March 20th, 2014 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Black Sabbath

While I don't doubt that, I wonder how long they could milk it at that level without new music? 5 years in stadiums? Maybe 10 for arenas as long as they'd stretch it out. Promoters and band members sometimes break up just so they can reunite again to make extra cash (see The Beach Boys, Mike Love outright said this in an interview).

I'm not sure either. Look at bands like AC/DC or the Stones. They don't tour that often, but when they do at least it's about an album most of the time. I suppose Aerosmith is an exception to that rule. Look at the gap between Honkin' On Bobo and Music From Another Dimension. I suppose they'd make the best comparison in terms of classic GnR. Then again Aerosmith isn't a guaranteed arena sellout band anymore either. With or without an album.

I'd say maybe the first tour would be stadium sellouts if properly promoted. After that maybe a round or two of arena's. But after that they'd start selling less and less as well. Assuming they'd tour continuously. If they'd leave longer gaps between the tours, they could do it for longer I guess.

No matter what band is playing, most people won't go see the same one every year for years in a row.

• Like 2

For just one of these two ladies, I would happily defend this show and all future shows, I formally underbid Jarmo: kbzrqx.jpg

But why do the other guys put up with it? Are they getting paid that much? Or have they all just good with the fact that Axl isn't ever going to collaborate with them, he is never going to allow them to put their stamp on a future GnR album, and that they are just being paid to play old songs. As a musician it seems like that goes against the who "artistic integrity" thing. But I guess a fat paycheck is more important?

The talking point, usually from bitterly unhappy reunion types, is that this is the plush gig of alltime and they are making a mint.I don't see it. I don't see where Axl gets all this huge coin to pay them.I think, at the end of the day, its a sweet gig in terms of pay simply because its better than anything they could ever hope to go by themselves.
Freese said it was good money but not THAT much. I don't think any of them could retire any time soon if they've been living the good life up until now. I'd like to see the sales charts for AshbaSwagTM since 2009.
I work for a niche online clothing retailer. We are four years old with a strong market base and three times the product range of ashbaswag. It's not as lucrative as you might think once costs are factored in. Although I expect the return rate is probably lower than average due to the fandom aspect.It's a decent living for an average Joe but imo wouldn't fund a millionaires lifestyle.

His swag is pretty pricey, and his dedicated fanbase seem happy to pay for it. I agree it wouldn't fund a lavish lifestyle, but my original comment was more about seeing increased profits from increased exposure.

FFS -- now as a fellow admin of a GNR forum I'd make that pic look sooooo more cool :(

High' -- ban all slash talk ASAP, thanks :)

For just one of these two ladies, I would happily defend this show and all future shows, I formally underbid Jarmo: kbzrqx.jpg

Now I know why he does it :lol: Good job Jarmo!

He's holding the beer... at least one hand got to be on one of those asses. That's the proper way of doing it, otherwise...

Maybe here... ;)tumblr_mjzjhrHqHl1qjtr1eo1_1280.jpg

It's my birthday soon Axl.... Just sayin ;) x

• Like 2

But why do the other guys put up with it? Are they getting paid that much? Or have they all just good with the fact that Axl isn't ever going to collaborate with them, he is never going to allow them to put their stamp on a future GnR album, and that they are just being paid to play old songs. As a musician it seems like that goes against the who "artistic integrity" thing. But I guess a fat paycheck is more important?

The talking point, usually from bitterly unhappy reunion types, is that this is the plush gig of alltime and they are making a mint.I don't see it. I don't see where Axl gets all this huge coin to pay them.I think, at the end of the day, its a sweet gig in terms of pay simply because its better than anything they could ever hope to go by themselves.
Freese said it was good money but not THAT much. I don't think any of them could retire any time soon if they've been living the good life up until now. I'd like to see the sales charts for AshbaSwagTM since 2009.
I work for a niche online clothing retailer. We are four years old with a strong market base and three times the product range of ashbaswag. It's not as lucrative as you might think once costs are factored in. Although I expect the return rate is probably lower than average due to the fandom aspect.It's a decent living for an average Joe but imo wouldn't fund a millionaires lifestyle.
His swag is pretty pricey, and his dedicated fanbase seem happy to pay for it. I agree it wouldn't fund a lavish lifestyle, but my original comment was more about seeing increased profits from increased exposure.

FFS -- now as a fellow admin of a GNR forum I'd make that pic look sooooo more cool :(

High' -- ban all slash talk ASAP, thanks :)

Now I know why he does it :lol: Good job Jarmo!
He's holding the beer... at least one hand got to be on one of those asses. That's the proper way of doing it, otherwise...
Maybe here... ;)tumblr_mjzjhrHqHl1qjtr1eo1_1280.jpg

It's my birthday soon Axl.... Just sayin ;) x

Hey you deserve a nod only after you clean up this site!

Look at Jarmo!

Look at MSL---notice they didn't pull down his "Rasp" thread!

This place can be great but you can't get news off it after having to sift thru

"did he loose weight?" and "what an ugly jacket" for 50 pages for every

4 pages of real info, photos/videos! C'mon now, let's loose the losers here.

More people are turned off by the kiddie battles here.

And really I hope you do get some recognition for a lively site! ;)

Edited by ohlovelyrita

Look at Jarmo!

Look at MSL---notice they didn't pull down his "Rasp" thread!

This place can be great but you can't get news off it after having to sift thru

"did he loose weight?" and "what an ugly jacket" for 50 pages for every

4 pages of real info, photos/videos! C'mon now, let's loose the losers here.

More people are turned off by the kiddie battles here.

And really I hope you do get some recognition for a lively site! ;)

Part of me agrees there is to much hate, on the other hand the banter is class.

• Like 1

Who knows if those girls know who /Jarmo is but props to him for living out a dream.

I've always said that.

For all the high horsing and "oh, I'd never do that"...I wonder. Would be tough to turn down.

You would always have the caveat its not the real band, and you'd have to tow the company line publically even against your better judgment sometimes...but I bet it ain't bad.

Life is often a trade off.

• Like 1

I don't understand why you judge a man by his first tour date. MLB players take weeks to get their game form. Axl just needs a few shows to get his wind and his legs. My fucking God I can't believe the amount of whining. It is Spring training for Axl, he will get in shape, he is fucking 50. OMFG you guys are killing me with your sandy vagina's.

So uhhhhh.....this show in a nutshell.

This guy gets it.

I don't understand why you judge a man by his first tour date. MLB players take weeks to get their game form. Axl just needs a few shows to get his wind and his legs. My fucking God I can't believe the amount of whining. It is Spring training for Axl, he will get in shape, he is fucking 50. OMFG you guys are killing me with your sandy vagina's.

What does warming up have to do with the last Year and a half? The whole 2013 tour was the same.

Most people would take some time before a tour to get in shape and be ready. You know, if you are going to be charging money and whatnot.

You talk like this is some 18 month trek. Its 12 fucking dates. If he needs 3 to "warm up" its 25% of the leg.

• Like 2

Starting an actual tour isn't spring training. This was opening day. And he blew it.

• Like 1

A professional musician would have solved that by rehearsals and maybe a warm-up gig or two.
  • Like 3