Your concerts in 2014

Powerage5

Don't know if I mentioned it or not but I attended the Soundgarden/NIN gig here in Atlanta 8/8/14. I'll never forget Soundgarden's Black Hole Sun.

It was epic and made more epic thanks to a storm that blew in. I was sitting on the lawn ( outside venue ) when the wind started to blow during the chorus.

It was almost just like the music video and I was just fucking enthralled by it. It became magical ( sober the entire night, promise ). It lightened and thundered during the song as well.

Chris singing while it started to rain on the crowd " Black hole sun, won't you come and wash away the rain " with the wind/light show & thunder was just simply....

Something I'll never, ever forget. Magick is what it was. It was also sunny before the storm darkened the skies. :)

NIN put on an amazing show as usual and I'll never forget walking back to my car while Trent sang "hurt" as the close. 11pm almost 12 midnight walking on wet gravel, disoriented from the show and fatigued I hear

" everyone I know goes away in the end ", as I walk away from the venue. I could still hear well into the second chorus still walking to my car. It was bittersweet and just added to the magic that was in the air at that show. I've been to many NIN shows but this one was special.

As for other concerts lined up this year? I don't have any...

at least not yet. Recommendations appreciated if any.

:D

Edited by Sheri_Rose

Arcade Fire are soooo fantastic live. I'd pay to see them as many times as I possibly could.

In November I'm going to see Tori Amos (for the third time) and in December Nick Cave (for the second time). Really looking forward to both shows.

Just found out David Byrne came out during the Sunday night show.

We got Marky Ramone at our show.

Thinking about ZZ Top at the Electric Factory in Philly. It's GA, but tickets are more expensive than I thought they'd be. After fees they end up being around $90 each or so, so not sure if I'll bite or not.

Just found out Capital Cities are playing the 9:30 Club in DC next month and tickets are sold out now of course and like double the face value cost on StubHub. Ugh. We'll see.

Thinking about ZZ Top at the Electric Factory in Philly. It's GA, but tickets are more expensive than I thought they'd be. After fees they end up being around $90 each or so, so not sure if I'll bite or not.

Just found out Capital Cities are playing the 9:30 Club in DC next month and tickets are sold out now of course and like double the face value cost on StubHub. Ugh. We'll see.

Is the ZZ Top gig one of the ones with Jeff Beck? If so, that's a good price.

Hoping to see Royal Blood in October. Gonna be really pissed off if i miss this show...

Plus, it's only $16. Second cheapest concert i've ever been to :P

I keep missing them every time they come through my area. I really have to stop doing that.

You really do! i don't know if they're gonna come back any time soon (and how much more they'll charge) so i'm trying my best to see them this time.

very basic reviews of everyone i saw at made in america last weekend in philly:

saturday:

cherub - dance party!

the neighbourhood - this is pop that sounds like it should be heavy

big daddy kane - old school rap is the best

city and colour - meh

the national - woah

kanye - GOAT

sunday:

YG - fun west coast rap

danny brown - modern day ODB

AWOLNATION - "wow, i really wish these guys would play a rage against the machine cover"

girl talk - dance party!

pharrell - "this guy was on all of these songs?"

tiesto - fistpump bro city

kings of leon - surprisingly good

• Like 1

Alterbridge at the Starland Ballrom 10/10

I don't usually get excited about openers, but SO excited about the second opener they just added, Like A Storm! I discovered them when they opened for AB on the ABIII tour and they're awesome! They're opening on all 3 northeast dates I'm going to and I'm more excited than I already was!!

• Like 1