Buckethead Rules!!!

BucketShred

Just thought i'd throw this in randomly but Buckethead is, IN MY OPINION, the greatest guitarist in the history of the band. Absolutely unparalleled. Axl appears to think this, too!

Buckethead - Bumblefoot - Richard Fortus; now that would be some aural attack. I liked Robin Finck's look in early 2000's and he did some seriously good shit on ChiDem (ProTools???). Such a pity he could never back it up live

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just thought i'd throw this in randomly but Buckethead is, IN MY OPINION, the greatest guitarist in the history of the band. Absolutely unparalleled. Axl appears to think this, too!

Buckethead - Bumblefoot - Richard Fortus; now that would be some aural attack. I liked Robin Finck's look in early 2000's and he did some seriously good shit on ChiDem (ProTools???). Such a pity he could never back it up live

No need to insult Robin to make your point about Bucket. Bucket is a great guitar player and no one can deny that.

I saw him with GN'R in 2002 and solo for the first time a few weeks back. I may be seeing him again in Orlando next Tuesday as well.

the greatest guitarist in the history of the band [2]

Buckethead - Bumblefoot - Richard Fortus; now that would be some aural attack.

that would be unecessary overkill. If you have BH, you don't need BBF and viceversa. Guns just does not need that much shred, maybe that's why first Robin, and then DJ got such a large bulk of the solos.

\

Former gunners section under hired help..thank you. Buckethead did a good job of doing his solo show in the middle of a GNR comeback tour. No one denies he is talented but his shctick gets boring to me. The whole "Herbie the talking sock" episode mixed with the "im afraid of girls" thing deserves the FACEPALM award. You have this bad ass band who sings about drugs sex and rock and roll and being badass motherfuckers afraid of nothing and he gets on stage with nunchakus and rubber chickens and his little get up to sell GNR songs to the public who remembers...the most dangerous band on earth. The whole chicken coop thing just made GNR look like a bunch of clowns pretending to be the history making GNR of old. You can argue his prescion playing and his innovative approaches are absolutely are just what GNR needed...well see.. so far none of the new songs have lit a fire under the ass of the world to the degree that even the weakest song in GNR of olds songs did.

\

You have this bad ass band who sings about drugs sex and rock and roll and being badass motherfuckers afraid of nothing and he gets on stage with nunchakus and rubber chickens and his little get up to sell GNR songs to the public who remembers...the most dangerous band on earth.

Your whole post is fucking clown shoes.

The band isn't 20 anymore. Grow up. It hasn't been about "sex, drugs, and rock n' roll" in a long time.

And the whole "most dangerous band on earth" thing was no longer true when they started touring arenas...

Axl is an artist and GN'R is his outlet for creativity and artistic expression. Buckethead is an artist whose talent is unparalleled. You'd think that you'd put two and two together and realize they were perfect for each other (creatively speaking).

Instead of embracing him, you're ignorantly ripping the guy who wrote the backbone of "Chinese Democracy" and the songs you haven't heard yet. Real cute.

Facepalm yourself.

\

You have this bad ass band who sings about drugs sex and rock and roll and being badass motherfuckers afraid of nothing and he gets on stage with nunchakus and rubber chickens and his little get up to sell GNR songs to the public who remembers...the most dangerous band on earth.

Your whole post is fucking clown shoes.

The band isn't 20 anymore. Grow up. It hasn't been about "sex, drugs, and rock n' roll" in a long time.

And the whole "most dangerous band on earth" thing was no longer true when they started touring arenas...

Axl is an artist and GN'R is his outlet for creativity and artistic expression. Buckethead is an artist whose talent is unparalleled. You'd think that you'd put two and two together and realize they were perfect for each other (creatively speaking).

Instead of embracing him, you're ignorantly ripping the guy who wrote the backbone of "Chinese Democracy" and the songs you haven't heard yet. Real cute.

Facepalm yourself.

+1

Bucket is amazing. Personally think he's the best guitar player the band has ever had but the best member ever to be in position of lead guitarist is still Slash, tho... That doesn't take any credit away from Bucket and what he has done for GnR and outside GnR. Amazing artist, little odd, but amazing. Shadows Between the Sky ROCKS!!!

Bucket is amazing. Personally think he's the best guitar player the band has ever had but the best member ever to be in position of lead guitarist is still Slash, tho... That doesn't take any credit away from Bucket and what he has done for GnR and outside GnR. Amazing artist, little odd, but amazing. Shadows Between the Sky ROCKS!!!

This right here. Bucket has killer skills, but if you're gonna make the statement on who's the greatest lead guitarist Gn'R has ever had, you have to elaborate on it. Slash is the best guitarist they've ever had. Period. End.

Edited by GnR Chris

As much as I would love Bucket to pull a turd from my constipated ass, the lineup now is just too damn amazing.

I dig the new line up, and I think the chemistry is there.

This band's potential is great, but 'amazing' is a word that only describes Axl and Bumble imo.

They are all top players, professional musicians. I love Fortus, he's very valuable to this band but I wouldn't say he's an amazing player.

Frank? Pitman? Dizzy? I don't see it (or hear it)

Tommy is a legend and a great fucking bass player but don't know about amazing.

Edited by Rovim

I meant amazing as in chemistry on stage. Not amazing as in talented.

Oh. In that case, I still don't think the chemistry of this line up on stage is amazing. It's great, no doubt and I don't mean to take away from the awesomeness on stage, but when I think of the amazing chemistry of Gn'R this is not even the second best line up - chemistry wise. Just my opinion.

The old line up had amazing chemistry.

Bucket and Brain had it in the 2002 line up

It's just not that easy to have.

Edited by Rovim