Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

4 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Imagine if this lineup goes on to write and release an album that becomes the top hard rock album of all time...then the drum head will have its value!

I used to have a lot of GNR things (nothing signed like this, of course) that when I was a kid thought they didn't matter. I got rid of them and now I regret it!

Never thought the time would give value to things I thought were just junk when I bought them :-/

30 minutes ago, DIST said:

This is the first signed memorabilia piece  of Axl and Slash since the break up.

Nope, there was this guitar too, it was posted a few months back with that online slot machine thing. 

52 minutes ago, smoking guns said:

For $7,500 it should be the AFD 5 with a hologram of them on he snare so when it is sitting on your coffee table you can see it on all sides. 

^---What this guy said. Jeebus, it's a signed gnr drumhead with only 3/5 of the classic lineup, not a 50's les paul signed by slash. Don't get me wrong, I freakin' LOVE g'nr, but they ain't the beatles, and at most shows you can get this kind of thing at the merch stand if you go in early enough for like $100 or less. I got a lamb of god drumhead autographed by the entire original band (fully realizing that this doesnt quite carry the same weight as gnfr) for $45 at their last show.

2 hours ago, Nosaj Thing said:

I'ts understandable that it didn't sell, considering it includes Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer signatures that no one outside the forums know about.  That, alone, decreases the value of the drum head.

Unfortunate.

Or it could be the fact that the reserve on it was $7500.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

Nope, there was this guitar too, it was posted a few months back with that online slot machine thing. 

Not signed by big of them. Guitars signed on the pick guard are always worth less than guitars signed on the body, and this is why. I guarantee you that Axl signed the guard, Slash signed the guitar, and someone put them together. The drum head has both signatures on the same piece, which makes it way better for collecting purposes. 

• Like 2

The guitar is an epiphone. It is the guitar slash used on the November Rain video, or this is what Netent believe (not true).

Ths guitar was also the first time after Appetite for Democracy that something happened between slash and axl.

February 2015:

http://www.luckymobileslots.com/new-slots/breaking-news-new-netent-guns-n-roses-slot/

38 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Not signed by big of them. Guitars signed on the pick guard are always worth less than guitars signed on the body, and this is why. I guarantee you that Axl signed the guard, Slash signed the guitar, and someone put them together. The drum head has both signatures on the same piece, which makes it way better for collecting purposes. 

i thought Axl didn't sign things like pick guards for that very reason? (slapping it on a guitar and charging a crazy price) 

It's a shit guitar but at least one of the signatures is on the body. I hate when people do the pickguard autographs. Usually they end up getting slapped on some unrelated guitar - often Strat knockoffs because of how universal the pickguard shape is. I see it with AC/DC a lot - someone advertises a guitar signed by Angus and it ends up being a shitty Strat knockoff with the signature on the pickguard. Not worth the money at all.

At least here it's a Les Paul so it's Slash related but all the same it's a low end Epiphone. The LP100 I believe. It's only slightly above the entry level Special series. You can find these used all the time for like $75 - $100 (new they're about $250).

17 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

Imagine if this lineup goes on to write and release an album that becomes the top hard rock album of all time...then the drum head will have its value!

The drum will probably make more than the album. This drum has groupies already and it still hasn't released a record. 

• Like 1