Late 2013 Concert **RUMORS**

t-p-d-a

A single concert? In Hartford, Connecticut? I've not kept up to date with GN'R news, but I seriously doubt that GN'R can organise themselves for one gig, thousands of miles from LA without it being part of a tour.

The location seems too random. To me that's like Rammstein turning up to play a gig in Rochdale and flying home again.

haha i'm gonna stretch back to 2005 for this one, but does anyone remember the concert that was supposed to take place, I think somewhere in Georgia, at a bar called "Coyote's" or something?? Hahaha and the promoter was like, DEAD SET on having everyone believe it was THEE then-current lineup of GN'R. I think some forum members even went so far as to trek out there and give updates. The big "wtf?" came when there was actually a fully-sized tour bus parked outside, but it turned out to be just an AC/DC tribute band or something hahahaha.

Now that is fucking funny.

Merck Emphasizes Axl Will Not Be In Atlanta

Ugh... going back and reading just one page of that was painful... I remember like, exactly where I was & when while following that topic. 2005, start to finish: absolute worst, worst year of my life.

The last two shows in Canada GnR played two venues that were in the 2,500-3,000 range. And didn't sell out both shows.

I really think that Axl has to release new music for this band to continue to have any kind of success. And it can't be one album in a couple years and then the next one eight years after that.

But do you really think than a new album will lead to people buying tickets to hear that new material? I really don't.

If you are still buying a ticket to see Axl in 2013, its to hear the classic hits. And it always will be. People go to hear WTTJ, SCOM, and NR. Truthfully, they could drop every single song post 1993, and I doubt it affects tickets one iota.

If the new music is good or produces a couple of rock hits - yes.

And I think it would give a boost no matter what. Not sure how much. I have to take a vacation from work and fly to go see GnR as they never come to my state. So for me to see GnR it's costing me a couple grand. If they come thru my area again next month - I'm not going. Saw them less than two years ago and I'm not paying 2 grand to see the same show (with a new cover or a new Appetite song being played).

But if they come thru next month and are playing 6 songs off of a NEW album.......I'm going!!!!!!!

Or if they do another Vegas residency. If it's the same basic set-list they've been playing, I won't spend the money. But if they are playing 6 new songs from a new album - I'll go for a week and see 3 shows.

So I think it would increase sales........can't say how much. Maybe it would only be 5-10% But a couple rock hits and I think you'd see a pretty good jump.

Who knows. Maybe his ship has sailed already. All I know is that I would LOVE for Axl to change his opinion on sharing new music with his fans. Imagine if he wanted to pull a Prince and clean out his vault and he released every old song that he had in 2014 (say 50-60 songs) and then released a brand new album created by the current band in 2015. I can't even imagine it.

Further correspondence from the promoter I contacted, seems a late 2013 run is unlikely:

NGOG: Interesting. So are they already committed to a touring plan or are you just trying to secure a one-off performance in the east?
Source: It would be a short northeast run but as each day goes by without an answer the odds decrease.
NGOG: Are they a difficult management to pin down?
Source: Very difficult.

Edited by NGOG
  • Like 2

Further correspondence from the promoter I contacted, seems a late 2013 run is unlikely:

NGOG: Interesting. So are they already committed to a touring plan or are you just trying to secure a one-off performance in the east?
Source: It would be a short northeast run but as each day goes by without an answer the odds decrease.
NGOG: Are they a difficult management to pin down?
Source: Very difficult.

Thanks for the update. Interesting to hear "northeast". That'd be an odd trek to knock out.

Xmas/New Years in NYC maybe? The part that's worrying about that quote from NGOG is that if they haven't even secured one date yet, it's doubtful that Axl's prepping for a run of shows.... Which means we probably shouldn't set our expectations very high... at all.... :nervous:

Certain promoters clearly want a GNR run before the end of the year, but I don't believe GNR themselves fancy touring.

I think the next time we'll see GNR is during a tour of South America in February 2014.

When were Rons 2014 dates set for though? I thought there were some in January that he had to cancel, so you'd think Guns would be on the road then, no?

He had to cancel late January dates, but it was primarily his February schedule affected by GNR.

Edited by NGOG

Ah, I see. I was thinking the bulk of his schedule was in January for some reason...

We're in November now... One would have to think that if the Vegas DVD was coming out before xmas they'd announce it ASAP. (Didn't RockFuel say they were trying to get us dates either this week or next? :rolleyes:) And if it isn't out by xmas, what the fuck are they touring for? Unless they release the DVD when the tour starts, but I don't know why they'd skip the xmas season just to line it up with the tour...

As much as I like seeing my favorite band, I know I'm not the only person who's not stoked that they're [potentially] touring with sweet fuck all to promote... I also wouldn't be all that stoked to see the Appetite for Democracy setlist a few more times, even though I really like CITR...

Does North-East include NY? Maybe he's planning on recording in-between? Or just partying? Or both? Who knows.

Northeast generally refers to Washington DC and up along the coast, through Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, and the entire New England region. The major concert markets in the Northeast would be Washington/Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York, Newark/East Rutherford (Still the greater NY area), Hartford, and Boston. There's some secondary markets sprinkled in there too.

If a Northeast run were to happen in late December, I'm praying for Boston on the 30th or 31st. I'll be in town the 27th-29th for the Mighty Mighty Bosstones' Hometown Throwdown at the House Of Blues. They almost always do a New Year's Eve show to end the residency but it's over 2 days early this year...I wonder if that's because Boston will finally get a UCAP show?* :book:

*Pure speculation

Does North-East include NY? Maybe he's planning on recording in-between? Or just partying? Or both? Who knows.

Northeast generally refers to Washington DC and up along the coast, through Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, and the entire New England region. The major concert markets in the Northeast would be Washington/Baltimore, Philadelphia, New York, Newark/East Rutherford (Still the greater NY area), Hartford, and Boston. There's some secondary markets sprinkled in there too.

If a Northeast run were to happen in late December, I'm praying for Boston on the 30th or 31st. I'll be in town the 27th-29th for the Mighty Mighty Bosstones' Hometown Throwdown at the House Of Blues. They almost always do a New Year's Eve show to end the residency but it's over 2 days early this year...I wonder if that's because Boston will finally get a UCAP show?* :book:

*Pure speculation

I have been to the last 4 MMB Throwdowns. Only 1 (last year) was on NYE. So I think this is a bit of a stretch.

*Pure speculation

I have been to the last 4 MMB Throwdowns. Only 1 (last year) was on NYE. So I think this is a bit of a stretch.

Really? Last year was my first one - one of my buddies goes every year and said all but one or two since the reunion end on NYE. Bad info on my part I guess :lol:

Going to any of the gigs this year?

Guys, the point is that GNR are clearly reluctant to engage in some last-minute touring. There is a concrete offer in place to tour the north-east; they haven't accepted that proposal.

As Fernando said, any plans seem to start in early 2014.

Guys, the point is that GNR are clearly reluctant to engage in some last-minute touring. There is a concrete offer in place to tour the north-east; they haven't accepted that proposal.

Could it be because other members' side tours are already in place?

I contacted Mike Karolyi from the radio station who created this rumor. He had this to say:

NGOG: Is it true that GNR are planning a show in the Hartford area? If so, can you divulge any details?

Mike Karolyi: There was a chance of GNR playing Mohegan Sun on New Year's Eve but it looks like that is not happening now.

• Like 2

Could it be because other members' side tours are already in place?
No. They are all under contract as employees of Axl/TB. I'm sure they would be contractually obliged to jump when Axl/TB says jump etc....besides they would make more money off a "Guns n Roses" tour vs some bar solo shows.

Ask the promoter more questions about management. Does he talk with beta or Fernando?

The promoter is most likely dealing with the booking agent for GNR not Beta or Fernando.

I can confirm that to be the case. At CRD's request, I asked the promoter in charge of approaching GNR about the party representing GNR.

He stated that it wasn't Beta or Fernando, but GNR's agent.

Edited by NGOG