Live Like a Suicide

ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Atlas Shrugged has leaked in full.

While many are talking about it in the CD leaks discussion thread, this one will provide an opportunity to focus on conversations separate from any new developments which may otherwise bury discussion there.

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

Some great ideas and sounds in there but the editing is a mess. Definitely sounds like someone dicked around with the song before leaking.

• Like 3

But it's a different version to the cellphone-clip, isn't it? At 1:25 there is a guitar missing which was in the 1 min 15 clip.

On the other side - great great song!

• Like 4

I don't think we'll see Slash play on this one. 

Edit: It's a grower.

Edited by LukeFC

That intro, along with the first verse, is as good as anything I’ve heard from Guns.

Edited by Dean
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Lipfel said:

But it's a different version to the cellphone-clip, isn't it? At 1:25 there is a guitar missing which was in the 1 min 15 clip.

On the other side - great great song!

It's also missing the synth from the cellphone clip (right at the end of the clip, after "what it takes to be a man", that synth isn't in this version).

On 2nd listen, growing on me.

Brians guitar tone distinctive as always. this sounds different enough from the cell clip to make me think there are at least 2 versions of this out there somewhere.

These two months will be remembered for a long time.

• Like 3

That fuzzy Brian May solo gave me chills. Great, poppy track. CD needed more songs like this imo.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Amir said:

It's also missing the synth from the cellphone clip (right at the end of the clip, after "what it takes to be a man", that synth isn't in this version).

:-D I think that's the guitar line (with effects) I was talking about. Could very well be synth aswell, hard to say

Just now, Mangler said:

Yeah, it really does, it's a great track. 

Really does. Wish Mr May had joined

The drums are so prominent in this mix

• Like 1

The first minute or so sounds like it's building to something epic but then falls flat. Cool drums at the start though.

• Like 2

I'm not hearing these Brian May contributions peple are talking about, to my ears, the solo is clearly BBF as there are fretless parts. The Brian May sounding lead from the cell phone leak seems to be missing on this version xD

2 minutes ago, Chris.h11 said:

I'm not hearing these Brian May contributions peple are talking about, to my ears, the solo is clearly BBF as there are fretless parts. The Brian May sounding lead from the cell phone leak seems to be missing on this version xD

Is this a troll post?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Chris.h11 said:

Part from 3:18 is signature May sound.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Chris.h11 said:

Evidently, you’ve never listened to Queen then!