Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

Really enjoying all the catch up with this news keep up the good work CSI team :lol:   It might be a crazy question but would it no be insane to have a tribute GNR act and the real GNR so close to each other at the same time ?  If I spent money going to see Hollywood roses then read this I would pay whatever to see the real deal. 

1 hour ago, Axl_morris said:

saltzy was right

I have no idea who is right, wrong, or sideways at this point.  Love this shit or hate it, it is INCREDIBLE that in an age where people cannot fart in public without having it posted on 12 different blogs and websites that no one, not a single fucker out there has any actual, tangible evidence that the biggest rock concert possible is or is not happening 48 hours before it may or may not happen.  Simply incredible.

Thank bloody Christ this is the last day where we don't know already, because this is completely destroying my brain function.

In other news, as I was walking out of my office last night I was pulled off to the side and told that my boss just resigned and how much they are gonna be relying on me now.  In other words,  I have this place by the balls and I'm not even sure how they could tell me I can't go if I want to, which they wont, should there be a show, and I get a ticket, and a flight, and book a room somewhere.  Again, all if  GnR announce today they are playing a LA club show, and my RnR HOF buddy PM's me can get me in.  Cause that's a fucking thing that happens.

Like someone else said, my brain is starting to hurt.

18 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

I have no idea who is right, wrong, or sideways at this point.  Love this shit or hate it, it is INCREDIBLE that in an age where people cannot fart in public without having it posted on 12 different blogs and websites that no one, not a single fucker out there has any actual, tangible evidence that the biggest rock concert possible is or is not happening 48 hours before it may or may not happen.  Simply incredible.

Thank bloody Christ this is the last day where we don't know already, because this is completely destroying my brain function.

In other news, as I was walking out of my office last night I was pulled off to the side and told that my boss just resigned and how much they are gonna be relying on me now.  In other words,  I have this place by the balls and I'm not even sure how they could tell me I can't go if I want to, which they wont, should there be a show, and I get a ticket, and a flight, and book a room somewhere.  Again, all if  GnR announce today they are playing a LA club show, and my RnR HOF buddy PM's me can get me in.  Cause that's a fucking thing that happens.

Like someone else said, my brain is starting to hurt.

My brain hurts as well.

As I've said all along, I'm really pulling for you. That would be a once in a lifetime experience. Hope you get in if it happens!

1 minute ago, gunsfanoldie said:

My brain hurts as well.

As I've said all along, I'm really pulling for you. That would be a once in a lifetime experience. Hope you get in if it happens!

Thanks dude.  I would kill a kitten to just find out one way or the other already.  A small, cute, cuddy kitten.

2 hours ago, Gold top 78 said:

Really enjoying all the catch up with this news keep up the good work CSI team :lol:   It might be a crazy question but would it no be insane to have a tribute GNR act and the real GNR so close to each other at the same time ?  If I spent money going to see Hollywood roses then read this I would pay whatever to see the real deal. 

I don't think its "insane". Its ironic, but honestly its maybe the best thing that could happen for fans. People will know BEFORE Hollywood Roses whether Guns is playing the Troubadour. If they are, then you know the Whiskey is just a tribute band, which is nice to get confirmed. And then if you don't get tickets to the Troubadour and are still "high" on thinking you were going to see Guns, you could get your fix by seeing the tribute show. In the end, the Whiskey show would only serve to alleviate fans, not hurt them.

I agree, it would be funny to have the REAL band and tribute band playing in the same area, but it happens all the time in NYC. I guess its just not usually a band that hasn't played together in over 20 years.

3 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

I don't think its "insane". Its ironic, but honestly its maybe the best thing that could happen for fans. People will know BEFORE Hollywood Roses whether Guns is playing the Troubadour. If they are, then you know the Whiskey is just a tribute band, which is nice to get confirmed. And then if you don't get tickets to the Troubadour and are still "high" on thinking you were going to see Guns, you could get your fix by seeing the tribute show. In the end, the Whiskey show would only serve to alleviate fans, not hurt them.

I agree, it would be funny to have the REAL band and tribute band playing in the same area, but it happens all the time in NYC. I guess its just not usually a band that hasn't played together in over 20 years.

Thanks I suppose insane wasn't the right word :lol:I wasn't sure if it was something that happened much with 2 bands like that. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LikeADog93 said:

To anybody attending, please please please film as much as you can on your phones!! It would be much appreciated from all us folks who live far away and can't be there :) 

+1

moreover, it's rock history in the making

I can't be there but I so, so want it to happen. The real GNR starting the tour in a small club like Troubadour, hell, YES!!!! The last time we could see them there was... 1986? 

And to all those offended moaners and winers who have to be "the first" as if they were still in kindergarten. no offense, but I want it to happen all the more because of you. People you are over 5 years old, so behave adequately. That elementary school style tantrums (but I wanted to be the first, you promised me and now John, and Teddy, and Jeenny will see it all before me so I don't want it anymore) are so embarassing really, it's weakening. I mean, grow up, mature, you're about to see GNR together onstage after 23 years, something that nobody even dreamed would ever happen a year ago! So shut the fuck up and enjoy!

Have fun everyone, record, record and post on you tube for all of us!

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Asia said:

I can't be there but I so, so want it to happen. The real GNR starting the tour in a small club like Troubadour, hell, YES!!!! The last time we could see them there was... 1986? 

And to all those offended moaners and winers who have to be "the first" as if they were still in kindergarten. no offense, but I want it to happen all the more because of you. People you are over 5 years old, so behave adequately. That elementary school style tantrums (but I wanted to be the first, you promised me and now John, and Teddy, and Jeenny will see it all before me so I don't want it anymore) are so embarassing really, it's weakening. I mean, grow up, mature, you're about to see GNR together onstage after 23 years, something that nobody even dreamed would ever happen a year ago! So shut the fuck up and enjoy!

Have fun everyone, record, record and post on you tube for all of us!

I agree with you to be honest and I gotta add something that may offend but it isn't a shot at you directly or anything:

When the subject has come up about pics & video from Vegas, many have been pretty selfish about it. I've seen tons of posts from Vegas attendees with a "too bad so sad" attitude. Stuff like "I'M GONNA KEEP MY PHONE IN MY POCKET AND ENJOY THE SHOW!". That's all fine and good, but it's funny to me that so many people are now expecting anyone who might be able to attend the secret show to do the same for them. 

Not trying to start shit, but I just wanted to mention it. It just bums me out to see people pretty much tell others no about pics & video of one show, then turn around and basically demand it from others because it's a show they can't attend.

• Like 4