Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I'm more shocked (but totally ok) with the fact that they're only doing two guitars. I thought for sure Izzy, Gilby, or Kushner would be filling the slot along Slash and Richard.

So glad the probability of Shitman really being gone is even higher now. And I still have faith Izzy can easily show up at these gigs. No way Del and Jarmo would follow him on Twitter if his being out was a done deal. And Steven has to be in at least to some extent or he would have cried a river and/or ODed by now. Things are looking good, and I'm feeling more positive vibes about these shows than I was a week ago.

Let's hope for more reasons to stay positive. Keep the faith my friends ✌️

Edited by Bobbo

The fact that we got basically a confirmation of the lineup and Slash posting a pic of a new guitar leads me to get my hopes for a somewhat big announcement today or tomorrow. Probably way too optimistic, but IMO it's possible.

9 hours ago, smoking guns said:

This is a good lineup and allows for Izzy, Sorum, and Adler to easily make appearances.  This is huge if only 2 guitar players... That means Izzy can easily come back at ANY time. 

I agree.  I mean, of course I'd want Izzy permanently in this lineup.  That's not happening though and this lineup seems to leave room for him to play some shows

It's not ideal, but it's good

• Like 2

I think he should play that guitar on CD era songs only and maybe Slither if they cover it since it is named after a snake. 

I want to see the gold top for SCOM and Estranged. Black LP for PC and all his bursts for the rest of the show. The double neck for Dead Horse, KOHD, and Civil War maybe. 

This was posted in the comments too - hopefully someone better at posting the social media stuff can fix it up.

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10206642206668721&id=1079394695&set=p.10206642206668721&source=47

Slash and Richard guitar picks.

On second thought, it's probably someone who has unrelated Slash and Richard picks taking the picture based on the one Slash posted the other day.

Edited by James Bond
I had second thoughts after the excitement wore off.

6 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

It's his new Facebook profile pic. It was put up yesterday. I've never seen it before but it looks like it was professionally done. Can't tell if it's your related or not..

Ah, I thought you meant a pro shot video or something. I doubt that photo is GNR related though. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, IkaruFunk said:

Ah, I thought you meant a pro shot video or something. I doubt that photo is GNR related though. 

Yeah maybe if we could get a new pic from another band member or two there'll be a case there. 

On a side not, slashs pic is definitely GNR rehearsal related