ATLAS SHRUGGED - Full Leak Discussion Thread **NO LINKS, NO ASKING / HINTING FOR LEAKS**

Such potential! I'm starting to wonder though if this is correct order of how the song is arranged. The edits are too crude to be professional and the way it jumps makes me think sections have been moved or removed prior to the leak. It wouldn't surprise me if the actual song, if ever released, is longer and there are missing parts are being withheld by the leakers.

• Like 1

The "follow your heart" part kind of reminds me of Sweet Home Alabama for 2 seconds.

Man like, this stuff sounds SO representative of how "rock" sounded in the mid/late 90s.  I've always thought TWAT and Prostitute sounded WAY mid/late 90s (could totally have heard Prostitute on VH1 Pop Up Video). 

• Like 2

I was expecting a Twat-like epic. This does absolutely nothing for me. I can't even pick a melody out afterwards. I don't get it. 

And the vocals, I just don't get it. Not the fact that they're clean/not raspy/classic etc. But he sounds like he's singing underwater in another room with a bunch of whatever pro tools gimmickery going on. Are you supposed to be able to figure a lyric out? The strong clean voice at the start of SoD or Prostitute verses is beautiful. This sounds like a robot. 

Sorry to Dexter if he reads this. I didn't like Twat or Better when they leaked and Chinese is my favourite album ever so maybe i'll love this later. 

Edited by Jordan Rose
  • Like 2

I really really like where the song takes us ... it's different from everything done by GNR before iMO and I even like the aspect that it's not that ambitious ... it's just a plain and cool "classic hard rock" track. IT IS GREAT TO BE LESS PRETENTIOUS sometimes ... 

I understand why it wasn't in Chinese though but in an upcoming record I can see it totally being part of it. GOING DOWN, HARDSCHOOL and ATLAS SHRUGGED together and finished had more chances of pleasing a wider audience than 90% of Chinese Democracy songs.

I feel somehow less industrial and more adventurous in this song particularly. And indeed the description of being a Catcher in the Rye extension of style into prog is very coherent to what I have heard.

• Like 1

I don't think it's good enough to warrant Slash and Duffs input. A song like Hard School, yes. That one had the potential to be something great and is too good to linger as an unreleased demo. But Atlas? It's nice enough, but I can't imagine anyone losing any sleep if a new GNR album dropped in 2-3 years and this wasn't on it.

Edited by Towelie

I like the vibe of the song more than I like it as a whole. Nice melody, I like the drums. The song doesn't really go anywhere and at least this version of it sounds rough and unfinished. Catcher is 1000 times better imo.

Hardschool is much better as well. Still, I've only listened to it once, maybe it'll grow on me with repeated listens. Cool to hear May's solo but it's not as good as his work on Catcher imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

On 2nd listen, growing on me.

Brians guitar tone distinctive as always. this sounds different enough from the cell clip to make me think there are at least 2 versions of this out there somewhere.

These two months will be remembered for a long time.

Theres 4 versions out there

• Confused 1