Your concerts in 2014

Powerage5

Thing is, I'm not all that into him. I don't dislike him, of course; I just don't really listen to him. But it's Chuck Fucking Berry. That's something. But he's 900 years old. That's something too.

Exactly, its Chuck Fucking Berry. Ya gotta go dude! And you are damn lucky!

Chuck Berry plays tomorrow night at his regular joint. Think that's worth paying like $50-60 and going to see?

Edit: If ever I needed Len back to pump me up.... :(

Yes and no. I've paid roughly the same for him and I'm very happy I did. He's an absolute legend. His shows can be anywhere from 30 to 75 minutes. Rarely longer. It's not a technical guitar-fest either. But he did have his daughter and son in the band, which was great. Objectively, it was an ok bit short gig. But I just look back at it as an immensely feel-good rock and roll experience with one of the few living greats of rock and roll.

• Like 1

Thing is, I'm not all that into him. I don't dislike him, of course; I just don't really listen to him. But it's Chuck Fucking Berry. That's something. But he's 900 years old. That's something too.

you have to go, it's fucking Chuck Berry.

Len would give you a ten page diatribe as to why you should go (of course).

The truth is, if you're not that into him, save your cash. It's not a great show.

I've seen him a few times, honestly, it can be underwhelming, (but I am thankful and glad that I got to see him live).

Unless you are an appreciative fan, he might not blow your mind.

BUT, if you want bragging rights to the fact that you saw a living legend of rock n roll, a cat who helped bring it to the masses and woke a bland generation out of their parents' Doris Day stupor...then yeah, check him out. He deserves that respect.

Just have a few beers first, and you won't cringe at his guitar playing as much. ^_^

I'll tell you this though, if Chuck Berry was in the joint down the road from me tonight, I'd absolutely be there.

• Like 1

I was just reminded that I'm going to Kings Of Leon next Friday. Not looking forward to it very much.

Sebasatian Bach is going to be with Duff in my area on August 8th so I may go to that. Not sure yet.

Im seeing Baz a week before that, didnt know anything about Duff though, is he opening? Walking papers or Loaded or just a one-off?

I was just reminded that I'm going to Kings Of Leon next Friday. Not looking forward to it very much.

Sebasatian Bach is going to be with Duff in my area on August 8th so I may go to that. Not sure yet.

Im seeing Baz a week before that, didnt know anything about Duff though, is he opening? Walking papers or Loaded or just a one-off?

It might be a one off thing. The site for the venue has just said "w/ tba" through today but the radio ads are now saying "with Duff McKagen"

1. Go mags. Think about the greatest of the greats. You can't see Elvis, you can't see the Beatles, you can't see Hendrix, you probably can't see Zeppelin. But you can definitely see Chuck Berry and The Stones.

2. Why don't you care about KOL, Russ?

1. Go mags. Think about the greatest of the greats. You can't see Elvis, you can't see the Beatles, you can't see Hendrix, you probably can't see Zeppelin. But you can definitely see Chuck Berry and The Stones.

They're just not really my thing. I like a few songs off the newest album and the one before it though. My friend loves them and doesn't really have anyone to go with so I figured I'd go on the chance they'll play some of the tunes I dig.

So did you end up going and if so how was it?

They're just not really my thing. I like a few songs off the newest album and the one before it though. My friend loves them and doesn't really have anyone to go with so I figured I'd go on the chance they'll play some of the tunes I dig.
You don't have the first two albums?

So did you end up going and if so how was it?

I didn't. Got caught up in some other things. :(

Out of nowhere, I just remembered that I'm going to see Joss Stone on September 11 as well.

Jesus. Easily the worst 9/11 I can imagine.

• Like 1

You don't have the first two albums?

No. I've heard them but just didn't like them.