Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

12 hours ago, Billsfan said:

He's played aside 3 guitar players before. I'm sure he'd be ok with it

Yeah for an appearance, not full time..  While someone else plays his music the whole time.  Slash certainly isn't ok with it. 

• Like 1

Ferrer will not be taking part in tomorrow’s show (perhaps he is busy rehearsing for GN’R’s upcoming April shows) and will be replaced by Franklin Vanderbilt.

Interesting.

Edited by IkaruFunk

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

Yeah for an appearance, not full time..  While someone else plays his music the whole time.  Slash certainly isn't ok with it. 

Thought Myles had a guitar sometimes? Either way Izzy is down to only guest appearances right now and I just don't think it'll make them sound worse either way.

16 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Thought Myles had a guitar sometimes? Either way Izzy is down to only guest appearances right now and I just don't think it'll make them sound worse either way.

Myles did do that for pieces of a song here and there. Not for whole songs or shows. I think he played the 3 chords during Slash's Rocket Queen solos and maybe once in a while during some of Slash's other long solos because he is bored. He did play a good amount on "Nothing To Say" as well when they did that... 99% of the time he is not playing guitar though. My point was that Slash is all set with being in a band that has 3 full time guitarists.. Otherwise there would be 3 in the band now. Unless you are Lynyrd Skynyrd it is just dumb..

55 minutes ago, maynard said:

Yeah, I think we have a lineup, finally. It's the UYI lineup with Frank and Richard replacing Matt and Gilby. Not Slash and Duff joining NuGNr or whatever crap Axl fans like to believe.

No! Because where is Tracy, Roberta and Teddy? With these three gone it is actually equally less like the UYI lineup as it is the last CD lineup (three gone from that, too). Just joking, I couldn't give a shit and neither should you. This is obviously a new lineup of old and new. Time to be excited what this merging of talents can bring :)

This post was nevertheless just a scaffold for me posting something I learnt in "school" today, which is that "Axl is essential for intrinsic tumour immune evasion," "Axl suppresses the innate immune system response" and that "Axl inhibits dendritic cell inflammatory responses". Pretty cool, huh?

1 hour ago, Harry Sunrise said:

This is not the official Frank Ferrer facebook page.

Yeah no shit? That's his facebook PROFILE.

7 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe he just forgot to remove it, or he's deliberately fucking with the fans because he knows we don't want him in

16 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It doesn't look like he updates his twitter everyday though, he hasn't tweeted since March 11th.

Maybe he was kicked out recently?

23 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

We have known for quite some time this isn't an AFD reunion, or a UYI reunion. This is a reunion between Axl and Slash. And to most people this should be awesone enough in itself. As far as the lienup goes we have something entirely new that is neither an old lineup or a nuGuns lineup, it is a merging of the, hopefully, best of both. Instead of complaining, complaining, complaining, maybe we should appreciate the awesomeness of hearing Axl sing to Slash's lead guitar again, enjoy the propect of Slash playing lead to the best rhythm guitarist he has ever played with, and the sound of Duff and Frank making the backbeat? There is a lot to look forward to. This is a brand new chapter of Guns N' Fucking Roses.

I have been pretty vocal about my disappointment with what is happening, but it is what is is. Now is the time to embrace what is awesome about what is happening, and that isn't nothing. Stop whining.

No one is telling you to stop ball washing. This has the potential to be great or suck. It could go either way.. This personally isn't what I was hoping for when I bought the tickets.. I bought them on the chance I would get to see the original band again. (yes I realize that was never promised) I could give a rats ass about hearing Slash play with Fortus or any backbeat that Frank has anything to do with.. I just want it to sound like Guns N' Roses, not like the crap NuGuns has been spitting out.

Slash and Duff always said if they were going to do it, it would have to be with the original line-up. They are letting a lot of people down they way they are going about this whole thing.. If Izzy, didn't want to be part of it, then fine. But it is starting to look like that isn't the case and they didn't even ask him which is fucked up.. 

If Axl comes out looking and sounding like he usually has the last 15 years than this is all too late. If he sounds like ass the novelty is going to wear off real fast. If he somehow miraculously sounds killer (which I am hoping for) then it could be awesome.. Having Izzy or Steven there would make up for some of his shortcomings..

If Axl comes out Fat, winded and sounding like a dead cat with this line up then this is all 10 years too late.. I would rather see Slash,Izzy,Duff, Steven and some random singer in theaters than that.

People aren't just bitching to bitch. We care tremendously about this band and want it to be as great as it can be. To a lot of us, this just isn't it.

All that said, I am still hopeful this lineup can prove me wrong. I'll be at the first show in Vegas which will be a special night in it's own right. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

How old are Ferrer and Fortus?

According to Wikipedia they are both 49. Turning 50 this year.

Essentially, they are old enough to have been in a successful band of their own, did not have luck with that, and are now the same age as old Guns members and playing their music on a "reunion" tour.

• Like 2