Red Hot Chili Peppers and Bruno Mars to play the Super Bowl halftime show

bacardimayne

Don't give a fuck about his acting or dancing, he can definitely sing, made some of the best pop/R&B albums of late and he plays guitar and piano as far as I know.

Being a good singer in the studio and being a generally good singer are different things. He does well in the studio but his vocals are all over the place when it comes to live performances.

Uh yeah I know no one exactly perfect live but you got proof of him being all over because I ain't heard shit that says he is.

• 3 weeks later...

Remember when The Stones played the half time show? Fuck, that was an awesome performance. Easily my favorite, followed by The Who, then KISS, then Prince. Sad, sad times when Bruno Mars is playing it.

The stones were awesome!

Macca

The who

Prince

Tom petty

Bruce springsteen

U2

The stones

All awesome

Remember when The Stones played the half time show? Fuck, that was an awesome performance. Easily my favorite, followed by The Who, then KISS, then Prince. Sad, sad times when Bruno Mars is playing it.

The stones were awesome!

Macca

The who

Prince

Tom petty

Bruce springsteen

U2

The stones

All awesome

The Stones were one of the most disappointing half times ever. Could've been great, but the performance just sucked.
  • Like 1

The stones were awesome!

Macca

The who

Prince

Tom petty

Bruce springsteen

U2

The stones

All awesome

That's a LOT of old people. And for the most part they all underperformed.

The stones were awesome!

Macca

The who

Prince

Tom petty

Bruce springsteen

U2

The stones

All awesome

The Stones were one of the most disappointing half times ever. Could've been great, but the performance just sucked.

The stones were awesome!

Macca

The who

Prince

Tom petty

Bruce springsteen

U2

The stones

All awesome

Who cares if they are old? I don't think they underperformed

I thought the Stones were pretty awesome. The lamest thing was the set, they could have done without Start Me Up and Rough Justice (I think Brown Sugar, Satisfaction, and Jumping Jack Flash would have been awesome) but they sounded good, in my opinion.

Bruce, Paul, Prince, and Tom did a fine job. I see no issues with those sets. And The Who's set gets a lot of shit, but I thought Roger was decent enough.

U2's was my favorite

The stones were awesome!

Macca

The who

Prince

Tom petty

Bruce springsteen

U2

The stones

All awesome

The stones were awesome!

Macca

The who

Prince

Tom petty

Bruce springsteen

U2

The stones

All awesome

Who cares if they are old? I don't think they underperformed

I thought the Stones were pretty awesome. The lamest thing was the set, they could have done without Start Me Up and Rough Justice (I think Brown Sugar, Satisfaction, and Jumping Jack Flash would have been awesome) but they sounded good, in my opinion.

Bruce, Paul, Prince, and Tom did a fine job. I see no issues with those sets. And The Who's set gets a lot of shit, but I thought Roger was decent enough.

U2's was my favorite

I think age is a perfectly valid concern. Older so-called "dad rock" acts aren't going to have the widest appeal for viewers. They also need to find a way to balance the types of artists featured in the halftime show from year to year, so that when you get older people who may not care about Bruno Mars, they'll at least know they've probably got a halftime act to look forward to in the next few Super Bowls.

Prince, U2, Springsteen, Petty and The Stones all put in solid performances. Prince and U2 in particular were excellent. The Who and Paul McCartney were average. The past few years have been more pop orientated though with Beyonce, Madonna, BEP and Bruno Mars. Of those Beyonce probably put in the best performance, followed by Madonna. Bruno Mars was boring, his whole act is a rip off of James Brown and Jacko with the difference being his songwriting sucks. It took the Chili Peppers to get the crowd going. They should have had the show to themselves, they've earned it far mre than Bruno Mars. BEP were atrocious, not even Slash could save that.