Your concerts in 2014

Powerage5

Should I go see DMX?

I saw him a number of years ago and he was pretty damn good. What is he even up to these days? Only thing about his show I didn't like was the prayer thing he does. It's like a full song prayer. Fuck that. Otherwise, hell yeah. Probably pretty cheap, right?

Edited by magisme

Should I go see DMX?

I saw him a number of years ago and he was pretty damn good. What is he even up to these days? Only thing about his show I didn't like was the prayer thing he does. It's like a full song prayer. Fuck that. Otherwise, hell yeah. Probably pretty cheap, right?

He was playing a festival (with St. Vincent as the other headliner) that started out as a multi-day thing in Bangor, got moved to a one night thing in Portland, and now is canceled altogether. So not happening either way. It was $35 for the one night with him and St. Vincent.

Should I go see DMX?

He was playing a festival (with St. Vincent as the other headliner) that started out as a multi-day thing in Bangor, got moved to a one night thing in Portland, and now is canceled altogether. So not happening either way. It was $35 for the one night with him and St. Vincent.

DMX and St. Vincent? Are you trolling me? :lol:

Obviously you go to see St. Vincent whenever you can, and you worship her for the goddess she is.

"With tickets" category:

8/30-8/31 - Made in America Festival - Philadelphia, PA

10/25 - Primus - Boston, MA

"Should really get off my ass and figure out" category:

8/28 - Les Claypool's Duo de Twang - Portland, ME

9/17 - Jack White - Boston, MA

9/21 - Black Keys - Boston, MA

10/29 - Rodrigo y Gabriela - Boston, MA

11/15 - The Wild Feathers - Boston, MA

August/September for me:

8/9 - Heavy Montreal Festival (Montreal)

8/28 - Journey/Cheap Trick (Syracuse)

8/30 - Scott Weiland (Verona) - still up in the air about this one.

9/27 - Tower Of Power (Hampton Beach)

9/28 - Tower Of Power (Cranston)

Then October is super busy - still gotta figure out what I can and can't manage to do.

Yo Powerage, did you get to see Dropkick on your Europe trip? I know they're playing the Heavy Montreal festival.

I did! Twice actually - at Bråvalla Festival in Sweden, and at Sonisphere in England. Absolutely loved them, definitely met my expectations. Looking forward to seeing them again tomorrow, and hopefully at their St. Patrick's Day run next year :shades:

Speaking of Boston bands, you into the Bosstones at all? If you've never seen them, you should really consider catching at least one of the Hometown Throwdown shows in December ;)

Yo Powerage, did you get to see Dropkick on your Europe trip? I know they're playing the Heavy Montreal festival.

I did! Twice actually - at Bråvalla Festival in Sweden, and at Sonisphere in England. Absolutely loved them, definitely met my expectations. Looking forward to seeing them again tomorrow, and hopefully at their St. Patrick's Day run next year :shades:

Speaking of Boston bands, you into the Bosstones at all? If you've never seen them, you should really consider catching at least one of the Hometown Throwdown shows in December ;)

Nice! And yeah, I'll definitely be doing at least one of the St. Paddy's shows. They're something else.

And I think I've considered doing one of them for the past two years on your recommendation but never actually got around to really listening. Maybe now that I'm 21 I'll have to get off my ass and check them out.

Nice! And yeah, I'll definitely be doing at least one of the St. Paddy's shows. They're something else.

And I think I've considered doing one of them for the past two years on your recommendation but never actually got around to really listening. Maybe now that I'm 21 I'll have to get off my ass and check them out.

DO IT. Seriously, they put on such an incredible show, especially at the Throwdown. If you're a diehard fan multiple nights are definitely worth it - last year they played 72 different songs over the 3 shows. I guarantee you won't be disappointed. Plus, it'd be cool to meet ya ;)

8/30 - Scott Weiland (Verona) - still up in the air about this one.

He's playing here a couple weeks after that and I'm on the fence about it as well.

He was great when I saw him last year - it was the most energy I'd seen from him since I saw VR in '07. But the shows this year are a lot pricier, last year I paid $30 I think and this year it's like $65.

Foxy Shazam was awesome. I met the band before and after the show, did the early entry meet and greet thing because I wanted the early entry (I was front row center). Eric apologized early in the set because he'd blown his voice out a couple shows ago, and it's near the end of the tour. They do the whole 'Gonzo' album first and then an encore set of 8~ old songs, and at about 'Shoe Box' he started to find his voice. Up until then, whenever he'd go for the high notes his voice would give completely... His voice still cracked throughout the show but he had a pretty good handle on it, it didn't happen a lot.

Voice aside, the performance itself was great. Anyone that's seen Foxy knows what their energy is like, and it was even more intense because Eric was pissed off for the first 4-5 songs because his voice cracked. Then with one song left in the Gonzo set someone starts yelling for old shit and he gets pissed off again.

He even stole the ride:

10603679_10154500902205512_6546797797248

Saw Keith Urban tonight, and as usual, he did not disappoint. I highly recommend catching him in concert if you can. His show honestly feels more like a rock show than a country concert.

I got to meet him again tonight, and as always, he remains the classiest act in the business. He was legitimately interested in talking to the fans, and in no way was it the cattle call that most of these meet and greets tend to be at times. He was interested to hear that I (well, we, counting the person that I went to the show with) traveled three hours to be there. He asked if we were staying in town overnight, if we were driving back afterwards, who did most of the driving, etc. There is nothing contrived about him. He's just a genuinely decent human being.

A+ experience all around.