Official GNR Social Media Update / Discussion

I'm not a giant fan of Dizzy to begin with. If it's true that he called someone a loser just for politely asking for a picture then that reinforces my negative opinion on him. He could have politely refused if it was too much to ask.

Personally I probably wouldn't approach Dizzy or even Axl, but I think it's pretty normal for fans to do so.

• Like 1

I wouldn't ask for Dizzy Reed's autograph if I bumped into him. Who does he think he is, a cricketer haha? But then I have long since ceased to have any desire about meeting people just because I happen to like their music. They're just people really. Even the legends like Dylan, Elvis and Lennon are/were just people. What do you expect to gain from the experience? I suppose it is a photo to show the grandkids? I get a feeling it is a bit like Beatlemania whenever Guns N' Roses land in South America.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

I wouldn't ask for Dizzy Reed's autograph if I bumped into him. Who does he think he is, a cricketer haha? But then I have long since ceased to have any desire about meeting people just because I happen to like their music. They're just people really. Even the legends like Dylan, Elvis and Lennon are/were just people. What do you expect to gain from the experience? I suppose it is a photo to show the grandkids? I get a feeling it is a bit like Beatlemania whenever Guns N' Roses land in South America.

I notice you left Neil Young out of your list of "just people". Hmmm. Perhaps you have his autograph stashed somewhere??? :lol:

One thing I have never understood is people getting outraged and angry when a celebrity rebuffs them when they want a picture or a signature. Becoming a celebrity means you have to put up with a whole lot of crap, but does not mean that you suddenly become non-human. They don't suddenly lose their rights to their person and their self. It doesn't matter if it will only take a fraction of a second to snap a photo. This photo means they have to let a stranger into their personal space and touch them and maybe they are just not feeling it right then.

6 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I notice you left Neil Young out of your list of "just people". Hmmm. Perhaps you have his autograph stashed somewhere??? :lol:

No. I wouldn't actively seek him out either. I'm just not interested in any of that stuff, 'selfies' and autographs. I suppose if I accidentally met him, and I thought the moment opportune, I could envision a scenario where I might shake his hand and say thanks for the music.

On 11/23/2016 at 6:10 AM, killuridols said:

wow... that person is crazy! :o

Renting a room in an expensive hotel for the (un)probable chance of taking a picture with them is the creepiest thing.

Poor guys, really, and those people aren't real fans.

Wow that's scary sht. I'm sure here in the US we have some of the same. A lot of people hanging around the Roosevelt after Dodger Stadium show. Crazy life.:blink:

10 minutes ago, Gibson_Guy87 said:

So GN'R VEVO just posted this video (vid right under the playlist). I clicked on it but it's private. After all the hashtags, it says "The Machine is Back at It)

Screenshot_20161125-191811.png

I think it's just their video intro for the concerts with the gun reloading and blowing the screen black