Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

2 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

I just dont think that if someone says something respectfully, others jump fast to laugh about it.

U guys have a nice thing going on here. Take care of coments and stuff.  Lets keep things polite and with Comon sense.  Thats all im saying.

Encourage new forumers to participate more and make them exited of being part of this. 

Im just sayin all this for your (our) own good. Ive seen a lot of latín american gnr forums die for things like this.  

I know gnr its a complicated subject. ( maybe the most complicated band with the most over-thinker fans ever). But theres always a way to do-/say things.

Im a grown man, and i can take anything u throw ,  but other people isnt like that, plus they dont have to.

Peace

SEPTEM

:*

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, -W.A.R- said:

i wonder if Slash ever regrets giving it back?

something like that i'd have to be selfish about

I don't think so, he has always been a very big Aerosmith Fan, but that guitar at the moment really costs a lot. 

But if I see myself as a successful guitarist and as I look up to Slash and if Slash himself asked me for that guitar, then well I would have given him with no regrets, but I would have made a deal with him that I would like to have Dinner with him and play a full show with him. 

Edit - Dinner in the sense like just hanging around with him and having food with him, even lunch is fine, I don't want some Candle light shit with him lol 

Edited by Slash787

3 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

I'm sure to some degree he does, but Gibson took Joe Perry's original (the one in NR) and created perfect replications. It's the same thing they did with the AFD les paul (even though its not a real Gibson). Anyways, Slash must have been invited to the release of it because I saw some pictures of him and Joe with all of the finished reissues. Slash ended up playing one of them for pretty much all of the World On Fire tour. It may not be the real 59' LP, but its the best recreation he could have. So I don't think he regrets it all that much. I think he's got one hell of a collection. You can check it the reissue here http://www.gibson.com/Products/Electric-Guitars/Les-Paul/Gibson-Custom/Joe-Perry-1959-Les-Paul.aspx

5 hours ago, -W.A.R- said:

I think it was on the Slash: Raised on the Sunset Strip rockumentary thing that Joe Perry told the story of getting it back. Joe had sold it back in his Toxic Twin days, and needed the money for dope. Years later, after he cleaned up and had piles of money again, he wondered what ever became of it. One day, his friend was reading a guitar magazine and saw a picture of Slash with some of his guitar collection, and saw a '59. He showed Joe, and he recognized it as his old ax. He called Slash and inquired about getting it back. Slash said "oh man, I was afraid you'd come calling someday". But he didn't want to give it back as it was important to him now too. Then a couple years later on Joe's birthday, Slash gave him a little present- his old '59 back!

Its a cool story. I believe it was on that rockumentary I mentioned above, but not positive...

• Like 1