Jump to content
sofine11

Hard School on GNR's setlist!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Towelie said:

For some reason I thought you were Antipodean!

 

Ah! Probably because back in the day of the old yellow MJNI board I visited a couple Smooth Criminals in Sydney and Canberra. 

Quite impressed I typed that on my phone after nine hours of drinking and forcing unsuspecting and uncooperative fuckers to listen to Hard School and Atlas +6db*

Quite chuffed I managed to type that too! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Yeah, but how often does Axl soundcheck a song?

Less often than Nassim Harramein soundchecks the Universe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

Rumor has it they don’t play it cause it’s about Slash, according to someone on this forum (can’t remember who exactly it was who said it but supposedly @RussTCB heard that rumor from somewhere too).

They play Sorry and the line "shut up and sing" is something Axl said Slash had said to him, so... I'm not sure if this holds too much water. I'd say they just chose to play other songs or simply forgot about it. It had been out of rotation for a while by the time the whole NITL thing came about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

They play Sorry and the line "shut up and sing" is something Axl said Slash had said to him, so... I'm not sure if this holds too much water. I'd say they just chose to play other songs or simply forgot about it. It had been out of rotation for a while by the time the whole NITL thing came about.

Good points, yeah. Axl said it was one of his favorites in 2006 tho. You’d think they’d play it all the time for that reason alone.

17 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

they actually never played it lol
they could posibily not even play hard school

I think the person you quoted was just joking there.

Edited by rocknroll41

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

Yeah, but how often does Axl soundcheck a song?

Plenty!! Twenty times when he's working for Angus! 

When he's working for himself he soundchecks 20 Rustler Burgers. Ping! 

Edited by Jordan Rose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Uncle Bob said:

they actually never played it lol
they could posibily not even play hard school

Thats what im saying, axl could list every single unreleased CD song and do a set of all AFD,LIES, & UYI songs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm thinking that Hard School is one of those songs from the 94-96 sessions that Sorum had mentioned. He did say that there were 14 songs. 7 were completed. Another 7 that were being worked on. I wouldn't be surprised if this was one of the songs being worked on at the time. It just has too much of a classic GNR vibe to it compared to the rest of the songs for CD.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, sl4yer said:

Hard School is my favorite GNR song. If they will play it live and Axl won’t suck and if they will release it with proper mastering and Slash tone I will be in heaven.

A song that's only available via crappy leaked versions and was performed by AXL during a time when his voice was not the same as it once was is your favorite GN'R song? WTF?

Some people strive waaaay to hard to be different. New Era GN'R millennials baffle me....

Edited by thunderram
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, thunderram said:

A song that's only available via crappy leaked versions and was performed by AXL during a time when his voice was not the same as it once was is your favorite GN'R song? WTF?

Some people strive waaaay to hard to be different. New Era GN'R millennials baffle me....

and some people just have a hard time accepting someone else's valid opinion

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thunderram said:

A song that's only available via crappy leaked versions and was performed by AXL during a time when his voice was not the same as it once was is your favorite GN'R song? WTF?

Some people strive waaaay to hard to be different. New Era GN'R millennials baffle me....

Get the fuck out, Axl sounds great on Hard School, if it's his favourite GN'R song, so what? It's a cool track, great vocal melodies, shave your mullet, you snob. "New Era GN'R millennials", What's next, you gonna call me a noob? :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing is, if they do play it live, Axl will have to introduce it, right? 
And when he does, will he go something like "this is a new song that is not exactly new though, as some of you downloading sons of bitches already know"? 
But one way or the other, the media will have to go "a new song introduced at the gig", and then they won’t be able to not mention the rest of the leaks, one would imagine... so the attention will eventually be drawn to it anyway. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The thing is, if they do play it live, Axl will have to introduce it, right? 
And when he does, will he go something like "this is a new song that is not exactly new though, as some of you downloading sons of bitches already know"? 
But one way or the other, the media will have to go "a new song introduced at the gig", and then they won’t be able to not mention the rest of the leaks, one would imagine... so the attention will eventually be drawn to it anyway. 

That’s what I really don’t understand about this whole thing. If Axl and team weren’t happy about the leaks why would they embrace it by adding it to the set? Doesn’t make a lick of sense to me. I’d love to hear it live more than any other song at the moment but again, what is it really doing there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

That’s what I really don’t understand about this whole thing. If Axl and team weren’t happy about the leaks why would they embrace it by adding it to the set? Doesn’t make a lick of sense to me. I’d love to hear it live more than any other song at the moment but again, what is it really doing there?

Well if they were planning on adding a new song to the setlist anyway, why not add a song that's already out there and was well received by the fanbase.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

Well if they were planning on adding a new song to the setlist anyway, why not add a song that's already out there and was well received by the fanbase.

Which would inevitably draw attention to the leaks, see my post above. 

17 minutes ago, Ratbrain said:

set-list-guns-tl.jpg

This is like 2014, what of it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Which would inevitably draw attention to the leaks, see my post above. 

This is like 2014, what of it? 

They never played Going Down or Oh My God even though they were on the setlist. Not sure of the date that Going Down leaked or when it was put on the set list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ratbrain said:

They never played Going Down or Oh My God even though they were on the setlist. Not sure of the date that Going Down leaked or when it was put on the set list.

Oh that, sure. It definitely could be the case of Perfect Crime - put on the playlist, never to be played live. In fact, I can't see Axl doing Locomotive these days. Coma, in comparison, is easy. 

Edited by jamillos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jamillos said:

Oh that, sure. It definitely could be the case of Perfect Crime - put on the playlist, never to be played live. In fact, I can't see Axl doing Locomotive these days. Coma, in comparison, is easy. 

Bumblefoot was telling people Going Down was a Freddy King cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, jamillos said:

 In fact, I can't see Axl doing Locomotive these days. Coma, in comparison, is easy. 

No way. Coma is a far harder song to sing than Locomotive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

No way. Coma is a far harder song to sing than Locomotive.

Apart from the ending, which you still can split up to chunks so that you can breathe - which Axl has been doing - Locomotive has way less space for breathing in in many parts. It's not about rasp here but solely the breating aspect. Just one step away from Don't Damn Me. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ratbrain said:

They never played Going Down or Oh My God even though they were on the setlist. Not sure of the date that Going Down leaked or when it was put on the set list.

I don't get the logic behind this. So because they didnt play those "new" songs when they were in their lowest point, the same will apply now, even though the band is in a suscessful trend and both Slash and Duff (major members, dont compare them to Pitman or even Bumble) already confirmed that there's been new recordings?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jamillos said:

Which would inevitably draw attention to the leaks, see my post above. 

Yeah yeah, I get your point. But if they were planning on playing a new song anyway, what should they do? Not play anything because songs happened to leak? That would suck. Play something that hasn't leaked? Then there would be even less unheard material on the next record. Besides, even if they played some new tune that hasn't leaked, the media would probably mention the leaks anyway.

Not playing anything new would probably be the only way to avoid too much buzz around the leaks. But maybe the whole reason why they even decided to tour now is cause they thought it was the right time to play a new song and maybe even reveal the album name or something. Should they just forget the whole plan cause of the leaks? That wouldn't make much sense either.  

Edited by Lies They Tell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

yay im so psyched im defo buying a ticket now b/c of this songs possible inclusion 

Not sure if Troll

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×