Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

Those pics make me wish I could go even more. :(

But here is something new, look!

CdP4jDQUIAEVeTe.jpg:large

Both Slash and Duff posted this. It could be a message, look at the top "23 Original hits by the original stars"!!!

Edited by Babooshka

6 hours ago, tsinindy said:

Actually yes it is about him.  It's about every fan who made a decision to spend the money that they are asking to go see them on the premise that this is the first show as I've already pointed out.  So in that sense it is about him (or her)...honey.

?

5 hours ago, smoking guns said:

I am going to have to spell this shit out one more fucking time it looks like.

1) I too bought tickets for Coachella.  Since then, I had to cancel hotels, flights, and sell the tickets (pretty stressful but not horrible).  I didn't want to go to Coachella, but I wanted to see GNR.  So when Vegas came up and it was earlier it was a no brainer.  I am now going to both shows (at vegas) for the same price it was for me to go to one show at Coachella.  At the time Coachella was the only date announced so we assumed it would be the first show because nothing else was announced.  So they hype it up big time then announce Vegas, but it was still way in advance.  It was kind of dirty because many GNR fans like myself made an oath to themselves to go anywhere at any time to see the first reunited or SLASH/AXL show.  I was willing to go to SA or Europe for this too...  So it was kind of a fuck you for all these GNR non festival types to buy tix then announce an earlier show.  Ok whatever.

2) VEGAS IS ADVERTISED AS THE FIRST SHOW IN 23 YEARS WITH SLASH, AXL, AND DUFF.  It was in the fucking commercial for the show.  Everyone knows this.  They are one of the first acts in a brand new arena.  This was part of the whole marketing campaign. 

3) Now with less than a month to go, to perform another show prior to the one that was already made prior to the original reunion would be pretty disgusting in my opinion. THE MAIN REASON the tickets are so fucking high for Vegas is it is supposed to be the first show.  Somebody has to be first and that always gets the most hype etc.  They can do a small club show after Coachella for the hard core LA fans etc.  But they need to just keep their word and honor the fucking advertisement then they can do whatever the fuck they want.  But any appearance PRIOR to the vegas shows WILL reduce demand, ESPECIALLY, if Axl sounds like shit at any show prior to Vegas.  Tickets would soon drop to face value if not less and it would be just another show.  They don't need a club show honestly.  It isn't warranted. They need every damn day they have left to rehearse and be a well oiled machine.  For once GNR needs to do what they fuck they said they are going to do and blow our minds. 

4) Instead of a secret show, release a new song featuring Duff and Slash... That will build hype for all the shows, not just Vegas...

5) The official advertising for this show: History will be made in April when Guns N’ Roses - featuring the iconic lineup of Axl RoseSlash and Duff McKagan - regroup for the first time in 23 years on the T-Mobile Arena stage. After announcing that they will headline Coachella, the band has now confirmed the very first place the world can see their historical return will be on the Las Vegas Strip, where they will perform a two-night rock spectacular at the brand new T-Mobile Arena. Guns N’ Roses will perform Friday, April 8 and Saturday, April 9.

Every time posters start making me cringe and be embarrassed to be part of the GnR and forum fanbase along comes a post like this to remind me that this forum does in fact have some great posters. 

While one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch....one great post like this can add enough logic and common sense to overcome all the bad apples. 

Thank you Smoking Guns. Best post I've read on the forum in 2016. 

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

that doesn't look like axl. 

It's a dude with long red hair. Sitting beside a guy who looks like Del. At an event where Slash is. 

40 minutes ago, Kosonen said:

That does look like Del....more and more I look at it, oh my god its Axl lol. What the fuck is that black thing on "axls" head? 

I think the black thing belongs to the guy behind him. Part of his shirt or maybe a big beard. 

37 minutes ago, AslatIE said:

Am I the only one who thinks that he looks like our friendly super man Pitman?

I do too actually. But we all know pitman is angry at slash for stealing the spotlight from him during this upcoming reunion tour..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Babooshka said:

Those pics make me wish I could go even more. :(

But here is something new, look!

CdP4jDQUIAEVeTe.jpg:large

Both Slash and Duff posted this. It could be a message, look at the top "23 Original hits by the original stars"!!!

This is weird.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

I think that would be a great thing to see, the reunion happening first in the Whiskey or Troubadour of all places. What could be more fitting? You only have to flick through Canter's Reckless Road to see why this would be the perfect relaunch - history comes full circle; Whiskey, Troub, Roxy - these are the Mecca and Medina of Guns N' Roses' past (and rock n' roll past). It would be a much better introduction than some unplayed historyless (currently unfinished) Vegas complex. The gig will be better than the arena gig because, club gigs are inherently better than arena gigs, and the action will be close-up and intense. Even people not present in person - the great majority - will see up-close photos and clips (perhaps it will be filmed for official consumption?). I cannot believe some spoilt brat would deny the world this opportunity just because they splurged little Tarquin's education fund on Vegas.

yeah, that's why i said i'd be surprised if there wasn't a Whisky or Troub show. something's definitely going to happen.

9 hours ago, wasted said:

Could be a cover idea for the Best of cd. 

Difficult-to-strip-to Guns N' Roses Hits

1. One in a Million

2. Get in the Ring

3. Down on the Farm

4. Double Talkin' Jive

5. The General

6. Shackler's Revenge

7. Scraped

8. My World