Will Guns cancel the 2020 shows due to COVID-19? Update: tour has been paused

4 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I always thought for postponed shows the original ticket owner has first right of refusal or they can get a full refund at point of purchase. That really sucks if that's not the case. Borderline illegal...

I'm pretty sure it is illegal? If you change the date I'm sure you have to offer ticket purchasers the option of a refund. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I always thought for postponed shows the original ticket owner has first right of refusal or they can get a full refund at point of purchase. That really sucks if that's not the case. Borderline illegal...

You’re right. That was the policy the day before all of the show cancellations / postponements.  This is a new policy for COVID-19. It’s Ticketmaster’s form of price gouging - akin to asshole’s selling Purell and Clorox wipes for $50

Hope the media picks up on what TM is doing 

27 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

I'm pretty sure it is illegal? If you change the date I'm sure you have to offer ticket purchasers the option of a refund. 

It was until COVID-19. I’ve spent hours on the phone with Ticketmaster and they will not budge. Their message: we are offering no refunds. If you can’t go, sell the ticket. It’s completely outrageous

• Wow 1

23 minutes ago, nycgunner said:

You’re right. That was the policy the day before all of the show cancellations / postponements.  This is a new policy for COVID-19. It’s Ticketmaster’s form of price gouging - akin to asshole’s selling Purell and Clorox wipes for $50

Hope the media picks up on what TM is doing 

It was until COVID-19. I’ve spent hours on the phone with Ticketmaster and they will not budge. Their message: we are offering no refunds. If you can’t go, sell the ticket. It’s completely outrageous

That's incredible. Surely the terms of when you bought the ticket originally apply? 

You should contact a couple of news outlets and tell them the details- it sounds absolutely shocking, and the story would definitely get picked up on. 

Bojo could pass a law in UK over 70s too stay in doors also Scotland too close schools for 4 months England & Wales nx

The London shows fall right when this Virus is going too peak im sure sure it will get postponed

So people basically risked their health and, by and large, potentially lives of some (especially the elderly), and all this just to see a 4-year old same playlist. Yes, Axl made an effort in singing, but in general, it was a dick move from the band. So what if they cancelled? They’d have to pay a fee – and? One would think such thing shouldn’t be a problem with all the money they’ve made since 2016. It’s like they have no conscience.

Am I being too hysterical? Maybe yes. It’s not black death after all, it’s just a fucking flu, albeit a harsh one. But look what’s happening around the world. 
I would have pulled the plug on the Mexico show. 

A thing to consider though: what if GNR had canceled? Would all these people have magically disappeared? Or would they have been there either way? I'm just thinking of an event that was canceled here earlier this week and was set to take place last night. The organizer was pretty pissed and said there would be 15000 people coming, and many of them from abroad. So he argued that those several thousands of people would be around anyway, since they flew here, and that they would still look for a place to party together.

Since that was a few days ago, measures have gone up here considerably, of course. But not so in Mexico. So I wonder what all those people would have done if GNR had canceled.

I'm not saying GNR did the right thing. I don't really know, but I don't think it's as black and white. I think in these cases, the government should take matters in control, as they've done so in many, many countries now. Cancel the evnt and tell people to stay away. In the second place it's up to the organizers. I don't think it's fair to just call GNR greedy and selfish assholes. It's not that simple.

Oh, and if people risked their lives, it's also on themselves. I don't see how it would be different if they'd played Hardschool or Think About You. I'm sure most people don't care that much about those. I think people got a good show, and everyone on the forum agreed until they didn't play Hardschool :lol: So if they don't get sick, I think they won't regret going.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gavin82 said:

Bojo could pass a law in UK over 70s too stay in doors also Scotland too close schools for 4 months England & Wales nx

The London shows fall right when this Virus is going too peak im sure sure it will get postponed

Not saying I disagree that those step will at some point happen but unless you've sources for those claims perhaps don't spread speculation/fake news.

As the London show is in the suspected peak I would assume it'll be pushed back to a later date. However the Killers are optimistic their UK our will go ahead in may so who knows?

29 minutes ago, DTJ80 said:

As the gig thread is currently locked, how were the band? Was it a strong vocal performance?

Band was tight as ever, Axl sounded good, crowd looked amazing.

Only new song from the rehearsal was so fine.

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Am I being too hysterical? Maybe yes. It’s not black death after all, it’s just a fucking flu, albeit a harsh one. But look what’s happening around the world. 
I would have pulled the plug on the Mexico show. 

Large gatherings like a concert are essentially no more of a risk than going to the pub.

As others have mentioned if they weren't at the gig they'd have gone to a bar or a club.

3 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Band was tight as ever, Axl sounded good, crowd looked amazing.

Only new song from the rehearsal was so fine.

Cool - yeah, I know HS and PTD weren’t played at the actual gig.....I think it’s likely we WILL get them at the rescheduled gigs. Hopefully there was a stream from last night. 👍

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Large gatherings like a concert are essentially no more of a risk than going to the pub.

As others have mentioned if they weren't at the gig they'd have gone to a bar or a club.

There is a cluster of 42 infected people in Berlin from just one nightclub. Yeah, right pretty safe.

Just now, loko said:

There is a cluster of 42 infected people in Berlin from just one nightclub. Yeah, right pretty safe.

If it's not safe, government should lock down bars, clubs, restaurants...

Crowded spaces = high risk

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Lio said:

A thing to consider though: what if GNR had canceled? Would all these people have magically disappeared? Or would they have been there either way? I'm just thinking of an event that was canceled here earlier this week and was set to take place last night. The organizer was pretty pissed and said there would be 15000 people coming, and many of them from abroad. So he argued that those several thousands of people would be around anyway, since they flew here, and that they would still look for a place to party together.

Since that was a few days ago, measures have gone up here considerably, of course. But not so in Mexico. So I wonder what all those people would have done if GNR had canceled.

I'm not saying GNR did the right thing. I don't really know, but I don't think it's as black and white. I think in these cases, the government should take matters in control, as they've done so in many, many countries now. Cancel the evnt and tell people to stay away. In the second place it's up to the organizers. I don't think it's fair to just call GNR greedy and selfish assholes. It's not that simple.

Oh, and if people risked their lives, it's also on themselves. I don't see how it would be different if they'd played Hardschool or Think About You. I'm sure most people don't care that much about those. I think people got a good show, and everyone on the forum agreed until they didn't play Hardschool :lol: So if they don't get sick, I think they won't regret going.

Yes, and their government didn't, so the band should have imo. The people just wouldn't have travelled there. And those who would have would not gather in such masses. 
If at least they played something new as promised (I know, I know, it was only supposed to start with the EU gigs, I remember that nonsensical excuse), the risks would be the same but it would have been more worth it, let's say. 
I don't know. Again, I would expect them to be wiser than the government in this case. Why is everything else getting cancelled in other countries? Just for fun? 

Well, it's happened. And Axl sounded good.