Red Hot Chili Peppers' Unplugged at Super Bowl: Axl Rose Weighs In

I wonder what it was specifically that got him riled up about the rhcp superbowl that pushed him into writing a lengthy prose and tweeting about it?

A few weeks ago I tweeted him saying that he should tweet more as I 'wanted to hear his opinions on shit'. I think that's why. Trollface_emoticon.png

Everything makes sense now. :-D

Axl is probably just butt-hurt with Kiedis for keeping up his (real) band going strong after all these years and that he's still in great shape despite being about the same age...

Pepsi-Super-Bowl-XLVIII-Halftime-Show.jp

Exactly. Kiedis is 52 this year and still looks & sounds like Kiedis (not a bloated Mickey Mouse).

Axl is probably just butt-hurt with Kiedis for keeping up his (real) band going strong after all these years and that he's still in great shape despite being about the same age...

Exactly. Kiedis is 52 this year and still looks & sounds like Kiedis (not a bloated Mickey Mouse).

Bruno mars looks like a lesbian in that picture (not that there's anything wrong with that).

Unless the Chillis get John Frusciante back, they're going to become extremely shit in the next 3 years.

Unlike Axl, Kiedis' writing alone isn't good enough.

Ugh, Bruno Mars sucks. I'm a RHCP fan, but I wish they hadn't done that. RHCP has just two founding members, btw, one more than GN'R.

Edited by RichardNixon

Unless the Chillis get John Frusciante back, they're going to become extremely shit in the next 3 years.

Unlike Axl, Kiedis' writing alone isn't good enough.

While I'm a big Frusciante fan, I thought I'm With You was great (not amazing though). I recently picked up all of the b-sides from those sessions and enjoy them as well. I think they'll be just fine and are in better shape than they were when Navarro took his spot. Did you get a chance so see them last year?

• Like 1

I wonder what it was specifically that got him riled up about the rhcp superbowl that pushed him into writing a lengthy prose and tweeting about it? If he was an avid tweeter like Slash/Duff/Matt none of us would think much of it because they tend to pass comment on a lot of high profile news.

Twenty odd pages and I'm still none the wiser as to whether he was being funny or taking a veiled pot shot. In the context of him usually being media shy it's certainly random. A two line tweet would have felt more in keeping but a whole essay? He clearly cares enough about the subject to sit down, draft a response then submit for publication -people only tend to do that kind of thing when they feel personally affronted by something. I just can't quite work out what that something is in this case.

It's an attempt at a sense of humor. I'm going to try to avoid critiquing it and let it speak for itself, but I thought it was a weird correlation, I don't even think the Freakonomics writer would be able to "go there".

I don't think he owns a Mandela shirt, put it that way. Will it hurt the band playing South Africa? Doubt it.

I think Axl disrespects the chili peppers with this statement.

Axl is 50 or more,he should know better,this was not right.

however,this is free publicity for Axl and the boys.

just by saying some random shit online the world of GNR fans blow up.

it will sell more Vegas tix for sure.

some people already think Axl is dead.

Seriously?

Abso-fucking-lutely. 90% of why I really liked the Chillis was John Frusciante's guitars.

I really liked One Hot Minute. Frusciante may be a better fit for that band than Navarro, but that was a cool album. The last RHCP was sort of by-the-numbers and was okay, but not great.

Edited by RichardNixon

Textual evidence of comedy? Textual evidence of legit critique of media?

Microchips in asses is something serious? Anyone faking music at any point deserves criticism from anybody that wants to criticise them. Be it Axl or Bob Villa. Doesn't fucking matter, the criticism has been earned.
I should have been clearer. Sorry, been reading to much Axl. I meant funny comedy, not hermit pissing in mason jars comedy. :lol:

And of course the criticism is deserved. I disagree that Axl is in any position to be the one leveling the criticism.

I disagree. If Axl did the same, I would agree with anybody and everybody that wanted to make fun of him for it. Including Flea if he chose to. Saying that because he's Axl, he has no right to poke fun at ridiculous stupidity when he sees it is ridiculous in itself.

He was probably baked at his computer and sent it out of pure bakedness. Who is honestly offended by it?

No offense, but have you read through this thread? There are some that seem to have a problem with it. As much as it surprises me, and I can't understand it, it is the opinion of several forum members.

Ali

If you stop analyzing it for comedic merit, and start looking at it as the ramblings of a baked rockstar at his computer, it's absolutely hilarious.

He was probably baked at his computer and sent it out of pure bakedness. Who is honestly offended by it?

No offense, but have you read through this thread? There are some that seem to have a problem with it. As much as it surprises me, and I can't understand it, it is the opinion of several forum members.

Ali

I find it extremely funny myself. I'd love to see Axl have some sort of weekly blog.

Textual evidence of comedy? Textual evidence of legit critique of media?

Microchips in asses is something serious? Anyone faking music at any point deserves criticism from anybody that wants to criticise them. Be it Axl or Bob Villa. Doesn't fucking matter, the criticism has been earned.
I should have been clearer. Sorry, been reading to much Axl. I meant funny comedy, not hermit pissing in mason jars comedy. :lol:

And of course the criticism is deserved. I disagree that Axl is in any position to be the one leveling the criticism.

I disagree. If Axl did the same, I would agree with anybody and everybody that wanted to make fun of him for it. Including Flea if he chose to. Saying that because he's Axl, he has no right to poke fun at ridiculous stupidity when he sees it is ridiculous in itself.

He has the right to do whatever he wants. But for someone who has spent virtually his entire life bitching and moaning about what other people say about him, he should have kept his mouth shut, imo.