BANNER COMPETITION INSIDE - Design a new banner with the old, new or both bands

CoolRanchDressing

Jeez some of you really know how to over-react. We just want a new banner. Old band, new band, whatever - I just want it to look good!

I brought it up in this thread because I thought it was a good opportunity to mention it - not because we're specifically seeking a banner with the old members in it.

Quit making it out to be some grand statement: it's not. The sky won't cave in and the site won't change whether the old members are in the banner or not.

It's your forum so whatever. Of course It has to look good who said the opposite?

Doesn't mean all of us should be jumping for joy seeing members that have not been in the band for over 20 years.

It's a slap in the face to the current guys especially Tommy who's been in the band longer than all of them.

And how will this help mending our relationship with the band and management?

if a hall of fame fake gnr pic gets posted as the banner then im out of this shit hole

I feel your pain

HOF should be sued for using GN'R name to introduce those musicians. I hope GN'R lawyers are working on that.

I am surprised nothing has happened yet. I think there is a 5 year gap between an incident and Axl suing. (eg: Activision)

Edited by volcano62

Jeez some of you really know how to over-react. We just want a new banner. Old band, new band, whatever - I just want it to look good!

I brought it up in this thread because I thought it was a good opportunity to mention it - not because we're specifically seeking a banner with the old members in it.

Quit making it out to be some grand statement: it's not. The sky won't cave in and the site won't change whether the old members are in the banner or not.

This.

I always liked the idea of rotating banners or at the very least one with all the members through the years. Hopefully some of the users can put their creativity to use and come up with some cool designs! :)

Of course the banner should include anyone who has been a significant member of the band, old and new.

You're gonna need a bigger banner.

shut up roy scheider

It's your forum so whatever. Of course It has to look good who said the opposite?

Doesn't mean all of us should be jumping for joy seeing members that have not been in the band for over 20 years.

It's a slap in the face to the current guys especially Tommy who's been in the band longer than all of them.

And how will this help mending our relationship with the band and management?

if a hall of fame fake gnr pic gets posted as the banner then im out of this shit hole

I feel your pain

HOF should be sued for using GN'R name to introduce those musicians. I hope GN'R lawyers are working on that.

I am surprised nothing has happened yet. I think there is a 5 year gap between an incident and Axl suing. (eg: Activision)

Axl will never sue, because this time he knows that if he sues all hell would broke loss...imagine the press and fans backlash if he sued members from the og band because they were inducted under the gnr name...i mean i would love that he sues hof and company but i think this time he prefer's to simply forget it.

Volcano: google image search guns n roses. That should give you a clear picture of what people are looking for when they think of guns n roses. I know that 20 fans of the new band may be shocked and appalled by this simple, obvious reality. But I think it's the forum can do a better job of reflecting gnr's actual fan base, and not catering to the emotional shortcomings of a few obsessive weirdos who want beta and Fernando to be their Internet pen pals.

Edited by CoolRanchDressing

This thread is a good example of who are the real cupcakes. You see the Axl worshippers all getting their panties twisted just by the thought of having a picture of Slash in the top banner. Why is that? Not even Axl hates the old guys as much as his worshippers here.

Mods, you got rid of a lot of cupcakes and haters, but I see some of the worst cupcakes are still here free to post, difference is, they are on Axl's side.

A nice banner featuring Slash, Duff, Robin, or even Paul Huge Tobias would be cool, and a nice nod to GNR's interesting and dramatic history.

In my opinion, these intolerant Axl fanatics would be better off in some other message board, not here and thanks mods for not censoring everything.

This thread is a good example of who are the real cupcakes. You see the Axl worshippers all getting their panties twisted just by the thought of having a picture of Slash in the top banner. Why is that? Not even Axl hates the old guys as much as his worshippers here.

Mods, you got rid of a lot of cupcakes and haters, but I see some of the worst cupcakes are still here free to post, difference is, they are on Axl's side.

A nice banner featuring Slash, Duff, Robin, or even Paul Huge Tobias would be cool, and a nice nod to GNR's interesting and dramatic history.

In my opinion, these intolerant Axl fanatics would be better off in some other message board, not here and thanks mods for not censoring everything.

I'm not sure anyone mentioned to specifically not include Slash directly - even though he quit the band, but whatever.