Going Down Appreciation Thread [NO LINKS/REQUESTS ALLOWED]

ManetsBR

Going Down sounds like a Soul Asylum song, which is understandable since Stinson wrote it.

It doesn't sound like GNR at all.

exactly

i can't believe some people are getting excited by a stinson song.

it shows how mindless and desperate they are.

fuck right off, this is a great song. complaints, complaints, complaints

I really like the song. It comes close to what Izzy and Axl would do on some songs (14 years, Dust N'Bones).

I think the solo is awesome. I'm a bit disappointed with all the effects on Axl's voice (it reminds me of the layers he used on Shackler's Revenge), i think that without those effects and having Axl re-do the vocals this song can definitely one of the highlights of the next album, if it ever comes out.

exactly. Izzy was my favorite songwriter from the old GNR. This song reminds me of Izzy/Axl, and that's why IMO this song sounds the most like old GNR from anything since UYI.

I love the fact that stinston takes lead with Axl background, it works perfectly. axl can barely sing these days anyhow, he's better off just making faint screams in the background. :rofl-lol: I like the old school blues rock feel of this song, again, reminds me A LOT of old GNR. This is the best song since UYI (except for maybe OMG).

All those saying it doesn't sound like GN'R so it sucks - lol fuck off. What is it suppose to sound like? What is "GN'R" suppose to sound like now? It's not the old band any more. This is a great little song. Actually gives me some hope that the music we may someday get will be awesome.

No disrespect but I simply don't understand how so many of you like this song so much. Axl's background vocals are far from great, it's a Tommy Stinson song, it sounds like pop crap that we hear on radio nowadays, the solo doesn't fit the song at all, Tommy is not a good singer, the guitar parts are just basic chords, nothing extraordinary and it's get old real fast. I don't get it sorry.

I'm feelin the song and I think it's refreshing to hear the band sound like they're in a room together, which none of Chi Dem sounded like. People are historical and physical so having spatial/temporal surroundings are important, at least for a band rooted in a genre like rock where sincerity and organic interplay are significant.

It's like Axl finding his place, and Tommy finding his. The drums have a nice close sound. It's a nice change. I hear some classic GNR, KOHD guitar chords, Axl does some of his signature things also...

The song structurally is tight. Axl comes in/out at the right times. The small things which bring it all together, are what make great tracks. Bringing back "nothin leeft...to do!" at 3:58 is an example.

I'm happy for Tommy, Axl, and the guys today. This might be the biggest breath of fresh air in five fucking years. Cheers!

Edited by Eu4ic

No disrespect but I simply don't understand how so many of you like this song so much. Axl's background vocals are far from great, it's a Tommy Stinson song, it sounds like pop crap that we hear on radio nowadays, the solo doesn't fit the song at all, Tommy is not a good singer, the guitar parts are just basic chords, nothing extraordinary and it's get old real fast. I don't get it sorry.

exactly.

but don't try to convince a fanatic, it's like talking to a wall.

they are sheeps ready to worship anything

exactly.

"I used to love her, but i had to kill her [....]"

exactly.

Okay, we get it - you don't like it. No need to start bashing people who do though.