Who is The King of Rock N Roll ?

oldnews

I was just thinking about this the other day, and I'd argue, keith richards

what other classic guitarist, responsible for so many great rock licks and popularising a peculiar tuning is alive today?

I don't buy the chuck berry nomination. all his songs are johny be goode variations. chuck, important as he is in the evolution of rock n roll, really was a one trick pony. Keef is much more versatile and interesting. 

Edited by action

I'm not saying he was necessarily the best. But out of that list Chuck Berry did the most for rock and roll. 

Carl Perkins, to me, is rockabilly. Not rock and roll. 

Speaking of kings and rock..... Axl does remind me of later days of Robert Baratheon.

3 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

Keef all the way

Keith isn't a king. He's above and beyond any of that. Keith Richards is the farther, son and holy ghost of rock. 

Edited by username
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I would consider Bill Haley as the godfather of rock n roll.  Rock Around the Clock is widely considered the first rock n roll song.

Hot damn, what a track. Just listened to it yesterday actually. That cut has one of my favorite guitar solos of all time. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lame ass security said:

Let's not forget the Killer, Jerry Lee Lewis.

Ever heard Live at the Star Club?  Its the best live album you will ever hear.

22 hours ago, lame ass security said:

I would consider Bill Haley as the godfather of rock n roll.  Rock Around the Clock is widely considered the first rock n roll song.

Rocket 88 by Jackie Brenston and his Delta Cats (a stage name of Ike Turner) is considered the first rock n roll song.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Len Cnut said:

Ever heard Live at the Star Club?  Its the best live album you will ever hear.

Rocket 88 by Jackie Brenston and his Delta Cats (a stage name of Ike Turner) is considered the first rock n roll song.

Maybe Rock Around the Clock was the first rock n roll song that was a hit, not sure.  Oddly enough, Bill Haley recorded a cover of Rocket 88.

10 minutes ago, lame ass security said:

Maybe Rock Around the Clock was the first rock n roll song that was a hit, not sure.  Oddly enough, Bill Haley recorded a cover of Rocket 88.

Check out Live at the Star Club, you’ll love me afterwards.  I don’t mean to be pushy...but I am so that’s how it comes across.