February 13th, 2013 - Los Angeles, CA: Tommy Hilfiger's Secret Party

NicoRourke

does this show represent a new high-water mark for nugnr? possibly.

Don't you think that it's odd that the people who rave on about how anti-industry Axl is, how he doesn't care about pleasing the establishment, and how much artistic integrity he has compared to money-hungry media-whores like Slash, Bon Jovi and Metallica.............also praise Axl for playing private shows for fashion designers, hanging out with pop stars at a grammy's party, playing weddings for money, suing everybody and their brother, following Motley Crue's footsteps and playing Vegas, and licensing the GnR name out to baseball cards (with Winger and video vixens) while his band members are selling hot sauce and emo clothing.

They also praise Beta's management skills. So they prefer private shows for rich industry people, associating the band with Bobbie Brown and Kip Winger, and playing vegas (like Motley Crue and Def Leppard) over the current band actually recording and releasing new music together? Weird.

BOOM. This.

BAM! Groghan dropping a massive truth-bomb!

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you think that it's odd that the people who rave on about how anti-industry Axl is, how he doesn't care about pleasing the establishment, and how much artistic integrity he has compared to money-hungry media-whores like Slash, Bon Jovi and Metallica.............also praise Axl for playing private shows for fashion designers, hanging out with pop stars at a grammy's party, playing weddings for money, suing everybody and their brother, following Motley Crue's footsteps and playing Vegas, and licensing the GnR name out to baseball cards (with Winger and video vixens) while his band members are selling hot sauce and emo clothing.

They also praise Beta's management skills. So they prefer private shows for rich industry people, associating the band with Bobbie Brown and Kip Winger, and playing vegas (like Motley Crue and Def Leppard) over the current band actually recording and releasing new music together? Weird.

words of wisdom

words of wisdom

Warm up show, plenty of dates to attend.... (if you are really really really want to see them).

lol (literally) @ everyone who's acting like they've been betrayed because their favorite band played a private show.

Did it really change your life because GNR played a concert last night?

lol (literally, again), also @ people saying they're "done." What.. if Welcome to the Jungle comes on the radio, you'll dislike the song and change the station? Or do you mean you'll stop posting on a fan message board?

Lots of bands play private shows. With Axl though I wonder does he show up on time or does he play games like he does for normal paying fans? Do "things happen" on show day or is that just during regular arena gigs? I think we all know the answer.

B: Come on, you and Tommy can get along without fighting can't you?

A: Aaawww, but Mom, I don't wanna play for him...

B: But we've promised him, now run along and play to collect your pocket money (and our family share, hehe)

A: But he doesn't like me Mommy, do I really have to go?

B: You'll do as you're told, now run along and forgive and forget (in this case at least)

A: Oh, o.k then, I'll play with him, but if he bullies me again, i'm coming home...

:cry:

Beta and fakeGNR they suck so much its unreal

Unreal is wantin to get assfucked by Dizzy Reed on a dark alley just after a Hookers N Blow gig.

This is fucking priceless DizzyReedsexmachine or whatever the fuck his name is got owned like no other :thumbsup::rofl-lol:

Edited by Dark Knight

words of wisdom

This definetly helped clear up some things for me.I'm glad I took the time to read it.Incredible post filled with so much valuable info.Thankyou so much for explaining things with such clarity, and using examples to simplify things for us. Edited by cbgnr

words of wisdom

This definetly helped clear up some things for me.I'm glad I took the time to read it.Incredible post filled with so much valuable info.Thankyou so much for explaining things with such clarity, and using examples to simplify things for us.

Isn't it just called having a career? In my experience moral victories are rather hollow and the luxury of the young. The guy probably just wants to have a fun and lucrative life at this point.

Who cares point is Axl is the one who's made a career out of making bold, lofty declarations then following through and delivering. Until '11, he followed through. Now, he's not. Actually seems more like a parody of himself. Therefore, some fans raise red flags. Some dont. And that's OK. I'm sure something's gotta give sooner or later, and I feel confident he has the capability to "turn it on" when he decides. Wont stop me from bitching when I hear yet another episode of "Axl doing un-Axl things."

I hate to say this but this band is going nowhere.

There won't be a new album, never.

Besides, Axl can't sing for shit anymore. He sounded great in 2010 and pretty much everything after that sounds awful.

He sounded better in 2002.

Also, I don't think Axl will get his voice back. He's done.

Myles Kennedy still sounds worse tho..

Besides, Axl can't sing for shit anymore. He sounded great in 2010 and pretty much everything after that sounds awful.

Look, he does sound shitty right now due to extreme health and practice neglect. BUT...he sounds waaaaay better now than in 02.

He still has rasp and does Jungle and a few others really well. Very much unlike the 02 shows.

Look, he does sound shitty right now due to extreme health and practice neglect. BUT...he sounds waaaaay better now than in 02.

He still has rasp and does Jungle and a few others really well. Very much unlike the 02 shows.

Agreed.

Health this blabla that. Stop the excuses, it's all bullshit.

In 2002 Axl sounded clean but still more powerfull than he does now. I'd take the Boston 2002 show over pretty much every show he did in 2011/12. They did tons of shows last year but there was no improvement in his vocals.

Pretty much everything sounds out of breath.

And maybe he would sound better if he'd lose some weight etc. But I don't see that happening any time soon.

Imho, Axl became lazy.

The facts that he's out of shape and doesn't practice are no excuses, they're facts. The average concert from 2012 is still better than any show from 2002. Even the worst shows from these mini tours are better than the average show from '02. And any show from '02 is still better than a Slash and Myles comedy hour. It's just the way that works. :shrugs:

Health this blabla that. Stop the excuses, it's all bullshit.

In 2002 Axl sounded clean but still more powerfull than he does now. I'd take the Boston 2002 show over pretty much every show he did in 2011/12. They did tons of shows last year but there was no improvement in his vocals.

Pretty much everything sounds out of breath.

And maybe he would sound better if he'd lose some weight etc. But I don't see that happening any time soon.

Imho, Axl became lazy.

True. Axl sounds like shit now, it's sad.