2018 CD Leaks Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

I'd love to finally have some complete 2002 pro-shot, as weird as that era was. Plus the MTV rehearsal, although I'm afraid that thing has sort of lost a huge portion of its value (thrilling element) over time; it should have been leaked at least 10 years ago. 

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I'd love to finally have some complete 2002 pro-shot, as weird as that era was. Plus the MTV rehearsal, although I'm afraid that thing has sort of lost a huge portion of its value (thrilling element) over time; it should have been leaked at least 10 years ago. 

Albany, Toronto, Boston, MSG and a few others (small NA run) were all badass gigs that I would LOVE to see in proshot!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DarkLotus1111 said:

I hope so. Could be some pro shoot footage of the 2002 shows too. I know the VMAs 2002 rehearsal exist, yet to leak. Maybe, maybe even CD2? 

I hope we hear back from the Chairman lol curious as to why the silence from the Chairman so suddenly...

There was a rumour on here over last few days about someone on the forums having CD2. Another well connected poster also confirmed that CD2 was mixed before the reunion halted further progress. So I’d say it definitely exists but just not sure if it’s ‘out there’.

7 hours ago, DTJ80 said:

There was a rumour on here over last few days about someone on the forums having CD2. Another well connected poster also confirmed that CD2 was mixed before the reunion halted further progress. So I’d say it definitely exists but just not sure if it’s ‘out there’.

The question is: do we want to hear a GNR album filled with Ashba solos?

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Exactly.

57 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Like with atlas, I also get a strange sense of deja vu from some of the other new songs, like Oklahoma, PRL, Soul Monster, etc.

Maybe it's the "Chinese Demoracy" type of sound that makes you feel familiar with those songs? I mean, the production, processed guitars and keyboards and in some of the other songs, Axl's clean vocals..

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Voodoochild said:

Exactly.

Maybe it's the "Chinese Demoracy" type of sound that makes you feel familiar with those songs? I mean, the production, processed guitars and keyboards and in some of the other songs, Axl's clean vocals..

Yeah that’s probably it, actually. I played atlas for my mother and even she said “it’s funny, cause even tho I’ve never heard this before, I can totally tell it was meant for Chinese Democracy.”

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, F*ck Fear said:

Man, this down time is killing me.

Whens the next leak?:drool:

I don't think we will get a new leak anytime soon. There seems to be nothing out there atm, although I thought the same half a year ago after the HOB/Silkworms/General leaks...

From what I heard, Pitman isn't willing to sell the 2010 CD2 anylonger, because TB is watching him closely now. 

The known leakers will have a hard time leaking songs in the future:

The chairman aka Biff Tannen will think twice about leaking more stuff, I guess TB knows who he is by now.

To my understanding the wrestler has an agreement with TB which prevents him having a hand in any leak scenarios. 

Bagel boy has nothing: no brains, no money, no songs.

Rick is Rick and he is on TB's radar, too.  

Maybe someone will leak the VMA rehearsal.

The next songs that could leak would be finished and mastered songs from the 2010 CD2 album, which will make 2/3 of the next official release imo. Since a 2020 release seems to be a possibility, those leaks could really fuck up those plans...

Be happy with what we have got. So many are way too greedy. They want a new leak 2 weeks after the last one, they want a new live song after the band just added one last week...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, oneway23 said:

I'd like another album of Buckethead/Brain-era material with vocals, please.  I guess that would be what we are calling the "2003" album?  Yes, that...exactly that.

That would be amazing! Best case, though unlikely. I'd imagine CD2 or whatever when released will have some Bucket and Brain left on some of the tracks, like 2008 CD we had a blend of artists. 

30 minutes ago, noonoo said:

I don't think we will get a new leak anytime soon. There seems to be nothing out there atm, although I thought the same half a year ago after the HOB/Silkworms/General leaks...

From what I heard, Pitman isn't willing to sell the 2010 CD2 anylonger, because TB is watching him closely now. 

The known leakers will have a hard time leaking songs in the future:

The chairman aka Biff Tannen will think twice about leaking more stuff, I guess TB knows who he is by now.

To my understanding the wrestler has an agreement with TB which prevents him having a hand in any leak scenarios. 

Bagel boy has nothing: no brains, no money, no songs.

Rick is Rick and he is on TB's radar, too.  

Maybe someone will leak the VMA rehearsal.

The next songs that could leak would be finished and mastered songs from the 2010 CD2 album, which will make 2/3 of the next official release imo. Since a 2020 release seems to be a possibility, those leaks could really fuck up those plans...

Be happy with what we have got. So many are way too greedy. They want a new leak 2 weeks after the last one, they want a new live song after the band just added one last week...

I think some only want new leaks because the Chairman teased more.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, noonoo said:

Pitman was never selling the 2010 album, that was just a lie Rick told.

2 hours ago, F*ck Fear said:

I think some only want new leaks because the Chairman teased more.

The Chairman never promised anything he couldn't provide (so far), so it's expected that we'll get the VMA rehearsal and the TB emails at some point (and whatever else would be on "hard drives galore").

51 minutes ago, Azifwekare said:

Pitman was never selling the 2010 album, that was just a lie Rick told.

I just saw something recently where someone was saying "Pitman and BBF have tons of unreleased GNR tracks and they're looking to sell". 

Nothing could be further from the truth. 

52 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I just saw something recently where someone was saying "Pitman and BBF have tons of unreleased GNR tracks and they're looking to sell". 

It would be a quick way to end ever working with any other artist either in a band setting or studio work on top of the legal issues. I doubt they are that self destructive

14 minutes ago, guitarpatch said:

It would be a quick way to end ever working with any other artist either in a band setting or studio work on top of the legal issues. I doubt they are that self destructive

As if Pitman needed any help on this.

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

I don't know how it works, but did they need to have full tracks with them? I mean, after the 2006 leaks and such, you'd think they would be more careful with this. 

Maybe they had some of their own songs and individual tracks to work on?

I don't think this has been brought up yet -

The version of "Welcome to the Jungle" on the Village Sessions set dated 10/8/2001 was almost certainly recorded for inclusion in the movie Black Hawk Down, which was released theatrically on 1/18/2002.

The music supervisor for the new Ridley Scott movie, Black Hawk Down (due in theaters on January 18th) confirmed to Allstar that that her company had been dealing unsuccessfully with GUNS N' ROSES' reps to include a remake of the song “Welcome To The Jungle” in the soundtrack, due out on January 15th. "I found out that it's incredibly difficult to license GUNS N' ROSES songs," Kathy Nelson told Allstar. "We tried for the rights to the original masters, and then a re-recorded version. We came close, but it just wasn't going to happen." Although Nelson claims that she has no knowledge of the group's internal business, it was previously reported that the song in question was eventually excluded from the movie and the accompanying soundtrack due to legal issues stemming from the fact that old band members (and in particular guitarist Slash) would have had to sign off on it, which is something that vocalist Axl Rose has implied the axeman wasn't willing to do. The track "Minstrel Boy" by ex-THE CLASH frontman Joe Strummer was used instead. (Blabbermouth, 1/9/2002)

Former GUNS N' ROSES members Slash (guitar) and Duff McKagan (bass) have filed a lawsuit against the band's lead singer, Axl Rose, claiming he ripped them off to the tune of at least a million dollars, according to Celebrity Justice.

In the suit, Duff and Slash claim Rose doesn't have any controlling interest in the songs, but they say he killed deals that would have put their tunes in a half dozen movies, including "Just Married", "We Were Soldiers", "Death to Smoochie" and "Old School". In addition, Rose allegedly squashed a deal to allow the producers of the movie "Black Hawk Down" to use the band's huge hit, "Welcome to the Jungle" in the film. Instead, he wanted to re-record it, thereby allegedly cheating his ex-band mates out of the licensing fee. (Blabbermouth, 5/4/2004)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Voodoochild said:

As if Pitman needed any help on this.

I don't know how it works, but did they need to have full tracks with them? I mean, after the 2006 leaks and such, you'd think they would be more careful with this. 

Maybe they had some of their own songs and individual tracks to work on?

That's neither here nor there. I'm certain they have a certain amount of material but neither would "leak" or sell it for any reason.