ya's
July 15/98
1. Lies 0-3:15
2. 7 AM 3:15-8:20
3. ? ? 8:20-12:25
4. Out on The Streets 12:25-15:20
Reel Two

Edited by Johnny Nightrain
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Johnny Nightrain said:

I just like the mystery of it all. Obviously, we know who the Screaming Trees are and it's semi-safe to assume the "Shrieking Violet" reel is L.A. Guns, though I can't make out any of the titles.

Anyone have any idea what the Ya-Ya's is? Here is what the labels say:

Reel One:
July 15/98
The Ya-Ya's
1. Not Like You 0-3:20
2. Long Ways 3:40-6:40
3. Hideaway 6:40-10:25
Tones At Head
RecPadStair
Reel One

Reel Two:
The Ya-Ya's
July 15/98
1. Lies 0-3:15
2. 7 AM 3:15-8:20
3. ? ? 8:20-12:25
4. Out on The Streets 12:25-15:20
Reel Two

The Ya-Ya's are a British band. They played a few gigs with Oasis around 93/94 and their bass player (Scott McLeod) briefly joined Oasis in 1995. You can see him in the Wonderwall music video.

Oh and thanks @Slapshot61 . Really interesting stuff. Don't feel disheartened by a few individuals, it's really appreciated I promise you. I think some people are a little insensitive because they feel burned by the band and their management. The more information put out there the better we all are so thank you. If you ever changed your mind and uploaded the other photos it would only be a huge plus for this community. Even the smallest of things is seen as gold around here and them labels are a treasure trove of information we may not see again. :slash:

Edited by Brain In A Jar
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Brain In A Jar said:

If you ever changed your mind and uploaded the other photos it would only be a huge plus for this community. Even the smallest of things is seen as gold around here and them labels are a treasure trove of information we may not see again. :slash:

I have the exact same opinion!!! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Slapshot61 said:

I did post other pics. i posted pics of slash's and duffs guitars back stage at the fourm and dodger stadium shows. Pics of their stage rigs that are dummy stage props with video inserts. I posted a before and after pic from the Troub show, it was a no camera show and i agreed not to take pics during the show so i could keep my phone. I posted a pic of Duffs "B1/2" rig that was ready to be shipped to Mexico for a one off before the last leg of their tour took off. and a few other pics. No one seemed interested. I certianly dont have the cool fan pics that you guys post but i tried to show some behind the scenes stuff, at least the stuff i felt comfortable posting.

nice

one question

there is one photo with a "pile" of tapes

all those tapes belong to the same person/company ("client") who went to your storehouse to pick them?

On 1/2/2019 at 5:27 PM, Slapshot61 said:

i got more pics but i want to see if i get a call about this pic first. dont want to piss anyone off.

^^^ This was the post I was referencing which was written in reply to this comment:

Oh! I see! Could you at least take more pictures of the content or tags? For fans this is like a holy grail heh

2 hours ago, Slapshot61 said:

I did post other pics. i posted pics of slash's and duffs guitars back stage at the fourm and dodger stadium shows. Pics of their stage rigs that are dummy stage props with video inserts. I posted a before and after pic from the Troub show, it was a no camera show and i agreed not to take pics during the show so i could keep my phone. I posted a pic of Duffs "B1/2" rig that was ready to be shipped to Mexico for a one off before the last leg of their tour took off. and a few other pics. No one seemed interested. I certianly dont have the cool fan pics that you guys post but i tried to show some behind the scenes stuff, at least the stuff i felt comfortable posting.

As you can see by the 8 pages of discussion the photo of these tapes is very different. People are VERY interested about this. What you have is far cooler than fan pics! You don't owe anyone anything but many people would be hugely appreciative if any further information was to be derived from your photos.

• Like 1

Hi @Slapshot61 very cool of you to mention this here and provide visual evidence.  I don't blame you one single bit for not sharing anything here.  You've got a business and a reputation to take care of.  Anyone truly 'upset' with you is insane.  I doubt we'll ever see these songs hit the shelves, but knowing they actually exist is cool to know and it's something for our GNR song hunters to strive for.  

On 1/6/2019 at 1:36 PM, Brain In A Jar said:

The Ya-Ya's are a British band. They played a few gigs with Oasis around 93/94 and their bass player (Scott McLeod) briefly joined Oasis in 1995. You can see him in the Wonderwall music video.

Oh and thanks @Slapshot61 . Really interesting stuff. Don't feel disheartened by a few individuals, it's really appreciated I promise you. I think some people are a little insensitive because they feel burned by the band and their management. The more information put out there the better we all are so thank you. If you ever changed your mind and uploaded the other photos it would only be a huge plus for this community. Even the smallest of things is seen as gold around here and them labels are a treasure trove of information we may not see again. :slash:

It's not them - they went absolutely nowhere, so I'd be amazed if they were at a studio in LA! 

It'll be the Seattle punk band The Ya Yas (who changed their name from 'The Fucking Ya Yas'). They were active in that time period - no idea what happened to them though....or whether Duff had some sort of involvement with them at the time. It would explain their presence in this collection of material if he did though. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Thanks 1

On 1/3/2019 at 12:16 PM, ludurigan said:

you are correct, axl would never own izzy solo stuff. if that was izzy solo stuff, it would be in izzy's basement, not lying around along with GNR stuff

specially since it is dated from 99 which is from a time izzy was doing everything on his own and completely free from record companies etc

also i remember that one of the guys, probably izzy or duff (can't remember who), maybe both, said in some interview (can't remember which) that izzy and duff recorded stuff for axl in the 90s

apparently axl received their songs and never did shit with them

its most certainly that stuff in those tapes

maybe @SoulMonster or @RONIN or @Blackstar can help find the original quotes where these "izzy and duff recordings for axl" are mentioned?

Here are two quotes from Izzy (I haven't been able to find the full interviews they're from *):

I can't recall right now if Duff has ever talked about those demos in 1995.

From the Izzy quotes it seems that Axl hadn't kept the demos at the time and Izzy had taken them, so in 2000-01 Axl phoned him asking for the tape, and finally Axl kept two songs from it. It also makes sense that there was a copy of the demos made for Duff.

I agree with everybody who said that most likely these tapes in the storage space have to do with Duff and sessions he did with Izzy and other musicians over the years. To me it's almost obvious, but I guess the fans have some kind of PTSD from TB and see them everywhere :lol:

------

* By the way, I'd appreciate if anyone has these interviews (even the original articles in French and Spanish) and can share them. As @SoulMonster has said, we've been collecting GnR articles at A4D

Right now we have collected about 1300 articles

http://www.a-4-d.com/f19-gn-r-interview-and-articles-archive

and there many others ready to be added, but we still miss some articles.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, zombux said:

@Blackstar & others: are there some GNR related sessions in the labels, that could fit into the recordings sheet? I'm looking at the photo that was removed from here, but I can't really find anything relevant, all the stuff looks like side projects... or not?

I don't see anything either, apart from the April 1995 Duff+Izzy one (with "Machine Gun" and "Tooth Puller") that reads "GNR demos reel 3", which 1995 demos you have already included in the sheet, I think.

Edited by Blackstar

7 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I don't see anything either, apart from the April 1995 Duff+Izzy one (with "Machine Gun" and "Tooth Puller") that reads "GNR demos reel 3", which 1995 demos you have already included in the sheet, I think.

I only had "10 pieces including DBTO/DBTS" included, so I added the other two titles with more accurate date April 18 1995 - I think here I can safely assume that those were the same sessions.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

Just now, DTJ80 said:

@zombux - I was literally just about to ask you about your list!! So that now reads 3 of the 10 - where did the confirmation of the 10 pieces come from?

I don't remember, it must have been some old interview with Duff about Izzy (?), maybe @SoulMonster will be the right guy to ask.

and damn, demos with Steve Stevens and Billy Idol - that must be the original "Neurotic Boy Outsiders" demos, before the lineup changed to the "classic Neurotic Outsiders" lineup. fuck.

oh well. I guess these tapes are as lost as Beautiful Disease (yeah, I know that it eventually got out as a promo copy, but still - it's not an official release).

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackstar said:

Here are two quotes from Izzy (I haven't been able to find the full interviews they're from *):

I can't recall right now if Duff has ever talked about those demos in 1995.

From the Izzy quotes it seems that Axl hadn't kept the demos at the time and Izzy had taken them, so in 2000-01 Axl phoned him asking for the tape, and finally Axl kept two songs from it. It also makes sense that there was a copy of the demos made for Duff.

I agree with everybody who said that most likely these tapes in the storage space have to do with Duff and sessions he did with Izzy and other musicians over the years. To me it's almost obvious, but I guess the fans have some kind of PTSD from TB and see them everywhere :lol:

Yes @Blackstar, this is the exact interview i was talking about, thanks for finding it!

:headbang:

So yes now I am very convinced that the Duff & Izzy labels on those tapes HAVE to be the "ten demos" Duff and Izzy wrote for GNR in 1995

and I am also convinced that these are great songs that have GN'R HOLY GRAIL written all over them if you ask me!

Izzy: In April, 1995, Duff calls me again: "I'm trying to compose new songs for the guys in GN'R. Come and give me a hand." [...] I'd left Guns but I said to myself: 'Well shit, after all, why not?' Duff and I wrote ten pieces in the space of a week. We even recorded them as demos.

Popular Magazine 2001 wrote:

Izzy: In '95, Duff and me recorded songs for the band [GN'R]. We made a tape that went nowhere. Then, a couple of months ago I have a message on my answering machine: 'Yo! It's Axl, I need a copy of the songs that you did.' There was one called 'Down by the Ocean' or 'Down by the Sea', they may have used it.

• Like 1